Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #91
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ROGUE_RB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The front mounts are pretty much same as rear, there is a pic on the first page just used the 2x3 and braced everything
ROGUE_RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #92
Daz-E
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Daz-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Do you have underneath pics or different angle pics ? You are using a S14 right ?
Daz-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:56 PM   #93
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

I don't have any underneath shots atm. If you check out project steezee he is another local guy and is going pretty much the same route, but using skyline subframe.. mounting points are basically identical and yes using s14 sub
Old 02-03-2015, 07:37 PM   #94
Daz-E
Leaky Injector

Thanks man ! I'm supposed to pick up a subframe tomorrow. It just seems like the answer my turbo LS/t56 swap. More diff/axle/brake choices, plus I think will handle better. I can't wait.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #95
R3VO 3VOM

R3VO 3VOM is an unknown quantity at this point
Interested in some more pictures of how you did that subframe as well.
I have a '76 with RB20 (soon to be V8) and a '77 (will be getting the RB20); I'll probably swap the V8 out for a turbo LS1 down the road, so easier diff options with the ability to eliminate the weak stub axles would be nice. Either way awesome build!
R3VO 3VOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #96
Daz-E
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VO 3VOM View Post
Interested in some more pictures of how you did that subframe as well.
I have a '76 with RB20 (soon to be V8) and a '77 (will be getting the RB20); I'll probably swap the V8 out for a turbo LS1 down the road, so easier diff options with the ability to eliminate the weak stub axles would be nice. Either way awesome build!
I'm doing the swap pretty much for the same reasons you are and don't forget the brake options too. Just Google the projects OP referred me to(Steezee & Project: SR-71, make a s30 drift like a s13).
Old 07-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #97
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

some teaser shots.. the car has been progressing quite well. probably the most it has in the last 5 months since buying it 5 years ago.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

The car is pretty much ready to fire up minus exhaust and a power fc d jetro.. anybody has one they wanna sell hit me up.

brake lines run and bleeding tomorrow, wirings pretty much there just some odds and ends. initially since getting the new garage ready i had set a deadline for july 1st.. we have now past that so the new dead line is this fall, hopefully this fall... lol
Old 07-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #98
Toykoz32
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Toykoz32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What are your plans to power the ECU? Ign switch-relay-ecu?
Toykoz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #99
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

It will wired in pretty much the same as it was factory. I am just using and aftermarket kit to wire the complete car and then adding ecu powers and relays where needed.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #100
tommyZ

tommyZ is an unknown quantity at this point
super clean, currently looking for an s30
tommyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #101
garcia.johnathan.s

garcia.johnathan.s is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny.jpn View Post
Looks like I have a long way to go! LOL

looking great man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

If you remember, how
Much did you pay for your s30?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
garcia.johnathan.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:56 AM   #102
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Glad to see becoming a father hasn't slowed you down on this build!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:25 PM   #103
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

WARNING PIC HEAVY LOL..Build update… its been a while and pics will reflect that, but non the less there has been constant progress on the datsun.

I have enclosed the large hole in the rear where my spare tire once use to go. This covers the fuel cell and provides a mounting area. I am also trying to utilize the factory fuel door instead of having to lifting the hatch to fill the tank.

I have completely stripped smoothed and finished all areas of the underbody/engine bay. POR-15 was first laid in the engine bay then scuffed and factory silver then sprayed. Underbody is still POR-15 as it’s somewhat durable and has a nice finish. As for the interior the floor was coated then prepped and bed liner used to give a textured look and some grip.

Made a few little pieces along the way.. Custom flip switch/din panel, fuel pump/ filter mount, custom outer tie rods with heims- little longer than stock but not by much. Also had a custom driveshaft made locally to connect the rb25 trans to s14 diff.

Custom pedal/master mount and gas pedal to adapt to s14 throttle cable

last image shows the remote reservoirs mounted under the inspecton panel. I wanted to run a race style pedal setup mainly to keep the heat away from the brake fluid. Running 3” exhaust turbo back and turbo sitting close to the factory booster/master setup just didn’t sit well with me.

Body work has begun.. Took a break from it leading up to the birth of my son and haven’t gotten back to it as of yet, but I will be soon. I stripped both doors and the drivers side was fairly decent just needs a patch at the bottom. As for the passenger door it had 3 layers of paint on top of 1/4” of bondo, previous owner didn’t like to pop dents out I guess..

This little guy arrived in the mail the other day, other parts are slowly rolling in as well.

Progress continues
Old 01-14-2016, 03:35 PM   #104
brianglawson
Nissanaholic!

brianglawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to brianglawson Send a message via AIM to brianglawson Send a message via Yahoo to brianglawson
Subbed!!

I keep thinking about alternate Dash options for my 1972 240Z... I LOVE the original dash, but hate the thought of paying $1000 and shipping it to Australia to be refinished.... I thought about a 350z dash, since it would be keeping a similar style... but detest the materials... but it does have that double din opening behind the door up top to hide OEM z controls in!!!! a 3000GT dash would look fairly proper, and offers good DIN sized holes to mount OEM controls... An S15 Dash would look pretty good and be close in size... but RHD.....

in the end... I'm thinking a Honda S2000 dash would be cool. I love how they are absolutely plain, with EVERY function within the Fingertips of the driver while the hands are on the steering wheel....
Old 05-20-2016, 08:44 PM   #105
Daz-E
Leaky Injector

Are there any updates ?
Old 06-30-2016, 11:30 AM   #106
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

Little update

Lately i've been honing my tig and pie cutting abilities. Built the entire exhaust system and originally was just going to run straight pipe, but ended up finding a good deal on a new hks hi power muffler. The muffler is hanging about 1-2" too low in the rear view pic but that just requires a hanger adjustment. Built the upper rad pipe now I just need to find some little pieces of rad hose to join it all together. Also spent a little time brainstorming ways to tie the ecu, relays and secondary fuse box all together. This was a progress pic of the layout and i can't seem to find the completed pic, but it gives you the general idea of what i was going for.

Since owning this car I've been on the search for "the right seat" being 6.5 and a small car options can be limited and I refuse to run the original for a driver's seat. I had bride's which looked awesome but just didn't fit. Sold both of those then switched to my spg rep welding chair.. good seat but tight. Now I've moved on to a kirkey and this I suppose is the seat.. fits nice, not the exact one I wanted but does the trick and price was right.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-15-2016, 07:03 PM   #107
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

Apparently I lost all of the pics... Delete thread it's pointless without them
Old 12-15-2018, 11:41 PM   #108
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

Let’s try and revive an old thread ��

Those wondering where the build has been lurking, I have mainly kept it up to date on Instagram @ROGUE_RB.
So I’ve been busy, the car is pretty much done and we are rounding almost 9 years of ownership. Can you say fml for having this much dedication to 1 project.. but I like to see a vision completed! That being said here is a little unleash of photos. If the photos don’t work somebody help me out haha

Engine bay pic in its semi- current state

Exhaust was done as straight stock 3" stainless. pie cuts and tig welded by myself.. pretty much have 11 hours or so into this exhaust

New shop acquired as the single car home job just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Little fan shroud action built out of 20 gauge aluminum. I ended up basically making a break for the bends out of scrap material and vice grips lol. I may or may not keep this one, I've since thought up a new design with some added strength and tig welding.

Paint holy shit eh! I honestly did not think this was ever going to happen.

Dash updates as well. I've steered away from the stock s13 cluster and surround and found a fairly cheap but effective race dash that has all of the required parameters that I need to run.

Seats are a never ending issue. I am 6'4 and now have had 5 different seats in the car over the years. Likely the Kirkey in the picture will go as it is more suited for a drag seat (older 36 series) and I've acquired a gently used 47 series road race intermediate from a buddy. His second 47 series is still in the works of obtaining. Prior to this I purchased a set of bride bios low max- brand new.. but the shoulder harness holes ended up being too low for my comfort and safety.

Last edited by ROGUE_RB; 12-16-2018 at 06:23 AM..
Old 04-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #109
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
DUDE. at first I was super annoyed that none of the photos work, but the LAST post made it worth it. this thing looks awesome! I like that you used an s13 dash too, fits nicely

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:00 AM   #110
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thread does not disappoint. Looks awesome silver.
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:45 PM   #111
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

Update! Car has been tuned and predicted power goals have been met. Wanted to be in the 400whp club. Surpassed that at 417. The car needs wider/better fitment wheels and tires, but overall very fun to drive!
@rogue_rb on Instagram Video and photo proof haha. sorry I didn’t post to here just wanted to give an update to those that still follow.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:53 PM   #112
adicarlo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
adicarlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Was Instagram even I thing when I started following this thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adicarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:32 PM   #113
ROGUE_RB