Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #61
EmpyreS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
EmpyreS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^ PBM grip. they have a few different styles available
EmpyreS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #62
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Would look better with OEM shift boot.. and no kitten sock at the base of the lever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunt_masha View Post
heres the setup I had in my daily... CNC hydro

HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #63
Guilty1s
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Guilty1s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
not mounted yet, but its awesome as F***

Guilty1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #64
TTnickdizzle
Zilvia Member

TTnickdizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Heres my set up, I modified a K-sport hydro.

TTnickdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #65
TTnickdizzle
Zilvia Member

OK My dual caliper hydro ebrake set up still isnt working. The handle should have more than enough leverage, i put my old hawk hps pads on, and bleed a quart of fluid thru MC. I just dont know what else to try other than selling everything and going back to stock.

Is there anyone in the indand empire area that has a dual caliper set up to let me feel the responsivness of a working set up? Becuase i honestly dont believe its better than a stock drum brake assembely, and its either put more money into a new MC, Lines, pads or just give up on the whole thing.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #66
jasoncanseeoh
Zilvia Member

jasoncanseeoh is an unknown quantity at this point
FOR THOSE WITH A VERTICAL (Hydro) EBRAKE:

Do any of you guys have issues like me getting used to the setup?
I have a vertical installed and I'm so used to pulling my stock ebrake and it's horizontal position, my first instinct is to pull down there. We had a few sessions a while ago and whenever I had to pull the ebrake mid-drift, I automatically reached down there opposed to reaching for my hydro.

I understand it may just take some getting used to and whatnot, but it just feels so different compared to the stock one. Pulling back instead of pulling up is just odd and has such a different feel. I know I can just buy a horizontal one, etc. But, I already have this one welded in. I'm doing my best to get used to it, although I just wanted other's opinions.

So for those with a vertical, what did you do to get used to the setup? Was it weird for you at first too?

Any input is appreciated.
jasoncanseeoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #67
Biggamehit
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Biggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Biggamehit Send a message via MSN to Biggamehit Send a message via Yahoo to Biggamehit
wilwood master cly going back to my twin caliper setup.

Facebook: Pink Ranger Drift
Biggamehit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #68
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Whats the point of the twin calipers? Just keeping the two systems separate?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #69
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm999 View Post

stock location ftw
Does it have a lock? How do you park?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #70
Biggamehit
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Biggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enoughBiggamehit will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Biggamehit Send a message via MSN to Biggamehit Send a message via Yahoo to Biggamehit
Yes sir seperate and no interference. There are moments where the footbrake and handbrake are use at the same time or with in split seconds of each other. If at the same time... one or the other will be slightly canceled out weakening the signal.

I have driven with "tapped" setups and didn't like the dead feeling and driving here in D1 etc that split second is more than enough to lose a tight battle. The kit George provided is awesome,affordable and keeps everything true.

My ISIS handle has a small flip down lock built in, I just had to indent part of the chassis and it rest there and I can slap it around and it will not come undone.. but its highly dangerous to park a car using hydro. My car and most others with this are more track only. I do use the lock at the track when in the pits to lock the wheels for parking but I also use a wheel block as well.

Facebook: Pink Ranger Drift
Biggamehit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #71
TTnickdizzle
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncanseeoh View Post
FOR THOSE WITH A VERTICAL (Hydro) EBRAKE:

Do any of you guys have issues like me getting used to the setup?
I have a vertical installed and I'm so used to pulling my stock ebrake and it's horizontal position, my first instinct is to pull down there. We had a few sessions a while ago and whenever I had to pull the ebrake mid-drift, I automatically reached down there opposed to reaching for my hydro.

I understand it may just take some getting used to and whatnot, but it just feels so different compared to the stock one. Pulling back instead of pulling up is just odd and has such a different feel. I know I can just buy a horizontal one, etc. But, I already have this one welded in. I'm doing my best to get used to it, although I just wanted other's opinions.

So for those with a vertical, what did you do to get used to the setup? Was it weird for you at first too?

Any input is appreciated.

Yeah i feel the same way too. After training your brain for years to pull from the stock location, its going to take some time to train it to be comfortable pulling from somewhere new. I'd really like it to be put in the stock location just for looks but i wasnt producing enough leverage with my setup.

I do have an update from the last time i posted though. I found that i could get it to lock up after i really heated up my Hawk pads by driving around while slightly pulling on the handle. After i did this it would lock up pretty easy when inniating but still doesnt have enough power to lock it up in a straight line. I ordered some type C carbonetic pads which are supposed to have a really high coeffiecient of friction (0.65) at ambient temps where the hawks dont reach that friction level until they are hot. I also changed the MC mounting point on the handle to give me more leverage at the expense of having a slightly longer throw. I have to wait for the pads to come in and then i'll update this thread.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #72
Vicious Beaner!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (38)
Vicious Beaner! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
I know this is the " show me your hydro ebrake setup" thread but thought it'd make sense asking the question here. I will be running r33 calipers in the front of my s14 and want to upgrade the rears using z32 calipers, though i do not want to run the whole drum ebrake setup. I want to run dual caliper brackets along with 2 sets of z32 rear calipers. 1 set for the pedal and the other set for the hydro ebrake and also make it work as a parking brake. Any suggestion? and what type of hydros out there with built in locking mechanisms on the hydro to use when parked? Im sure people have done , but just want to know how well it works. Thanks in advance guys !
Vicious Beaner! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #73
EvoVIII808
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
EvoVIII808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvoVIII808 Send a message via Yahoo to EvoVIII808
Do. Not use the hydro as a full time ebrake. The pressure goes down overtime and eventually will not hold.Do the brake upgrade like normal for the rear1st z32 with mustang size rotors. for the 2nd you will need the bcm with built in res to hold and supply the fluid.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #74
Punished
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
Punished is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious Beaner! View Post
I know this is the " show me your hydro ebrake setup" thread but thought it'd make sense asking the question here. I will be running r33 calipers in the front of my s14 and want to upgrade the rears using z32 calipers, though i do not want to run the whole drum ebrake setup. I want to run dual caliper brackets along with 2 sets of z32 rear calipers. 1 set for the pedal and the other set for the hydro ebrake and also make it work as a parking brake. Any suggestion? and what type of hydros out there with built in locking mechanisms on the hydro to use when parked? Im sure people have done , but just want to know how well it works. Thanks in advance guys !
ASD or PBM for the hydro, need the one with a reservoir for the 2nd set of calipers.

Don't use the hydro as a parking brake. You will need to park in gear all the time and if on a decent hill throw a block behind the rear wheels. If you plan to DD this, I wouldn't recommend it.
Punished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #75
Breakbeat93
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Breakbeat93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This may not be the right thread for this question but oh well...
I'm looking to install my hydro and want to upgrade to z32 rears. I was planning to run it inline and mount it in the stock ebrake location (remove my stock ebrake). Being that I will have no use for the drum ebrake setup I was wondering if the z32 caliper/rotor will fit on stock s14 rear knuckles. Can I just remove my stock parts and bolt on the z32 stuff?

Yes I have searched and read a ton of threads on the topic and haven't been able to find the answer
Breakbeat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #76
Guilty1s
Zilvia Member

Guilty1s is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes they will fit on without the ebrake assembly.
Guilty1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #77
cone killer
Zilvia Member

cone killer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by domocress View Post
i was wondering how you set up your hydraulic ebrake?did you use a proportioning valve.. is there such thing as a one way check valve? i want to prevent from welding on another caliper. thanks for your help and if possible can i see pics of what you did
My s13 didnt come with the proportioning valve on the madster cyl but it was mounted on the pasnger side of the engine bay so I passed the lines through the fire wall and hooked the lines in front of the valve I didnt run my lines to the master cyl because I didnt want to run my lines next to the exhaust manifold

Last edited by cone killer; 02-01-2013 at 08:18 PM..
cone killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #78
TTnickdizzle
Zilvia Member

Just wanted to update this thread. I got my dual caliper setup finally working like butter. I got some carbonetic C spec pads and it made so much of a difference! Locks up my 18x10.5s super easy even in a straight line.