Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #1501
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i havent been ragging on this car. i like this car. what i said was, theres no reason for it to be the main topic of discussion as if its an on-going build thread when things arent being built. thats what i said.

if i said anything negative about this car, its about it being similar to kurruptr's car.. which again, its just joking around.. nothing serious.

you're 19.. i dont know how many years youve been around these cars but i have been around them for a very very long time. it takes more than bolt on parts to get my sack tingling and my jimmy jumping. bottom line, you dont hear me complaining in the toby broadfield thread............................. other than LS-swap aspect of it. (grin)
I respect that, it just came off to me as disrespect to me. I havent been around here long enough to know everyones personality :P (Zilvia noob FTW!)

Ive been around 240s for no more then a couple of years, if you were to mention all generations of RX7s and MR2s, then I feel I would be alot more 'guru' like/compitent. Just getting into a scene thats already play-ed out (Not drifting, just 240s).

Back on topic, no more thread robbing.
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #1502
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
fuck drifting
Yes. Yesss.

How I do love some cut off wheel action.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #1503
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
i havent been ragging on this car. i like this car. what i said was, theres no reason for it to be the main topic of discussion as if its an on-going build thread when things arent being built. thats what i said.

if i said anything negative about this car, its about it being similar to kurruptr's car.. which again, its just joking around.. nothing serious

no one wants to see you slide the car. but jeez, even jay leno does a burn-out in almost all his videos. unless there's a cop hiding in every bush in michigan, find a back-road and give it some stick.

its just like when im driving on the freeway and i see a sportscar putting along in the slow lane... im not saying everyone should be speed-racer on the streets, but this isnt the rose parade either. people like seeing these cars driven. hit the canyons, strap a camera somewhere and hang your balls out a bit.
I enjoy this post, lol. I guess I exaggerated a bit in my post about not wanting to do anything "illegal." Don't get me wrong, I bury the speedo most mornings getting onto I-96 to head to work. Sure, I'll goose it in the left turn around some nights and kick the back end out a little when I am heading to the house. I think I even posted a lame picture of a burnout I did on a back road when I installed my 2-way:

I also managed to make it out to the drag strip last year- despite my terrible driving skills, I did pull off a 12.9 @ 114.

I guess all I am trying to say is the car gets driven a lot- and even abused once in a while. Only posting photos of it parked probably gives off the impression that I never drive it or enjoy it to its full potential- I'll have to get a video together for you guys sometime this summer.

In other news, my car was too low to get on the "race" alignment rack. The shop was kind enough to purchase some 1"x6" boards and we are going to take another crack at it next week.

Damon

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-31-2017 at 07:50 AM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #1504
kraven9
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
kraven9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've been following your build from the start. IMHO..I couldn't give two sh!ts if you put a ton of parts and don't track or "drift" it. You built it up to where YOU want it to be and I like it.

To the naysayers or whatever...not every moddified 240 has to be used and abused.
kraven9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #1505
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Damon, I'm the same way when it comes to the whole "anti-drift" outlook with these cars. I would never drift a car that I am clearly building as a streetable daily driver. If you want to drift, you build a drift car. Simple as that.

However, when I finalize my build I plan on hitting up various tracks and putting down some lap times. I suggest you do so as well!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #1506
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
cool street car bro.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #1507
srstan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
srstan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
In other news, my car was too low to get on the "race" alignment rack. The shop was kind enough to purchase some 1"x6" boards and we are going to take another crack at it next week.

Damon
hahahahaha i had the same problem. getting alignments on slammed 240's is a bitch
Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #1508
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Coolest picture posted in this thread!
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #1509
holybushoffire
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
holybushoffire has a brilliant futureholybushoffire has a brilliant futureholybushoffire has a brilliant futureholybushoffire has a brilliant futureholybushoffire has a brilliant futureholybushoffire has a brilliant futureholybushoffire has a brilliant futureholybushoffire has a brilliant futureholybushoffire has a brilliant futureholybushoffire has a brilliant futureholybushoffire has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to holybushoffire
I must have missed it, but how long did it take you to flare the fenders?

"some guys have a better relationship with their car than their wife haha. sad but true."

SECRET SOCIETY
holybushoffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #1510
cjmirabal1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cjmirabal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
AMAZZZZINNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

alot of inspiration for my black hatch!!!!
cjmirabal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #1511
WacingWandy's240

WacingWandy's240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheels look super sweet.

But I have to be the first to ask....

What's next!?
WacingWandy's240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:09 AM   #1512
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by holybushoffire View Post
I must have missed it, but how long did it take you to flare the fenders?
I did it in an afternoon... probably 2 or 3 hours? I did the roll/pull about two and a half years ago, so I don't remember for sure. It shouldn't be too bad though if you take your time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmirabal1 View Post
AMAZZZZINNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

alot of inspiration for my black hatch!!!!
haha, thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WacingWandy's240 View Post
What's next!?
haha, I can't say there is a ton left to do. I do have some cool stuff arriving next week, including something that I have been looking for for a very long time. Pretty minor stuff though!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #1513
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

OK, so minor update. I managed to make it to a meet this weekend for the first time in a while, so that was fun. It was the first time taking Tomei in the car- needless to say, the interior was completely trashed- so I spent most of the afternoon on Sunday vacuuming all of his fur out of the car.

My Cusco rear strut brace showed up late last week, so I tossed that on the car this weekend:

My wife and I took the car out to dinner on Monday, so I we snapped a few pics while we were out. I'd like to spend some time actually editing these at some point, but I just haven't had the time so far this week.

And lastly, my wife recorded some videos of me driving up and down the street, LOL. Obviously they are really boring and whatnot, but think of them as a teaser- I'll try to get one of the car actually doing a rip or something when Kyle is down here in about a week with his Go-Pro. I'm new to the whole You Tube thing, but here is my channel:

YouTube - ‪camryonbronze's Channel‬‏

So that's about it for now.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #1514
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Haha, "Hey what size tire is that?" sounds good, looking forward to something over 2K rpm, needs Miracle Cross Bar
Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #1515
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
Haha, "Hey what size tire is that?" sounds good, looking forward to something over 2K rpm, needs Miracle Cross Bar
I have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #1516
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
As do I, Cusco is cool too, but MXB is the bees knees
Old 06-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #1517
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Pretty sure Damon has been traveling the world for the last year trying to track one down. Shaking people down in dark alleys trying to get them to sell him one.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #1518
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
^I got mine from a friend that drives an Integra. They actually pop up on Honda forums quite often and S13 hatch/DC2 Integra use the same mounting points.

Quote:
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #1519
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I'd heard that, but never from anyone specifically I guess? So until this point I wasn't going to throw down 4 bills for something that the word on the street says fits the S13 Hatch. Now I'll keep an eye on Honda-Tech for one probably. Seems like they go a bit cheaper over there anyway. And sites like JDMland (ICB) still have them I think?
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #1520
**Adam**

**Adam** is an unknown quantity at this point
Such a clean hatch!
**Adam** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #1521
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

When I actually have desire to work on my car, I'll let you know.

Too hot lol.

Quote:

<3
Quote:
Old 06-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #1522
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Pretty sure Damon has been traveling the world for the last year trying to track one down. Shaking people down in dark alleys trying to get them to sell him one.
lol, basically. I can't believe I finally found one- especially for the price I did. Can't wait until it shows up...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #1523
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, and I'm sure you already know but your 3rd brake light doesn't work.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #1524
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
Junyan #1

Clearcorners #2
how did i miss this post. i totally agree
Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #1525
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I am REALLY contemplating getting some Volks for my car after seeing those photos. Im debating on those or the new ADVAN TCIII's.

I still think silver was the best choice you could have made on for the color combo!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #1526
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn the car sounds awesome too. UNLEASH THE BEAST!
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #1527
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, and I'm sure you already know but your 3rd brake light doesn't work.
lol, I noticed that too. I fixed it last night- had some jenky wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstl_pete View Post
I am REALLY contemplating getting some Volks for my car after seeing those photos. Im debating on those or the new ADVAN TCIII's.

I still think silver was the best choice you could have made on for the color combo!
Thanks PT! I am happy with the color, too. You should score some for sure, haha. The new Advans would look really nice too though! Maybe you can get another set of wheels/tires for cruising and use the Enkeis for the track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNTi View Post
Damn the car sounds awesome too. UNLEASH THE BEAST!
lol thanks man! I really love how the car sounds- I'll have to do more videos soon.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #1528
corry29
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
corry29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to corry29
Hey is there room in the backseats
if you put a roll cage on, won't the backseats be of no use as it won't have room for people to sit? So why not just take out the backseats and put a seat cover to save like 20lbs? or something?
corry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #1529
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

You won't notice any performance difference with or with out backseat, other than noise differences. Plus roll cage and full interior is for bosses only.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #1530
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corry29 View Post
Hey is there room in the backseats
if you put a roll cage on, won't the backseats be of no use as it won't have room for people to sit? So why not just take out the backseats and put a seat cover to save like 20lbs? or something?
The back seats weigh like 2 lbs homie.

Quote:

<3
Quote: