Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #1471
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The new wheels look great!!
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #1472
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
i am excite
Old 05-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #1473
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
come on damon........ i expect more from you. what is this, lets talk about my wheels thread? if you're going to keep this thread active, do something besides change wheels. all i see here are a bunch of sackriders:

"oh, i wish i had that lip.. his car is so jay-dee-emm"
"i wish i had those wheels, so clean and ballerific"
"oh damn, that cusco part.. so rare"

stop impressing the 12 year olds and lets see some work being done to that car. parking your car on the side of the street and taking photos of it does not warrant its own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanP2192 View Post
Very nice build man. i haven't been on zilvia much, but i been keepin up with your build and its my first post and i figured id post up what im workin with. i hope to one day get it up to where your at.[/URL]
pssssssssssssssst..............

no one cares
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #1474
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
cool man. and what should i not do? cas idk what i did to piss him off
Don't post your stuff in someone else's build thread. It's rude.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #1475
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
lol shit i really to go one these threads and be nice. fuck you guys. yours gunna tell me not to post my car here cas it aint my thread? go back some pages and youll see other cars. so dont fuckin tell me not to post my shit. i dont get why everybody on these forums is a fuckin cock sucker.
19 years old..... CHECK!
18 posts.... CHECK!
New user douche bag stepping over the line.... CHECK!

But seriously man, it's another man's build thread. It's hard enough to keep these types of threads clean.... let alone when someone posts up "their" build in the OP's thread. Just apologize, edit your post with the pics and everybody will be cool with you.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #1476
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
lol shit i really to go one these threads and be nice. fuck you guys. yours gunna tell me not to post my car here cas it aint my thread? go back some pages and youll see other cars. so dont fuckin tell me not to post my shit. i dont get why everybody on these forums is a fuckin cock sucker.
Damn your English is bad bro.

On topic though, love your taste it mods man. Car looks fucking awesome. Def love the rims and the color of them it like sets the entire car off.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #1477
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

WTF?! Go back to school please
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #1478
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
hahahahahhahaa

this response really made my day. totally awesome.

since you're a n00b, i'll help break it down for you. what you did is essentially a jocking thread-jack. its like "hey buddy, love your car.. wanna see my car (probably not)... well check it out anyway because i'm gonna SHOW YOU my car! BAM"

bottom line, if you want to post in this thread, you need to suck damons balls like the rest of the kiddies that have:
a) no job
b) live at home
c) idolize someone for buying parts that take months to arrive from " JAPAN "

i like damon. i like his car. i just think this thread needs more actual, physical work to qualify as a "build thread"

ps: if you're still confused as to why most people on this forum are "cock suckers" its because, well... they like to suck cock. i hope that was a simple answer for you. oh.. and honestly, i 100% wholeheartedly agree with you.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #1479
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
They definately look really good on your car man, I wasn't feeling the color choice like a few other in this thread but the pictutes did some justice. Beat the hell out of the normal zbronze and White wheels on Black Type-X Hatches.
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #1480
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i like damon. i like his car. i just think this thread needs more actual, physical work to qualify as a "build thread"
While I will agree that anyone can slap parts on a car given the proper amount of money, you still have to admit the car looks pretty good..... it really just needs a complete paint job to step it up to the next level. And who's to say what level he's even trying to achieve... only Damon knows that for sure. Now when you say "physical" work, I can only assume you mean creating/fabricating some of his own stuff!?! First of all, not many people can do that. However, he does work hard for his money to buy the parts that he does put on there. So no matter how you look at it, he is working hard to make the car look the way it looks. Like I have always said in this thread: Damon is not claiming to re-invent the wheel here.... he's just making the car look the way he wants it to look. If people want to ride his nuts because he dropped coin on some nice wheels then so be it.

You know Mike, I think you need to move to Illinois so we can hang out and think deep thoughts together. I mean, we have the perfect weather here..... for hell that is. Kyle always comes up to the shop and we make fun of Zilvia for an hour each day. What could be more fun than that!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #1481
ixfxi
Post Whore!

I'll come visit, as long as the strip clubs are good

and yep, i'm exactly referring to the lack of custom parts on this car. its like

"i ordered cusco parts. parts are going to take forever to arrive. parts are scheduled to arrive. here is a pic of my car waiting for parts to arrive. here is cell phone pick of parts. here are high-res pics of parts. parts are installed, thanks."

anyone can order parts. build something for chrissake. then when youre done building, drive your car and post some criticism or feedback.

like i said, i like this car.. but lately this thread has been a stroke-fest, its basically another kouki s13 aero thread. you dont have to go to the track, but drive the car.. lets see some video, something. lay some pipe and lets get some action in here.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #1482
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
+1, been waiting on action shots since I started following this thread. Obviously it goes without saying the car is nice, but fuck I would love to see this thing come cooking into a turn at 60 then flick sideways, or at least a burnout Damon, I'll take what I can get.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #1483
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
TE's are nice. But i think to emotions looked better.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #1484
Ratpack_Chad
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Ratpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ +1 personally i dont really like the TE's on the car. But as long as you like them thats all that matters.
Ratpack_Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #1485
SlideOrDie831
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
SlideOrDie831 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile

XT7's FTW!
SlideOrDie831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #1486
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
+100000 For footage of this thing moving. I don't care if it's drifting, doing burn outs, all out speed pulls or anything else...I just want to see it drive. Even if it's the drive to work on a sunny day. Some quality in car and 3rd person footage would be greatly appreciated!
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #1487
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Woah, I haven't been on here all weekend.

I'll start by saying I appreciate the constructive criticism and positive feedback. I really like the TEs a lot, but I have to say that they are just about dead even with the CR Kais for me- I really liked those a lot, I just wish they had been a brighter silver. I wouldn't rule out me owning another set someday, though.

Mike- I totally understand and can appreciate what you are saying. I had not updated the thread (aside from responding to comments or questions) in a few weeks until my TEs arrived for that very reason- I had not done any noteworthy work to the car. I think that wheels change the look of a car more than any other single modification, so I felt that receiving and installing the wheels that took me five months and a lot of work to purchase was justified. If the mods feel that this build thread should be closed, then so be it- but this is merely a way for me to justify changes to my car and to have a detailed record to look back on as the car changes.

As for custom work, while I truly don't posses the skills to complete most custom work, there is another reason that I don't have much done to my car that is "custom-" I don't like most of those types of projects. While I think it is totally awesome that someone can build side mirrors or a center console out of sheet aluminum, or install a 350Z dash into an S13, it just isn't what I want my car to be. I have a HUGE amount of respect for those people and their work. The parts I have chosen and installed are exactly what I want for my car- that's why I bought them instead of creating something myself.

As for the video/action bit, I'll see what I can get together for you guys. I don't have any way to capture video aside from my wife's crappy point and shoot, but I can have her film me driving up and down the street or something this week if that is something you guys want to see, haha. I'd love to have video of the car as well, so maybe that is something I can look into. I can assure you that the car is driven- I put 7,000 miles or so on it between August and November last fall alone. Sure, it doesn't see drift events, but I honestly have no desire to take the car I have been pouring so much into for the last two a half years out to an event and back it into the fence my first go at it- as awesome as I think drifting is, that just isn't for me.

And lastly, I honestly can't tell you why my car has the following it has. I love it a lot more now than when I got it, but it's still the same old rat ride to me for the most part. I have found that one of the few reasons people seem to have a beef with me is because of all of the "nutswingers" I have amassed over the years. I never built my car for "fame" or to please other people- I can't control how kids react to it. Do I think it is cool sometimes that so many people comment on and enjoy the car? Of course. Did I ask for that, or set out to get the attention? Absolutely not. I get bummed out when people judge my personality and character because of the way other people react to my car.

Whew. If anyone actually reads that, you get a cookie. lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #1488
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
I think it is time for me to post up these pictures again- I think they sort of show that I have invested more into this car than money. While it may not be chocked full of custom work, I have invested a great deal of my time and hard work into this car. I barely knew how to change my oil when I got this thing- the car has never been worked on by a shop since I bought it in November 2008. I have learned everything as I went along with the help of the internet and some great friends. Personally, I think that says a lot more than dropping $50k on parts and having a shop install all of them in one fell swoop. I have no problem with people doing that, but I would hate to be classified as one of those builds:

The only modification left from the previous owner is the bottom end of the engine/head.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #1489
INVSBL
Leaky Injector

INVSBL is an unknown quantity at this point
wheres my cookie damnit.

you should be proud of your car. its epicly clean and well built!

shit, its the reason why got cr kais lol.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #1490
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
If anyone actually reads that, you get a cookie. lol.
I'll take a small pack of chocolate chip cookies the next time we go to Menards.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #1491
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INVSBL View Post
you should be proud of your car. its epicly clean and well built!

shit, its the reason why got cr kais lol.
this car is not epicly anything. its nice, yes. epic? no. to me, the sillbeer car is epicly clean. for the time, russ's blue s14 was epicly clean. this is just clean.

damon, im not trying to talk down and talk shit to you.. because i think its a good car. im just nitpicking the fact at how customary it is nowadays for people to just buy parts and slap them on a car. ALL of the US magazines are guilty for this nonsense, if you look at the mod list its a complete advertisement for all the companies who've built parts for said car.

i dont have any beef with your car being on the front of chat, makes no difference to me.. better than seeing some shit-laden 240.

ps: i liked the cr kais better. theyre some of the prettiest wheels out there, though a gunmetal would have looked better (either wheel). though the silver isnt bad, matches with the lights and what not.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #1492
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I appreciate it man- I totally get where you are coming from. Magazine features used to really annoy me when I had my Solara, because they all seemed to be about Evos and the like with a ton of super nice parts bolted to them. It sort of felt like all you had to do to be in a magazine was have a lot of money- it didn't really matter how the car looked or was executed. Being unique didn't really count for much- it was about having the right parts on the right car.

I'll be the first to agree with you that this car is far from epicly clean- hell, it's got the factory paint in most spots. Like Toby mentioned, the car could REALLY benefit from a paint job- it's a ten footer at best in real life for sure. Is it fairly clean for a 240 in this day and age? Yes. But is it Silbeer clean or new Ferrari clean? Of course not!

The Kais were for sure a different look. I wouldn't rule out owning another set someday- probably in WMB. Would love to see those on the car. I like gunmetal on some cars, but I think the contrast of the bright silver with the black is nice- I guess I wouldn't want it to feel too washed out.

Let me know when you make that trip to Illinois to see Tob- I'll cruise down too and join the Zilvia nit-pick-fest. Hell, you guys can mock my car in person. lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #1493
SlideOrDie831
Zilvia Member

SlideOrDie831 is an unknown quantity at this point
true on mag covers. i got sick of reading them because all they did was cover track cars witch was a waist. i like seeing more street cars that are built by normal people. only mag that keeps it real was honda tuning witch i know a lot of you don't care for.
SlideOrDie831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #1494
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
this car is not epicly anything. its nice, yes. epic? no. to me, the sillbeer car is epicly clean. for the time, russ's blue s14 was epicly clean. this is just clean.

damon, im not trying to talk down and talk shit to you.. because i think its a good car. im just nitpicking the fact at how customary it is nowadays for people to just buy parts and slap them on a car. ALL of the US magazines are guilty for this nonsense, if you look at the mod list its a complete advertisement for all the companies who've built parts for said car.

i dont have any beef with your car being on the front of chat, makes no difference to me.. better than seeing some shit-laden 240.

ps: i liked the cr kais better. theyre some of the prettiest wheels out there, though a gunmetal would have looked better (either wheel). though the silver isnt bad, matches with the lights and what not.
Damn dude, the past few pages you've just been ragging on this car. Im not trying to start something, but why post so much stuff in this thread ifs its going to be so negitive. I understand its a build thread and your just voicing your opinion, but will one post of your opinions suffice?

I agree with you, this car is just "off-the-shelf" parts, but its one of the nicer 240s here on the forums at the moment. US Magizines DO suck, people do like to swing off this cars nuts. But hell, I like it. Its tasteful and decently clean.

Action shots are a must though, and I dont mean cruizing down the boulevard at 40mph...I want to see these parts in action.

Atleast your trying to be respectful about it, and I can understand what your trying to get at.
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #1495
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
Goodlord, Kouki + popped sunroof is good style!
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #1496
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganNastyMachine View Post
Action shots are a must though, and I dont mean cruizing down the boulevard at 40mph...I want to see these parts in action.
Unfortunately, my car does not see the kind of "action" that everyone here wants to see, because I don't drift. I think drifting is awesome and I have developed an interest in it, but I don't see thrashing this car any time soon. At the same time, I'm not going to post a video of me driving my car like a moron on public roads. We all like to mess around and have fun from time to time, but I feel a little old to be out making videos of my car making skids around town. No disrespect to people who do it, but I've never been much of a rule breaker/badass I guess. lol.

The car does exactly what I built it to do- drive. I can't say that it would not be awesome to see this car drifting, but it's just not me.

On a more relevant note:
I am taking the car in for an alignment after work. Hopefully there are no issues getting it on the rack or anything.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #1497
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Did you get clearcorners.com lights yet?
Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #1498
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganNastyMachine View Post
Damn dude, the past few pages you've just been ragging on this car.
i havent been ragging on this car. i like this car. what i said was, theres no reason for it to be the main topic of discussion as if its an on-going build thread when things arent being built. thats what i said.

if i said anything negative about this car, its about it being similar to kurruptr's car.. which again, its just joking around.. nothing serious.

you're 19.. i dont know how many years youve been around these cars but i have been around them for a very very long time. it takes more than bolt on parts to get my sack tingling and my jimmy jumping. bottom line, you dont hear me complaining in the toby broadfield thread............................. other than LS-swap aspect of it. (grin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Unfortunately, my car does not see the kind of "action" that everyone here wants to see, because I don't drift.
fuck drifting

thats all bullshit. no one wants to see you slide the car. but jeez, even jay leno does a burn-out in almost all his videos. unless there's a cop hiding in every bush in michigan, find a back-road and give it some stick.

its just like when im driving on the freeway and i see a sportscar putting along in the slow lane... im not saying everyone should be speed-racer on the streets, but this isnt the rose parade either. people like seeing these cars driven. hit the canyons, strap a camera somewhere and hang your balls out a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Did you get clearcorners.com lights yet?
suckit brian
Old 05-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #1499
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
How come?

Your lights are #1.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #1500
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Junyan #1

Clearcorners #2
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote