Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #91
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Wow a brand new aero bumper. Just wow
jorge1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #92
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
very pretty AC lines . do you link they will get heat soak?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #93
hanson02

Trader Rating: (5)
hanson02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbozx View Post
After sitting like this for the last four years, I started following Pstl_Pete's modified magazine articles and then also found Broadfield's build thread here on Zilvia and got the desire and inspiration to rebuild the car and start enjoying it again. The reason it had sat there for so long, was due to many things in life, but the smog and registration issues every year became too much of an issue to deal with. Pstl_Pete showed an easy way to get a hassle free smog legal solution, so I started gathering info and parts a few months ago.

Untitled by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Here is the how my S13 looked before it went into its 4 year hibernation.

13 by gnakata2007, on Flickr

4 by gnakata2007, on Flickr

DSCN0052 by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Thank goodness the lift still worked as I installed the lift, put the S13 on it and raised it and did not touch it till this day

SR on its way to my buddy's house to get installed in his Datsun 510.

Nice to see the light of day after 4 years.

Ive always loved this S13!!! What Rim/Tire Sizes/Offsets do you have ? Its perfect.
hanson02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #94
taeisbeast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
taeisbeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Im not sure if anyone asked, but my connection sucks here in the sandbox, but please share your info on your lift in your garage, i plan to the same.

Thank you.
taeisbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #95
Tank_4g63

Tank_4g63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice looking build. I love ls1 swaps in lightweight rwd cars like this.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #96
k240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
k240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hey man ,this is Kenny here !didnt know you have a build thread here !!
Always want a LS3 smog free 240sx since I got one of your SR20 S13!!
Because we don't have to deal the smog in cal if we have this kit and done it right ...
Always want to follow how's ur 240sx going when I meet u at johns shop ,I always wish u can finish it ASAP ,because I know I want to see it in person at johns
Never meet a Nissan Guy like you and take care every cars that u own(of course inculding the one I got from u !!)
Hope one day we can take some nice pictures for our cars together ....
Can't wait to see two sliver nissan cars park side by side hehe

Btw , even my car still in process and almost done in few weeks larer ...u make me have a idea to make a build thread for my car also !!

Best luck to you !!and hope the A/C can work perfact as u plan !!!!
k240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:57 PM   #97
ddr_geo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
ddr_geo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
3 years late but i just happened to stumble upon this thread. this thing ever get finished? loved the progress so far.
ddr_geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:36 AM   #98
TSL
Leaky Injector

TSL is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess since the build was inspired by Broadfield he also decided to part it out before it was finished.
TSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:42 AM   #99
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSL View Post
I guess since the build was inspired by Broadfield he also decided to part it out before it was finished.
Ouch....

But all of the good builds on here all go the same way. The for sale thread....

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:51 AM   #100
TSL
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblesh85 View Post
But all of the good builds on here all go the same way. The for sale thread....
Here is what usually happens.

1) You are young and want a car with every mod possible done to it. You buy a $5k car and start buying parts, blow all your money and realise you can't afford to do what you imagine in your head. Then you either part it out or drive around in a half finished piece of shit telling everyone you aint care.

2) You are old enough and in a position in life to modify a car the way you imagined when you were young. You blow all your money and realise you have a family and responsibilities and spending $50k on a $5k car is stupid unless you are a manchild still trying to impress 18yr olds. Then you part it out and go buy a new $50k sports car that has a warranty and is better in every way and less embarrassing than driving a shitbox 25yr old car.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:10 AM   #101
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:

1) You are young and want a car with every mod possible done to it. You buy a $5k car and start buying parts, blow all your money and realise you can't afford to do what you imagine in your head. Then you either part it out or drive around in a half finished piece of shit telling everyone you aint care.

2) You are old enough and in a position in life to modify a car the way you imagined when you were young. You blow all your money and realise you have a family and responsibilities and spending $50k on a $5k car is stupid unless you are a manchild still trying to impress 18yr olds. Then you part it out and go buy a new $50k sports car that has a warranty and is better in every way and less embarrassing than driving a shitbox 25yr old car.

