Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
-***JOKER***-
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Red face A good Drift Day???

Ok guys i need some info...After taking sometime off in motorsports we decided to go back in and organise the events...I am sorry but it wont have any use to you guys as it is going to be in Turkey...We are doing a Drift Day in Istanbul almost each mounth, but this time we ll go and do it in capital city Ankara...We do have a large car park ready, with mobile tyre fitter...I dont think much people use it according to turn up and the participants levels we will remove the tyre fitter, and change the course layouts...Right now we are thinking 2-3 donut area (according to participants levels), 1-2 figure eight area, one 3rd and 2nd gear lap...except this we ll have a burger van thingy for food and drinks and we ll have a safe area for spectators....

MY QUESTION is WHAT IS A GOOD DRIFT DAY ORGANISATION for you?

i know for most people it is more important have their track time long and less traffic and large storage area and so and these are no problem for us we are not planing to get more then 30-50 cars in the event so track time is no problem...

what are the rules for the photographers? what are the rules for the participants? Is the track being dusty changes everything? i am asking this becouse last time there was a construction nearby and the track was really dusty...should we have an area where people who come can buy tshirts or so on or as the turn up is minimal at the moment keep it like this and wait till it grows?

except these what do you guys expect from the organisers? what we are missing?

All your ideas and thoughts are expected...please help us make a good event better!!!

here are some pics from our Istanbul Drift Day

^^^^you guys should know this car^^^

thanks for all the input!!!
-***JOKER***- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I want to drift in ISTANBUL!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
-***JOKER***-
Leaky Injector

-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known-***JOKER***- is making his/her stupidity well-known
come on and be my guest mate...we would be glad to see any one foreign to us coming to drift with us
Old 07-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
^ looks fun, no helmets? On transitions B Pillar hurts heads.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
-***JOKER***-
Leaky Injector

last time we asked for helmets we had only 7 people and other 44 of them asked us to rent one as we stated we will have COUPLE to rent and it was total failure...so for now NO helmets
Old 07-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
-***JOKER***-
Leaky Injector

i mean we suggest a helmet but it is not compulsory until we get all the organisation right...as we have some flows too, i mean i dont know what to do with the photographers for instance...they want closure to the action and i saw couple of them just jumping to run away from the nose of a car...thank god we didnt had any injuries or accidents until now but it doesnt mean it wont thats why i want to know little details
Old 07-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
You know what I like....

To you, over there in ISTANBUL, we Americans are foreigners.

thats cool.

usually, Americans think that everybody else in the world is foreign.

anywho....

1. I think that 30-50 cars is a fine number. THat isn't TOO many, and it sounds like you have enough room for everybody.

2. The mobile tire changer and food truck are GREAT.

3. Dusty track. Not too sure about this. I'm sure the dust will blow away eventually, yes?

KEEP HAVING FUN

sell T shirts to fans.
give ride-a-longs

Let the photographers shoot whereever they want, but just be SAFE
Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #8
Jeremiel
Leaky Injector

Jeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really nice
oh wow! drifting in Turkey; Marhaba!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #9
626 FC3S
Zilvia Junkie

626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute626 FC3S has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 626 FC3S
Wpw I Wanna Come Drift There Looks Fun As Hell Almost Like A T Spot Night Hahaa
Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #10
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiel View Post
Kev ha lek???
Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #11
darkevildrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
darkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to darkevildrifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by -***JOKER***- View Post
so for now NO helmets
dude you guys are fucking NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it .....
Old 07-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #12
Team Aero-K
Zilvia Junkie

Team Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant futureTeam Aero-K has a brilliant future
I can't step foot in Istanbul
Old 07-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #13
-***JOKER***-
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
You know what I like....

To you, over there in ISTANBUL, we Americans are foreigners.
thats cool.
usually, Americans think that everybody else in the world is foreign.
anywho....
lol i knew someone would say this...i learned all my english in Canada,Nanaimo i know how you guys think...

we are the same anyways

Quote:
1. I think that 30-50 cars is a fine number. THat isn't TOO many, and it sounds like you have enough room for everybody.

2. The mobile tire changer and food truck are GREAT.

3. Dusty track. Not too sure about this. I'm sure the dust will blow away eventually, yes?

KEEP HAVING FUN

sell T shirts to fans.
give ride-a-longs

Let the photographers shoot whereever they want, but just be SAFE
1- Got it
2- last 3 times no one used it i am getting under pressure by the guys as they are travelling for nothing...no one used the tyre fitter...
3-most places yes it blows away but it get more slippery until it blows away

Tshirts i am thinking about it too but i need arrangements from proper tshirt printers and so on maybe later...i might talk to drifting.com guys

Ride-alongs i thought about that too in UK it is 5 quid for 3 laps and 10 quid for 8 laps or something smillar in santa pod drift days but in here almost every spectator are the friends of spectators and i dont like the idea of charging them...

and before making money and everything we are trying to expand the sport in Turkey.and bring it to a limit where we can start our own competition...

And we are having fun mate thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiel View Post
Merhaba mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 626 FC3S View Post
Wpw I Wanna Come Drift There Looks Fun As Hell Almost Like A T Spot Night Hahaa
everyone is welcome!!! i even can arrange COUPLE of cars to rent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkevildrifter View Post
dude you guys are fucking NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it .....
not having the safety measure good enough is doing my head in as if anything goes wrong we cant make a drift day again and i dont want that to happen...

seriously tho what are the safety measures for photographers in USA in drift days??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Aero-K View Post
I can't step foot in Istanbul
what did you do?? i might help out!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
Brian
Post Whore!

If you want this to blossom into something, I think you are doing the right thing by still keeping it for fun rather than trying to make some quick money.
This is what USA did to drifting. We'll see where it ends up.

photographers - I don't know how insurance and lawsuits go over there, but over in USA everybody sues everybody for everything.

I've been at events in big parking lots where I stood 10 feet from the cars coming by to take pics.

The best bet is to have them stand behind some kind of concrete barrier if that is available. Other than that, make them sign something saying they won't have any rights if they do get hurt. I have seen those WRC events in Europe. Have them stand like that. HOT
Old 07-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #15
-***JOKER***-
Leaky Injector

Quote:
If you want this to blossom into something, I think you are doing the right thing by still keeping it for fun rather than trying to make some quick money.
This is what USA did to drifting. We'll see where it ends up.

photographers - I don't know how insurance and lawsuits go over there, but over in USA everybody sues everybody for everything.

I've been at events in big parking lots where I stood 10 feet from the cars coming by to take pics.

The best bet is to have them stand behind some kind of concrete barrier if that is available. Other than that, make them sign something saying they won't have any rights if they do get hurt. I have seen those WRC events in Europe. Have them stand like that. HOT
well mate i don't want to turn this into a where drifting going argument but in my honest opinion i don't want to see factory teams taking couple of drivers and competing and all other people who wants to join in this game stays away...i don't want to see cars specifically built for the competitions, of course they are good for the sport but i know one thing they wouldn't let me drive a F1 car and i don't want Drifting -proper drifting- to be like that...and i don't want to be illegal forever...so i believe it is better to keep it like this, but we will need a competition in 1-2 years so we can enlarge the sport itself...so competitions are important for us, not just now...

photographers now are wearing high vis jackets and that's all...and as i said they stand where ever they want and generally just leap out of the cars ways...concrete blocks are no no as the places are actually used for parking when we are not there...but i might think about getting them to sign a paper...

Last edited by -***JOKER***-; 07-16-2008 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: need to learn how to spell and use commas
Old 07-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #16
-***JOKER***-
Leaky Injector

do you guys have anything missing in your events...i mean are you saying that "i wish we had ...... .. . .. . .. ....... .. . ... .. . .. . in this event"

i feel like we are missing something besides ladies toilet in our events...thank god there is a petrol station very near for ladies
Old 07-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #17
Brian
Post Whore!

haha GIRLS

GIRLS
Old 07-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #18
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
You should contact Naoki at Drift Association for information.

[email protected]

Have fun.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #19
Jeremiel
Leaky Injector

Jeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really niceJeremiel is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
Kev ha lek???
kul ishi tamam. Alhamdulillah! wa inta?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #20
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Our best customer is from Turkey.

He owns like, whole pile of Supras.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #21
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Photographers.

Photographers are never allowed to sit like in that picture. They must stay standing while they are on the track. make some "media/photographer" areas, and tell them to stay within them.
if there are no barriers, make them place there own car there. that way they are protected by there vehicle. If they dont want to put there car there because it may get hit, then they shouldn't be at that spot.

Photographers must also wait for the runs to be over or for some sort of break before they go from spot to spot or exit the course. No running across between cars.

you are in charge, tell them the rules!! and if they dont like it or listen, fuck em, there out !! It only takes one accident to ruin everything that you and the other drifters have been trying to accomplish.

We dont sell anything at drift events. unless its a contest put on by Formula D or D1. At our drift events, we havee 20-50 drivers. A donut or 2, 1 or 2 figure 8's. and 1 or 2 3rd gear entry courses.
give as many ride alongs for free as you can. If you get more people excited about it, then they will buy cars and start drifting. and more and more people will be coming out.
Its not the circus or carnaval, dont charge for ride alongs. Also ask the better guys to ride along with the new guys and help instruct them, cause if the new guys enjoy it and feel they are learning, they will come back again.

If no one uses the tire changer, then dont bring them along.

food is good!

looks fun man, good luck
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #22
-***JOKER***-
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Photographers.

Photographers are never allowed to sit like in that picture. They must stay standing while they are on the track. make some "media/photographer" areas, and tell them to stay within them.
if there are no barriers, make them place there own car there. that way they are protected by there vehicle. If they dont want to put there car there because it may get hit, then they shouldn't be at that spot.

Photographers must also wait for the runs to be over or for some sort of break before they go from spot to spot or exit the course. No running across between cars.

you are in charge, tell them the rules!! and if they dont like it or listen, fuck em, there out !! It only takes one accident to ruin everything that you and the other drifters have been trying to accomplish.

We dont sell anything at drift events. unless its a contest put on by Formula D or D1. At our drift events, we havee 20-50 drivers. A donut or 2, 1 or 2 figure 8's. and 1 or 2 3rd gear entry courses.
give as many ride alongs for free as you can. If you get more people excited about it, then they will buy cars and start drifting. and more and more people will be coming out.
Its not the circus or carnaval, dont charge for ride alongs. Also ask the better guys to ride along with the new guys and help instruct them, cause if the new guys enjoy it and feel they are learning, they will come back again.

If no one uses the tire changer, then dont bring them along.

food is good!

looks fun man, good luck
hello mate first of all i dont know who you guys are (We dont sell anything at drift events)...sorry still new here...i said i dont want to charge them becouse i thought it was like that in USA as in UK it is like that they charge you but that money goes to drifters (I MIGHT BE MISTAKEN IF SO PLZ CORRECT ME) and they spend it on tyres as long as i know...so ride-a-longs are other kind of security nightmare for me...i keep thinking about if something happens to someone in the car...if they are scared and had an hearth attack--i mean it doesnt have to be an accident everything can give a bad name to what we are doing right now...as it is still seen as punks driving like a twat around here

About photo guys yeah those pics needs to be taken but their safety first, i cant risk it...i will find something for them as in right now we are not much organised...

thanks for all the info mate
Old 07-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #23
-***JOKER***-
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilcover
hey awesome to see drifting happening everywhere!!

i live in southern california and we have events about twice a month...ive been driving for about 5 years and compete in local competitions.

if theres any help you'd need, lemme know! i've always wanted to visit turkey..hahah.

do you guys run all the cars in one group? with just one course layout? what we have always done is have a basic course with a small straight, and 3 easy turns for intermediate or advanced drivers, and a small one turn course or a skidpad for donuts and figure eights so beginners can learn basics without creating long wait times in the more advanced course.

with enough cones and space, it should be easy to provide good track time for all levels of driver.

- John
I would like to answer John here so if there is any1 who would like to add i would be happy to hear them...

basically we had a one large area and loads but not really enough cones i mean more is better always...

what we had till about now is large open areas lots of them for people to donut figure 8 and so on...then we had one large track for anyone who feels brave...lol...the track layout always changed according to the guy who sets them on the day...generally we do have a large eightish figure with a long straight at the side so you initiate at the end of the straight then it is like figure eight where the first big half circle is fast and the start of the secound circle mid speed with the end of the secound circle slow and you are at the straight again...

generally 2 cars at a time but sometime it is 3 or 5 or all most everyone carnage style...

here is a single car on track vid:
[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6806867214985870068&hl=en[/ame]