Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-19-2020, 08:27 AM   #23101
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
Anyone?
umkayso

I have a stack cluster.

when removing the factory cluster, I just unplugged everything, left the oem plugs hanging. did not change any wiring. Alternator works fine. Stack reads voltage but TBH i'm not sure where it picks the signal up from. (91 s13 with redtop sr20 swap)

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2020, 08:35 AM   #23102
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
I received the message below last night from Yury at Wiring Specialties. So the verdict is, if bypassing your stock cluster bulb setup, you can wire the W/R wire to a 7.5A fused IGN source. If you have a factory Nissan motor or swap you need to run a 470ohm inline as well. JZ swaps can have that wire go straight to the fuse without any resistors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2020, 10:16 AM   #23103
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
I received the message below last night from Yury at Wiring Specialties. So the verdict is, if bypassing your stock cluster bulb setup, you can wire the W/R wire to a 7.5A fused IGN source. If you have a factory Nissan motor or swap you need to run a 470ohm inline as well. JZ swaps can have that wire go straight to the fuse without any resistors.

Their customer support is really top notch. Could've shrugged and tried to sell you a product instead.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:56 PM   #23104
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Yury is the best. He has always answered any questions I?ve had. Years ago we had issues with my friend?s swap and he had us call him on the phone. He was happy to step us through the issues we were having at the time. I swear we were on the phone for at least an hour; at like 9-10pm. His passion for good customer service might be greater than his passion for quality wiring.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:29 AM   #23105
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
So the verdict is, if bypassing your stock cluster bulb setup, you can wire the W/R wire to a 7.5A fused IGN source. If you have a factory Nissan motor or swap you need to run a 470ohm inline as well. JZ swaps can have that wire go straight to the fuse without any resistors.
Correct. The Nissan alternators will ground the charge indicator circuit before startup. Without the bulb (or resistor) in place, the 7.5A fuse would blow instantly. Nissan has a TSB explaining the operation of these 90s alternators. The charge indicator circuit can be bypassed by simply revving the engine to 2500rpm which is enough to excite the field coil. Several zilvians have reported their Nissan alternators charging without a functional charge indicator circuit or an initial rev to 2500 but this shouldn't be possible according to the technical information from Nissan. I'm guessing these atypical alternators are somehow pulling field coil current from the alt output or voltage sense circuit/wires instead.

The JZ alternators apparently don't ground the field coil circuit before startup. I have no idea how their charge indicator systems function.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:34 PM   #23106
Mister.E
Post Whore!

That?s wild man, thanks for the info. I had a basic understanding of the wire?s function, but that really clears up everything.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:14 PM   #23107
Zachary_Huff

Trader Rating: (0)
Zachary_Huff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am looking to buy a running KA24DE in Northern California, closer to Sacramento the better, phone number is 916 749 0138, give me a call or text if you got one, thanks
Zachary_Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:01 PM   #23108
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Need help finding a portable power bank to power tool that actually works. I need it to power my Milwaukee battery cut of wheel and saw so I can cut off body panels from wretch apart. example below. Looking for something I can buy local Lowes, Home Depot etc

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-P.../dp/B07Y2KDVGQ
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:54 PM   #23109
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
s13 Power Bank

Need help finding a portable power bank to power tool that actually works. I need it to power my Milwaukee battery cut of wheel and saw so I can cut off body panels from wretch apart. example below. Looking for something I can buy local Lowes, Home Depot etc

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-P.../dp/B07Y2KDVGQ
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:14 AM   #23110
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
Correct. The Nissan alternators will ground the charge indicator circuit before startup. Without the bulb (or resistor) in place, the 7.5A fuse would blow instantly. Nissan has a TSB explaining the operation of these 90s alternators. The charge indicator circuit can be bypassed by simply revving the engine to 2500rpm which is enough to excite the field coil. Several zilvians have reported their Nissan alternators charging without a functional charge indicator circuit or an initial rev to 2500 but this shouldn't be possible according to the technical information from Nissan.
this method has worked well enough for me!

Quote:
Old 04-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #23111
gio240sx

gio240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
where to find s14 weatherstripping ?!?

need to replace all my s14 weatherstripping, anyone know where i can get all of it or at least a majority of it?
gio240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #23112
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio240sx View Post
need to replace all my s14 weatherstripping, anyone know where i can get all of it or at least a majority of it?
https://www.nissanparts.cc/

Quote:
Old 04-01-2020, 02:15 PM   #23113
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
or www.z1motorsports.com can help as well

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:10 PM   #23114
S13ninety3

S13ninety3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey would anyone have any info or links to websites with good wiring diagrams for a 1993 sr20de?
S13ninety3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:52 PM   #23115
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13ninety3 View Post
Hey would anyone have any info or links to websites with good wiring diagrams for a 1993 sr20de?
FWD or RWD?

RWD s13 and s14 sr20 wiring differences are minimal in the 180sx/silvia. I cant speak to fwd variants.

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/us...-database.html
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #23116
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Guys I have a 2JZ S13 swap and I cant find/remember which one of these pins was for the wire coming off the alternator to charge the battery. I previously had it just stabbed in the right pin (lazy af) and it came out when i was pulling the engine so I need to wire it back in (the correct way this time) Please and thanks!

Old 04-02-2020, 10:02 AM   #23117
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Double Post - sorry
Old 04-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #23118
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Guys I have a 2JZ S13 swap and I cant find/remember which one of these pins was for the wire coming off the alternator to charge the battery. I previously had it just stabbed in the right pin (lazy af) and it came out when i was pulling the engine so I need to wire it back in (the correct way this time) Please and thanks!

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=384161&page=15

Wiring diagram link on bottom of pg 15
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:17 PM   #23119
RobbieSS

RobbieSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel pump issues

I bought a black top swapped 95 240sx se to work on as a project car and it didn't run when I bought it and when I tried to start it there was no fuel pump prime. So I put the battery in the back and installed a new fuel pump and it started up and even drove. Had low gas so I drove back and it shut off right before I got to my driveway so i chalked it up to no gas and went and got some and filled the car up. Wouldn't start again and no fuel pump prime again. Did I just fuck a brand new fuel pump by running it with no gas?
RobbieSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:02 PM   #23120
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieSS View Post
I bought a black top swapped 95 240sx se to work on as a project car and it didn't run when I bought it and when I tried to start it there was no fuel pump prime. So I put the battery in the back and installed a new fuel pump and it started up and even drove. Had low gas so I drove back and it shut off right before I got to my driveway so i chalked it up to no gas and went and got some and filled the car up. Wouldn't start again and no fuel pump prime again. Did I just fuck a brand new fuel pump by running it with no gas?
what fuel pump did you install? when i replaced my fuel pump on my s13 with a walbro 255, the fuel pump fuse kept getting blown. i would turn my car on, the fuse would blow after a short time, causing my car to shut off. to fix this i just put a slightly bigger fuse in and that fixed the problem. might be different for you but thought this would be a good place to start.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:29 PM   #23121
RobbieSS

RobbieSS is an unknown quantity at this point
I installed a Deatschwerks DW200, I checked my fuel pump fuse and replaced it and still no dice. a couple parts of my harness aren't getting power due to previous owner installing wrong could that also cause an issue?
RobbieSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #23122
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieSS View Post
I installed a Deatschwerks DW200, I checked my fuel pump fuse and replaced it and still no dice. a couple parts of my harness aren't getting power due to previous owner installing wrong could that also cause an issue?
that would probably be a good place to start
Old 04-04-2020, 01:06 AM   #23123
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

gotta replace a coolant hose under my intake manifold (ka24de). Was thinking of just removing the upper portion, but does anyone have any insight as to whether or not its easier to just take off the whole manifold as one?
Old 04-04-2020, 06:13 PM   #23124
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Okay so 180sx DCC question. Yes I read all 19 pages of the nico conversion thread. The unit has only one illumination input wire. Everything works, but the screen automatically dims when it receives illumination circuit power. It's fucking dark as shit and barely readable. Had anyone messed with the board on disabling the screen dim? It seems like there's no way do to it but I figure it's worth a shot asking.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10+ using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:32 PM   #23125
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhd View Post
gotta replace a coolant hose under my intake manifold (ka24de). Was thinking of just removing the upper portion, but does anyone have any insight as to whether or not its easier to just take off the whole manifold as one?

I?ve done it both ways removing just the top portion was faster for me. Only thing is you have to pull studs out in order to do so, if I can remember correctly they are the outer most studs that will prevent you from separating the top half. Once you remove them just replace them with bolts and your golden.

If you don?t know how to pull studs I?d recommend just removing the entire manifold of course it?s more work, but it?ll be better than to deal with broken / stripped studs.

S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:18 PM   #23126
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear mount radiator question.
So I’m still having trouble finding a >/=32” x 16” core radiator to fit both 16” Taurus fans with BOTH the inlet and outlet on passenger side. I’m probably going to compromise on that one and just make something work.
Mishimoto has a rad that might work, Be Cool has a few rads that’ll work. If any of you know someone who’d make a quality custom aluminum rad, I’d like to know.

The question is: I’m not sure what sheet metal to use for this. It’s basically a 45* angled box coming up from the back / cargo area / spare tire well.
Would 18 gauge stainless be sufficient? Will also consider aluminum. Would 16 gauge aluminum be sufficient?
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #23127
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
I?ve done it both ways removing just the top portion was faster for me. Only thing is you have to pull studs out in order to do so, if I can remember correctly they are the outer most studs that will prevent you from separating the top half. Once you remove them just replace them with bolts and your golden.

If you don?t know how to pull studs I?d recommend just removing the entire manifold of course it?s more work, but it?ll be better than to deal with broken / stripped studs.

cool thanks for the info! removing the studs shouldnt be a problem for me so i think i'll just remove the top half and replace the studs with bolts after.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:37 AM   #23128
w33dnhit

w33dnhit is an unknown quantity at this point
Where is this hose supposed to go ?

Hello, there is 1 ( or actually 2 ? ) hoses on the right side of the manifold ( right hand drive s13 with ca18det ) coming out of something and they are not connected.. where are they supposed to be inserted ?

https://imgur.com/U7iJDk1 , for some reason i cant upload a pic..

I just googled and found out it was a " POWER TRANSISTOR,IGNITION UNIT " hmmm.. then what are those hoses for ? sorry for very noob question :/

Bonus question: are your s13 brake pedal very, very hard once the engine is turned off? If not, do i have leakage in the brake booster ?

THANKS A TON for any replies !!!!!
w33dnhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:47 AM   #23129
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by w33dnhit View Post
Hello, there is 1 ( or actually 2 ? ) hoses on the right side of the manifold ( right hand drive s13 with ca18det ) coming out of something and they are not connected.. where are they supposed to be inserted ?

https://imgur.com/U7iJDk1 , for some reason i cant upload a pic..

I just googled and found out it was a " POWER TRANSISTOR,IGNITION UNIT " hmmm.. then what are those hoses for ? sorry for very noob question :/

Bonus question: are your s13 brake pedal very, very hard once the engine is turned off? If not, do i have leakage in the brake booster ?

THANKS A TON for any replies !!!!!
That looks pretty similar to the wastegate solenoid on the S14 cars. On the S14, it raises boost to 10psi, but on S13s I think they were just for response.
One side should be going into the intake, after the MAF, the other side should be routed in with the wastegate lines.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:50 AM   #23130
w33dnhit

w33dnhit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
That looks pretty similar to the wastegate solenoid on the S14 cars. On the S14, it raises boost to 10psi, but on S13s I think they were just for response.
One side should be going into the intake, after the MAF, the other side should be routed in with the wastegate lines.
ohhh can it be thats why my turbo isnt giving out any boost or anything ?? my turbo is like totally dead ...
w33dnhit is offline   Reply With Quote