Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2021, 08:51 AM   #26
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Alright, budget minded tires? 200 Tread Wear

Looking for something streetable but will handle track well. Currently on NT05's now, happy with traction, but I've been chasing a front end shimmy that I cant sort out, and all I can figure on is the tires at this point.

Falken RT615K+ vs RT660? Any other options you guys like at same price point?

Since all I race on is 180-200tw tires per the rules of almost all grassroots/amateur endurance racing series, I have a pretty good take on this. Like any tire, it's always a sacrifice of grip and wear.

Want the best grip with lowest longevity: RE71R or Yoko A052. The A052 are now what teams with bigger wallets use and they seem to handle more heat/abuse without falling off vs the RE71. The A052's are also $$$.

Want the most longevity without sacrificing TOO much grip, it's impossible to beat the RS4. These things truly wear like iron. They will heat cycle out of grip before they wear and it's very apparent when it happens. Budget minded teams run these tires since a single set can be used for entire endurance racing weekend. They are also a spec tire in the most popular series on the west coast and pacific northwest.

Everything else is in between those. RT615k+, RT660, Dunlop Z3, Maxxis VR1, Cooper RS3R, etc. It is very difficult to beat the value of the RT615K+'s for the performance and longevity they offer. They can take a beating and come back to life and we love them for that reason. You're not going to set track records on them, but they aren't meant to do that either. The Dunlop Z3's are also very similar and feel a bit better, but the lap times are near identical and they cost more.

The RT660 are closer toward the RE71 spectrum.