Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Tires?
Mickey's 20 71.43%
BFG's 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
BFG or Mickey tompson drag slicks ?

hey guys,

My buddy is using his 240 for drag racing, and is having trouble deciding which slicks to go with, BFG or Mickey tompson.

he wants to know which would be best or hear opinions from people that have used them so can you post up your expeirnce with said tires and yay or nay to them and why ?

thanks in advance
Big Zee.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where is the poll?

And..... MT FTW! I dont even know if BFG makes drag slicks and for sizing, 26x9+. I have 26x10 MT ET Drags, on Weld draglites.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
^ im a poll newb on Zilvia, when I created the post I couldnt find the option to create a poll
Old 12-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #4
Nismoknightska-t
Premium Member

Location: Azusa, socal baby! why do i live this way?? it must be the money!
Trader Rating: (3)
Nismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfectionNismoknightska-t is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nismoknightska-t
Mickey tompson!!!

i had the bfg and they suck!!
Nismokights on http://www.youtube.com/user/NismoKnights
Old 12-18-2007, 12:13 AM   #5
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Mickeys ftw.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
mayco_86
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
mayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismoknightska-t View Post
Mickey tompson!!!

i had the bfg and they suck!!
Mickey's are the sh*t. I would definately recommend them over BFG.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mickey Thompson no doubt.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Mickeys are Sticky.

But, I do like the BFG DOT DR better. But you want a Slick so I say MT.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #9
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

what were the cons of the BFG compared to the MT's ?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
sr20boostn20
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20boostn20
I am currently running a 26x8.5x15 M/T drag

best 60ft yet of a 1.51

i like em
Old 12-19-2007, 07:51 AM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
what were the cons of the BFG compared to the MT's ?
BFG lasts longer but is not as sticky as MT.
BFG's DOT has been better on the street and in rain. MT just came out with a new DOT to defeat this and it looks cool. But I dunno anyone that was tried it.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #12
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
If we are talking radials...

BFGs Comp TA better at the track

MT better on the street

everytime.

I miss my BFGs.

Im going back in summer.

if we are talking "Street Slicks"

then M and H takes the cake, (not sure if they make them anymore)

then MT
Old 01-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
does he plan on competitive in a specific class? if so might want to check and see whats allowed, i have heard nopi series dont allow MT due to the fact that bfg is a cosponsor
Old 01-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #14
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
can't go wrong with Mickey's
Closed Thread