Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
Thicc.s13

Trader Rating: (0)
Thicc.s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brakes and Clutch going out simultaneously?

I replaced my brake pads and master cylinder a couple months ago, and just replaced my clutch with an ACT about a month ago. I drove below 3-4k rpm for the first 500 miles (I'm well over 500 now), and everything was fine until yesterday. My clutch started going soft and falling down out of nowhere while driving, then went back to normal about half an hour later. This morning I woke up to find my clutch completely to the floor. Not only that, but my brakes are starting to stiffen up too. as in even if I slam on the brakes I still roll to a stop. It feels like the brake pedal is stopping short of how far I can normally press down. I was wondering if theres anything that can affect both the brakes and clutch like this? I'm going to bleed the lines when I get off work tonight but I figured I'd ask now just in case
Thicc.s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2017, 10:26 AM   #2
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
No, they're two separate systems.

Sounds like your slave cylinder died.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
Thicc.s13

Trader Rating: (0)
Thicc.s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
No, they're two separate systems.

Sounds like your slave cylinder died.
Just replaced slave along with clutch, was an oem slave too. Could it have just been a bad slave? also forgot to mention clutch comes up for a while when I pump it, then will randomly go back down. Makes me think I might just have some air in both lines..
Thicc.s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:32 AM   #4
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Yeah, bleed the clutch and see where you get. Still sounds like something has failed in the hydraulics, and if you're using parts-store master/slave they've been known to die prematurely.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote