Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-13-2019, 08:02 AM   #31
tuzzio
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'd still gladly pay $600 for a set of brand new OEM re-pop fenders (as long as they were as perfect as OEM)

Thats really not an unreasonable price. Hell, a few years back S13 pop up fenders from the dealer were just shy of $400 a piece. Look at nissanparts.cc, they're still selling tons of expensive OEM stuff. That brand new fuel pump hangar / sending unit they posted up as $400+. People are dropping 5-600 on new type x lights, and type x aero. Maybe its worth reaching out to them to see what they can get..

I / we understand that not everybody is after metal fenders, but I'd be willing to put my money on more people would own metal fenders if they were more readily available in new / great shape.

Also, J, you and I both know a ton of dudes that are in their 30's and still playing with 240's.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2019, 08:28 AM   #32
NashT

Trader Rating: (0)
NashT will become famous soon enoughNashT will become famous soon enoughNashT will become famous soon enoughNashT will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
[QUOTE=SupaDoopa;6346481]Gayest use of Tokyo Drift quote ever. Maybe you could have asked them what SSR stads for.

Haha yes!! I was hoping you would catch that shit! I think I love you for knowing that.

Again...no where on those wheels does it say "SSR" just Speed Star and some Japanese Writing. So not that it makes a difference im assuming my set was produced before Speed Star was bought out.
NashT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #33
dorkidori_s13
BAN HAMMER GO!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashT View Post
Again...no where on those wheels does it say "SSR" just Speed Star and some Japanese Writing. So not that it makes a difference im assuming my set was produced before Speed Star was bought out.
Just a heads up... SSR is Speed Star Racing and Speed Star Racing is SSR regardless of ownership. I believe Tanabe owns SSR now and nothings really changed. Still the same manufacturing methods and still made in Japan.

Bought something from me??? POST A REVIEW HERE!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:12 AM   #34
NashT

NashT will become famous soon enoughNashT will become famous soon enoughNashT will become famous soon enoughNashT will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Just a heads up... SSR is Speed Star Racing and Speed Star Racing is SSR regardless of ownership. I believe Tanabe owns SSR now and nothings really changed. Still the same manufacturing methods and still made in Japan.
Again my wheels do not say that.
They say: Speed Star Co.

So no I would not have pulled the acronym SSR for what clearly would have been SSC which is actually another Rim brand

Please look at the link to the post my friend made with pictures so we stop continuing to beat this dead horse 🐎
Old 06-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #35
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I'd still gladly pay $600 for a set of brand new OEM re-pop fenders (as long as they were as perfect as OEM)

Thats really not an unreasonable price. Hell, a few years back S13 pop up fenders from the dealer were just shy of $400 a piece. Look at nissanparts.cc, they're still selling tons of expensive OEM stuff. That brand new fuel pump hangar / sending unit they posted up as $400+. People are dropping 5-600 on new type x lights, and type x aero. Maybe its worth reaching out to them to see what they can get..

I / we understand that not everybody is after metal fenders, but I'd be willing to put my money on more people would own metal fenders if they were more readily available in new / great shape.

Also, J, you and I both know a ton of dudes that are in their 30's and still playing with 240's.
Steve, why can't you just kiss me like you used to? It's really sad that we don't intertwine our bodies like that anymore. We made art together; real art.

Quote:

So no I would not have pulled the acronym SSR for what clearly would have been SSC which is actually another Rim brand

Please look at the link to the post my friend made with pictures so we stop continuing to beat this dead horse 🐎
No one has to look at any links. Speed Star is a trademarked name and always will be. Again, we wouldn't be beating a dead horse if you'd be smart enough to make that conclusion when you Google'd it. If you even took the name your friend posted of the wheel and Google'd it, SSR comes up. SSR = Speed Star = Speed Star Co = sPeEd sTaR cO = 5p33d 574r c0 = whatever other jumble fuck of letters and synonyms you'd like to use.

Let's put this in terms you'll be able to understand. Toyota = Lexus = Scion. Call it what you want, they're the same fucking thing.

/thread
/mods delete
/mods ban OP
/are any mods even on this forum anymore
/wild steve is my soul mate
/wild steve is my mate
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #36
NashT

I googled it after posting on here, as mentioned previously.

You come off as a super bleak dude man, have you ever said anything without negativity embedded somewhere?

I did enjoy your ranting correlations though, made me laugh
Old 06-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #37
NashT

Also, no honestly I never knew what SSR standed for let alone was an acronym.

Remember the clothing brand FUBU? That was an acronym, but one with several different meanings depending on what ethnic group you asked.

And no I didnt ask one of the guys in my ratpack, as I said earlier, I should have just googled first.
And finally, I dont believe in a "dumb" question in a simple sense, if someone doesnt know so.ething they should ask, otherwise they would stay dumb without growing with new knowledge.

So have I really asked any dumb questions? Or should I just have reframed from reaching out to guys in the import scene to ask a question about a wheel Id never heard of, or just used google?
Old 06-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #38
dorkidori_s13
BAN HAMMER GO!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:

wasnt jumping your shit man... just passing along info is all i really dont bust peoples balls anymore. theres no point. id rather share information freely and help educate someone than make them feel bad for simple ignorance.

Bought something from me??? POST A REVIEW HERE!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #39
NashT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
wasnt jumping your shit man... just passing along info is all i really dont bust peoples balls anymore. theres no point. id rather share information freely and help educate someone than make them feel bad for simple ignorance.
Nah Dorki my troll was towards Supa, i appreciate your educated replys Dorki.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:48 PM   #40
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the roughSupaDoopa is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Why do I come off negative? Because there is well over two decades of information on this forum. Two decades. That's twenty years... and that's just one forum. Making threads and then Googling AFTER isn't how this works. You're lucky it's me here and now versus this forum a couple years ago in it's peak and I had moderation power when I was more active myself. You would have been savagely destroyed and then IP banned leaving you to venture to a different forum like NICO where the same result would happen. Use this as a Zilvia lesson or even for any forum in the future before they become so antiquated that they no longer exist. There is literally a disclosure when you make an account that says SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST. I think there is a whole array of emoji's because we deal with this on a daily basis. I don't like to be a douche and I'm actually quite the opposite in person but when you see this type of stuff for the nearly 10 years I've been here, it gets old. It gets really old.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote