Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
KA Oil Return Line

KA....

got a greddy turbo kit and im using the provided feed line. which is really small.

got my own return line. braided 5/8inch with full 5/8 AN fittings. which is waay bigger than the feed.

here's where i tapped into the pan.

i had to put it here because i used a compression fitting(cant weld). with compression fittings, there's a nut inside the pan. this was the only place i could put it otherwise, it would hit the thing around the crank. inside the pan, i cut the tab that is right there, so its not blocking the incoming oil.

i want to know if its too low, because now it is draining into the oil thats already in the pan, which could (i just thought about this) back up the oil and blow the turbo.

but, the oil pump is really close to the fitting i tapped in. and, my return line is (way more huger) a lot bigger than the feed line. so i figured there cant be that much oil going in, yet i have a huge line going out.

will this still back up the oil? even though the return line is really big?

also, the one that greddy provides is waay small. they provide a 5/8 heater hose from the turbo, then downsizes to a 3/8 before entering the pan. wouldnt this back up the oil more?

did i mess up? relocate?

thanks
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Temple240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Temple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would relocate it. It won't be able to drain properly there. If you do a search on here you should be able to find a pic of where it should be located.
Temple240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
yea you essentially want the drain to be the highest point of the oil pan.
louisdaboois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
KA....

got a greddy turbo kit and im using the provided feed line. which is really small.

got my own return line. braided 5/8inch with full 5/8 AN fittings. which is waay bigger than the feed.

here's where i tapped into the pan.

i had to put it here because i used a compression fitting(cant weld). with compression fittings, there's a nut inside the pan. this was the only place i could put it otherwise, it would hit the thing around the crank. inside the pan, i cut the tab that is right there, so its not blocking the incoming oil.

i want to know if its too low, because now it is draining into the oil thats already in the pan, which could (i just thought about this) back up the oil and blow the turbo.

but, the oil pump is really close to the fitting i tapped in. and, my return line is (way more huger) a lot bigger than the feed line. so i figured there cant be that much oil going in, yet i have a huge line going out.

will this still back up the oil? even though the return line is really big?

also, the one that greddy provides is waay small. they provide a 5/8 heater hose from the turbo, then downsizes to a 3/8 before entering the pan. wouldnt this back up the oil more?

did i mess up? relocate?

thanks
This is a good example of where not to tap your oil return drain, sorry.....you need to move it much higher than that or just like what you described happening will happen reguardless of how big yoru return line is.

This is how a taped mine, this is absolutely the best and highest point you can tap the KA24DE oil pan.

UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^That's exactly where mine is.^

Not only will the oil back up a little by being so low, the oil coming out of the turbo can sometimes be frothy from heat/compression, causing the pickup to suck up an air pocket. That would not be a good thing.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
thanks guys. ill move it.

fuck.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote