Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-04-2021, 07:18 AM   #1
flexicant

Trader Rating: (0)
flexicant is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bumper braces?

So I?ve recently bought a navan front bumper for my car and it?s good condition and is poly bumper. I was able to get it on quite easily but there?s one problem. It flares out on the right hand side; doesn?t sag but seems to poke out which irks me every time I look at. I was wondering if any of y?all ever had bumper problems like this before and what was y?all solution to the problem. Is it possible to create a sort of bumper brace and drill at the bottom of the bumper and connect it to the fender sort of to pull in the flare to make it look better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flexicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2021, 08:46 AM   #2
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
could you post some pictures?
Old 08-04-2021, 09:43 AM   #3
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexicant View Post
So I?ve recently bought a navan front bumper for my car and it?s good condition and is poly bumper. I was able to get it on quite easily but there?s one problem. It flares out on the right hand side; doesn?t sag but seems to poke out which irks me every time I look at. I was wondering if any of y?all ever had bumper problems like this before and what was y?all solution to the problem. Is it possible to create a sort of bumper brace and drill at the bottom of the bumper and connect it to the fender sort of to pull in the flare to make it look better?

did you buy an OE ABS plastic Navan bumper? Or did you buy an aftermarket urethane Navan bumper? there is a rather large difference in the materials.

if aftermarket urethane, youre stuck. especially if that bumper got hot at some point and cooled down at a weird angle as urethane memory is very easy to change (which is a good and bad thing).

black urethane has a very low heat tolerance before deformation (roughly 130 degress). once deformed or stretched, the urethane is ruined as it has taken on new memory that really cannot be corrected easily (if at all).

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:06 PM   #4
flexicant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
did you buy an OE ABS plastic Navan bumper? Or did you buy an aftermarket urethane Navan bumper? there is a rather large difference in the materials.

if aftermarket urethane, youre stuck. especially if that bumper got hot at some point and cooled down at a weird angle as urethane memory is very easy to change (which is a good and bad thing).

black urethane has a very low heat tolerance before deformation (roughly 130 degress). once deformed or stretched, the urethane is ruined as it has taken on new memory that really cannot be corrected easily (if at all).

Yeah it?s an aftermarket poly, It?s the forcewerks one. I think I?ma just take my L. I really hope you start making navan front bumpers one day for the s14. You?re attention to detail is top notch man

Old 08-04-2021, 10:39 PM   #5
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
the forcewerks urethane replicas were plagued with the exact problem you are talking about... thats your issue.

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=542592 <---- old thread regarding forcewerks issue made in the very first post.

i suggest ditching it and if you want a urethane replica, go with a KBD bumper. at least they do their best to correct issues with fitment pre-molding via 3d software and 3d printing. just make sure you run a bumper support. either a bash bar with a pool noodle or an OE support otherwise it WILL sag.

i plan on doing a Navan front, but it will be in FRP. i have zero interest in making front bumpers in urethane ever again.

Old 08-04-2021, 11:15 PM   #6
flexicant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the forcewerks urethane replicas were plagued with the exact problem you are talking about... thats your issue.

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=542592 <---- old thread regarding forcewerks issue made in the very first post.

i suggest ditching it and if you want a urethane replica, go with a KBD bumper. at least they do their best to correct issues with fitment pre-molding via 3d software and 3d printing. just make sure you run a bumper support. either a bash bar with a pool noodle or an OE support otherwise it WILL sag.

i plan on doing a Navan front, but it will be in FRP. i have zero interest in making front bumpers in urethane ever again.

Do you have an idea when you?re gonna be releasing your navan front bumper I would be interested in it

Old 08-05-2021, 07:40 AM   #7
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexicant View Post
Do you have an idea when you?re gonna be releasing your navan front bumper I would be interested in it

no... im booked solid with S13 releases for the next year to year and a half.