Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
abern

Trader Rating: (0)
abern is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR SR20DET valve cover fitting question

Was wondering what the T hose fittings proper name was and where I could buy one.
abern is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2019, 03:31 AM   #2
DrSpank
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
DrSpank is on the path to ruinDrSpank is on the path to ruinDrSpank is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bump for the same question! I need baffles or something in mine so it quits pulling oil out!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
DrSpank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:14 AM   #3
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

jdm_land is an unknown quantity at this point
Have y’all looked in the FSM? Should say it in there. And I hope your not planning on ordering that part from Nissan. I’d bet they haven’t made them in years.
jdm_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:15 AM   #4
jdm_land
Leaky Injector

jdm_land is an unknown quantity at this point
I have valve covers with that part for sale. LMK
jdm_land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:36 AM   #5
DrSpank
Zilvia Member

DrSpank is on the path to ruinDrSpank is on the path to ruinDrSpank is on the path to ruin
Yeah, dont need the whole valve cover unless it is the one with the baffles inside.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:22 AM   #6
abern

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_land View Post
I have valve covers with that part for sale. LMK
You selling just the T or valve covers with the T?
Old 02-18-2019, 07:32 AM   #7
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I recently looked into this as well but it didn't look like you could purchase only the T fitting- just a complete valve cover (which is discontinued.) I may be wrong but haven't been able to find a lookup code or part number for only the T fitting in any of the schematics.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:48 AM   #8
abern

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I recently looked into this as well but it didn't look like you could purchase only the T fitting- just a complete valve cover (which is discontinued.) I may be wrong but haven't been able to find a lookup code or part number for only the T fitting in any of the schematics.
Do you know if the T piece is capable of being removed from one valve cover and placed in another?
Old 02-18-2019, 08:13 AM   #9
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by abern View Post
Do you know if the T piece is capable of being removed from one valve cover and placed in another?
Yes, it can be removed. The SR20 I just recently bought did not have the T fitting. A friend had a spare valve cover as a wall decoration and I was able to remove it and install it in mine.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #10
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpank View Post
Bump for the same question! I need baffles or something in mine so it quits pulling oil out!
Quote:
Yeah, dont need the whole valve cover unless it is the one with the baffles inside.
Have you had a read through the oil catch/blowby thread? Lots of great info in there.
The fitting itself does not have any baffling. There is a little restrictor pressed into the middle of the rear hose between that fitting and the factory catch can. If you don't have the original hose then i'd bet you also don't have that restrictor in the hose.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #11
DrSpank
Zilvia Member

No I dont have the original host but I do have the catch can

Old 02-20-2019, 08:19 AM   #12
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
There is a little restrictor pressed into the middle of the rear hose between that fitting and the factory catch can. If you don't have the original hose then i'd bet you also don't have that restrictor in the hose.
I didn't realize this- good info! I just picked up all of the factory hoses for the catch can recently. I'll have to look at it more closely.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 02-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #13
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I didn't realize this- good info! I just picked up all of the factory hoses for the catch can recently. I'll have to look at it more closely.
Yeah its actually in the hose that is on the right side from the air oil separator. So you will ALSO need the black square canister coming off the block breather... So you would need both those original pieces to really work. Else stuff is just going to blow through that hose all day.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #14
DrSpank
Zilvia Member

So why do I see so many SR engine bays without that original can? Not being an ass...asking a legit question because I have the can still just not the hoses and I cant find them to purchase anywhere...so I'm curious as to if I TRULY need it.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:05 PM   #15
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Abeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So why do I see so many SR engine bays without that original can? Not being an ass...asking a legit question because I have the can still just not the hoses and I cant find them to purchase anywhere...so I'm curious as to if I TRULY need it.

People remove it to install tubular manifolds.

The oil catch/blowby thread will answer your question. If you remove the can without thinking about how the system works, then you'll have to deal with excess blowby/oil vapors/vac leak from the PCV side

edit: power steering return hoses can be used to create the lines... I bought some bulk line and cut it to fit, along with auto parts store PCV 90 degree fittings.

The disk in the posts below are a flame arrester (in case the crankcase vapors get ignited).

Last edited by Abeo; 02-20-2019 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: more info
Abeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #16
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
TBH i always kept the stock catch can with my s13 valvecover and i never had any noticeable blowby on that engine in the 8 years I owned it.

It's not well documented and difficult to find pics online of it, but yes about mid-way in that hose between the T and the stock can there should be a plastic disc that acts as a baffle of some sort and its pressed into the original hose. Of course by now a lot of engines might not have that original hose anymore due to wear and tear etc. I'll check if I have mine still when I get home if I can remember. I think I replaced the hose but also reinstalled the restrictor in the new hose.

EDIT: My fault I was mistaken, the OEM restrictor/baffle is located in the forward hose to the T fitting.
Shown in this FSM diagram as part: 11826H

I know RHDJapan lists the hose itself, Item 11828N Part# 11823-52F00 but i'm not certain if it comes with 11826H pre-installed or not, and they do not show it on their parts list for some reason, and I can't find a Nissan Part # for it.
Item 2: https://www.rhdjapan.com/oemrequestl...catid/588/?p=1.
Highly recommend to keep that restrictor if changing out that house for different routing like for an aftermarket catch can, etc.

I could have swore the rear hose on my sr also had that baffle in it, but I might be mistaken.

Last edited by TheRealSy90; 02-20-2019 at 12:49 PM..
Old 02-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #17
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

My fault, I was looking under the SR20DE parts on RHDJapan. I switched over to the DET parts list, and
they DO list the part as "ORIFICE-AIR HOSE", Part# 14889-D4201 Item: 11826H.
10th item down: https://www.rhdjapan.com/oemrequestl.../subcatid/588/

Curiously there is no picture online of the part itself lol.

It's even shown in the forward hose for the S14/15 engine as well.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #18
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Same here in my redtop it was definitely in the back hose not in the front one between the T and the Intake. Weird.

Even its pictured and noted that it is between the T and the air oil separator

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=235851&page=4
Old 02-22-2019, 08:07 AM   #19
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
tap/thread it and put an AN fitting on there, it can attach to a hose or more fittings and make a T to accomplish pretty much the same thing...i used a restrctor from one of the ebay catch cans i bought years ago as i didn't have the original hose either
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:31 AM   #20
DrSpank
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
tap/thread it and put an AN fitting on there, it can attach to a hose or more fittings and make a T to accomplish pretty much the same thing...i used a restrctor from one of the ebay catch cans i bought years ago as i didn't have the original hose either
Teach me the way Jedi! Pics and parts list would be awesome! Feel free to message me direct as well!

Old 02-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #21
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Teach me the way Jedi! Pics and parts list would be awesome! Feel free to message me direct as well!

Don't even need to do that. There are press-in fittings for the SR, but they're all in Australia from what I've seen. I'm not 100% positive that the Nubis fitting Raw Brokerage sells is the same diameter (16.15mm).I'd say get a hold of them but they were super unhelpful when trying to figure out a replacement oil filter stud on my GReddy relocation block.

Its a 3/4" NPT to tap it and get a fitting that fits.....just don't crank on it when you tighten.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #22
DrSpank
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
Don't even need to do that. There are press-in fittings for the SR, but they're all in Australia from what I've seen. I'm not 100% positive that the Nubis fitting Raw Brokerage sells is the same diameter (16.15mm).I'd say get a hold of them but they were super unhelpful when trying to figure out a replacement oil filter stud on my GReddy relocation block.

Its a 3/4" NPT to tap it and get a fitting that fits.....just don't crank on it when you tighten.
Right right...I get that part. My confusion is how the setup should truly be...like how the lines are run and what not. Do I actually need a T? Can I just run from the block into can and vc into can? Then can to atmo?

Old 02-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #23
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Abeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Read
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=235851
Abeo is offline   Reply With Quote