Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Bash Bar Fitment

So I know some of you are more familiar with bash bars than others. Ive been hunting around for a bash bar that fits an OEM Silvia Qs/Ks bumper AND an OEM Silvia Aero Bumper.

Does anyone know off hand a brand/company that makes a bash bar made to specifically fit the OEM Silvia bumpers? From what Ive read and seen, most companies are only producing them to fit USDM S13 flippy and aftermarket bumpers. Im looking for a bolt on solution, I dont want to start cutting/modding the bumpers to fit!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
I ran into this topic a while ago reading up on this myself.

This was the only site I found to have one made for you properly.

http://zilvia.net/f/wanted-buy/53729...-bash-bar.html'

The bash bar site:

Driftarmor.com
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Street Faction
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Ive spoken directly with DriftArmor as I was going to contract them for some work as I really like the quality of their products. However, they havent tested their bash bar with the OEM Silvia Aero Bumper as of yet.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Street Faction
I will have to give them a call and see what they say. I ran across their site about 20 minutes ago. The only thing that threw me was the note at the bottom that reads *Some bumper modification may be required* so I was a little hesitant about getting excited.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want to modify the bumper?

If this is about safety vs "I don't want to cut up a mint bumper", then you really ought to reconsider this front end conversion. And from the pictures I've seen of these bash bars, they are a lot smaller in shape which means if there are any modifications/cutting needed, it should be minor.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want to modify the bumper?

If this is about safety vs "I don't want to cut up a mint bumper", then you really ought to reconsider this front end conversion. And from the pictures I've seen of these bash bars, they are a lot smaller in shape which means if there are any modifications/cutting needed, it should be minor.
im old, grouchy and dont have the time lol my 240 is my daily driver and i work 2 full time jobs so I dont have tons of time to mess around with making things fit. im looking for a bolt on solution

the fitment issue arises from the location of the turn signals i believe. the silvia bumpers have a lot less clearance vertically than the 180 bumpers do from my comparisons.

no biggie though, i appreciate the feedback.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
Drift_FX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Drift_FX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
make your bashbar to fit whatever bumper you want to run....problem solved.... dont know how to make a bashbar? then its time to learn a new skill!
Drift_FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_FX View Post
make your bashbar to fit whatever bumper you want to run....problem solved.... dont know how to make a bashbar? then its time to learn a new skill!
dont have time to learn to weld or the money for a proper tig welder. id LOVE to learn to weld, but anymore, i just really dont have the time in life.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #10
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
well i order my Driftarmor from enjukuracing and just got it in today. looks great and strong. i havent put it on yet. will let you know if it work with my k bumper...
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
matts13vert
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (31)
matts13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
As zooopreme mentioned above, our bash bars will do what you need and fit as desired. They all clear signal lights, support the bumper, are TIG welded, and are made on a fixture so they bolt on better than any aftermarket bar being sold.

Most bumpers don't need any modification, but I don't have access to every aftermarket bumper in existence for every front end available. Therefore the disclaimer is added.

I've sold over 30 bars within the past few months with no returns or complaints. There are a few members on here that are running the bars as well.

Please check out my instagram for more photos. @streetfaction
[email protected]
matts13vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #12
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
d-up drifting salad bar fits under the oem bumper
Old 01-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #13
jrizzo_240lsx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jrizzo_240lsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Local guy here in NH makes bash bars... Here is his facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/DANGDRIFTERSNH

just another option...
Old 01-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #14
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
streetfaction +1
streetfactionbash-bars
huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #15
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Just run nothing.
The only thing a bash bar is good for is if you plan to play bumper cars with your automobile. Based on the fact that you are hesitant to cut your bumper, I doubt you plan to hit things with it.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #16
NJs13_1993
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
NJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Dang drifters bash bar doesn't fit withsilvia bumpers. I had to cut my bumper to hell to get it to fit where it bolts in and it pushed the bumper up too high. I ended up welding it in a different spot to get it to fit the bumper better
NJs13_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #17
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Just run nothing.
The only thing a bash bar is good for is if you plan to play bumper cars with your automobile. Based on the fact that you are hesitant to cut your bumper, I doubt you plan to hit things with it.
bumper sag is lame and having some sort of support up front should something bad happen would be nice as well (instead of smashing straight into my radiator and engine bay)

Old 01-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #18
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
bumper sag is lame and having some sort of support up front should something bad happen would be nice as well (instead of smashing straight into my radiator and engine bay)
Bash bars do not fix bumper sag unless they happen to fit the bumper perfectly. And in an actual collision it is just as likely that the bash bar will send the impact to the unibody and you will end up with a totaled car instead of just a damaged front end. Not to mention the S-chassis front ends are low and other vehicles always hit them at the headlight level anyway. On a street-driven car one is probably better off with the factory bumper support or nothing.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #19
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have been through a lot of bash bars. If you talk to me about these things, me being anal is an understatement.

I have probably spent around $1,000 on different bolt on bash bar solutions and the Street Faction bar is THE ONLY way to go. I am running a 180sx however with an Origin Streamline kit and a Greddy front mount. The Origin Streamline is a bit challenging to fit a bash bar in because of the center opening.

Try their bar, it should fit because of the up-swept mounting brackets.

I only just discovered their products maybe a month or so ago and went ahead with the purchase. I am one of those crazy enthusiasts who gives maximum shits.

I highly recommend their bars, i will be carrying them on our site as well. They are that legit.

I informed him to charge two or three times what they are charging now for the precision and quality of work that they put into their pieces, so i paid them more than they were asking.
om3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #20
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3ga View Post
I have been through a lot of bash bars. If you talk to me about these things, me being anal is an understatement.

I only just discovered their products maybe a month or so ago and went ahead with the purchase. I am one of those crazy enthusiasts who gives maximum shits.
good to hear there are other folks out there who are as anal as i am about clean and properly fitting parts (and making sure shit is done right)! my current 240 is a restoration project and NOT a track machine. it will be track/drifting capable when its done, but im more interested in cleaning the car up and returning it to its OEM appearing glory. i spend the time to things right on my car (instead of half assing them like i did in the past and fixing them later) hell it took me almost a year to hunt down perfect condition OEM door panels and a glove box cover to match my back seat (which was pulled from a 89 two tone coupe so it the weird maroon color) just because i wanted everything nice, clean, OEM and matching so it was done correctly!

point being is that i want something under my front bumper to help it with sag and give front support incase of an accident (regardless of what matej says, id rather have something there than nothing at all). im tired of bumper sag and would love for the front end of my car to look right again...stupid FMIC messing it all up lol

Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #21
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
oh lord, dorki has a new project.

good luck and let us know how it fits if you order one from street faction
Old 01-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #22
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyS14se View Post
oh lord, dorki has a new project.

good luck and let us know how it fits if you order one from street faction
i have a new project?

Old 01-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #23
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah making that bash bar fit with the aero bumper. I have been looking online dorki and i cannot find anyone that has a straight answer regarding fitment. soo idk.

IF you NEED a HUGE project i have a whole s14 shell i can ship to vegas so you can make some molds off of it and make some aero LOL!!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #24
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Um.

Why don't you just run the OEM bumper support?

No sag what-so-ever.

Bash bars were initially made for people who run aftermarket bumpers which do not fit with the OEM support.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #25
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

because fitting a FMIC behind a bumper support requires a lot of work to fit correctly from what ive seen over the years. its really never gotten any easier.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #26
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
...it still just requires a grinder wheel

Wont find many cookie cutter solutions for your custom needs.

Find a local Fab-oratory. Im sure they can meet your needs cheap and easily
Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #27
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
because fitting a FMIC behind a bumper support requires a lot of work to fit correctly from what ive seen over the years. its really never gotten any easier.
I guess it depends on your definition of easy...I didn't cut a bunch of material out of mine to make it work with my Aero bumper. If you've got an angle/die grinder with a cutting wheel, you can have it done in an afternoon and it doesn't involve hacking up the bumper support to where it's useless. And yes, I'm one of those meticulous a-holes so I understand where you're coming from.

My 240 was a street car, and I placed more value on the car having it's factory qualities intact. The only advantage to buying the bash bar is if you really do plan to put it to use someday on down the road, IMO.