Sheeeeesh.....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #102
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:

OR you go out and buy a Z06 or GTR for $60K, still impress the 18yr olds but now fall into the midlife crisis crowd where they ask you to attend wine tasting and swinger parties.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:34 AM   #103
Rovch

Rovch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
OR you go out and buy a Z06 or GTR for $60K, still impress the 18yr olds but now fall into the midlife crisis crowd where they ask you to attend wine tasting and swinger parties.
I like wine tasting.
Rovch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:18 AM   #104
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:

I disagree, but that's just me. You don't build a car because you want to make it better than some car that's 10,15,20 years newer. You build it because you want to make it your own.

I'm 31, I make 100k a year plus, my 93 coupe is hardly a shit box in ANY WAY, and I can't care less about some 18 year old kids approval or not. I simply like my car because I do. That's the only reason someone needs to build something.

And if you really need to sell your 25year old "shit box" to be able to afford to have a kid or buy a house... Well you need to re think your life.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:23 AM   #105
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:
And if you really need to sell your 25year old "shit box" to be able to afford to have a kid or buy a house... Well you need to re think your life.
Umm ppl do this 24/7 C'monSON....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:34 AM   #106
TSL
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I make 100k a year plus
Haha check out this insecure guy. Comes out swinging his paycheck around because some random idiot on the internet made a broad generalisation.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:15 AM   #107
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:

Bought > Built
Old 02-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #108
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

Turbozx is an unknown quantity at this point
Well after 6 years since my last progress post, I am back at it. A marriage, a newborn and a house move put things on hold, but I am pushing to get my 240 back on the road this summer. I had to enlist the help of some friends, but will get this going again. We just mocked one of the most challenging tasks of getting the exhaust/cats routed between the frame and through the steering rack.

passsteeringrack by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Passengersidecat by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Driversidecat by gnakata2007, on Flickr

That's all for now, but I am excited to be moving forward again.

Glenn
Old 02-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #109
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like the shot with the TIG! And i know how taxing the major life changes can be. Hope to see some more updates soon.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:24 PM   #110
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
So much work to be smog legal...sheesh.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:45 PM   #111
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

A little update.

Here is the driver side exhaust with cat
driversidecatattached by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Here is the passenger side
passengersidecatattached by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Here are some heat shields on the frame rails right above where the cats sit.

catheatshields by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Here is how it looks with the engine in the car with the exhaust and cats
bottomviewfromfront by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Passengersidecatsideview by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Driversidecatsideview by gnakata2007, on Flickr

Here is the Sikky relocation shift on the T56 Magnum tranny. This positions the shifter exactly in the correct position as the Magnum tranny is 4 inches shorter than the standard T56 tranny
siikkyrelocationshifter by gnakata2007, on Flickr
Old 02-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #112
Benfica7
Leaky Injector

Benfica7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Subscribed
Benfica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:27 AM   #113
UJCD

UJCD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
was about to post this. But i was happily surprised!
UJCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:07 AM   #114
SR20PWRALTY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
SR20PWRALTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Could have used some smaller cats that are cali legal. Didn't Pete go with smaller cats?

Great build! Wish my car looked this clean.
SR20PWRALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:46 AM   #115
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Wowy this build is of great quality, keep the updates coming.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:10 AM   #116
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Super excited to see you back at it- thanks for sharing the updates! Still crazy jealous of that brand new Silvia aero bumper.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #117
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Worlds best build thread resurrection because it didn't end up in a part out! Awesome, I missed this build the first time around so nice to see you back at it.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:18 AM   #118
obscene
Leaky Injector

obscene is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats on being able to stick with the build during so many life events. that's not easy at all.
obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #119
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20PWRALTY View Post
Could have used some smaller cats that are cali legal. Didn't Pete go with smaller cats?

Great build! Wish my car looked this clean.
These are the same cats that Pete used as they are part of the GM E-Rod CARB approved crate engine package. In order to pass CARB we have to install all the parts from the engine package, which includes the very valuable CARB exemption sticker.

Just a side note that my friend bought Pete's car and was able to get it smogged using the charcoal canister from my stock E-Rod engine package. My friend eventually sold Pete's car to someone in Hawaii. I got the charcoal canister back so I can get smogged as well when I finish this build.

Last edited by Turbozx; 02-28-2019 at 09:15 PM..
Turbozx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:23 PM   #120
s1421
Zilvia Addict

s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Nice! Im doing same swap for my Zenki. Thinking of doing a build thread too.
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote