Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-01-2019, 04:14 AM   #691
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Oh Sorry misread. I have an ORC, not OSGiken....

Ogura only change is just the TOB and not the carrier, but I used the carrier that was supplied anyways.... But yeah a little different
Yeah, for some reason the recommended carrier for the OsGiken twin isn't supplied by OsGiken anymore, nor available I believe. However there is an OEM Nissan carrier that is the same dimension as the one they used to offer. I believe it was from a Nissan truck of some sort. Don't have the specific part numbers on hand anymore but I found everything I needed with some online sleuthing, and cross referencing of discontinued part numbers to stuff available now.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2019, 09:12 AM   #692
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
For anyone who cares about my saga.......

SR pivot ball (long)
SR shift fork
SR TOB and TOB sleeve (24mm)

RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:47 AM   #693
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
It’s very easy to calculate, first you need a bigger carrier thing where the bearing goes to. They cost like 25 bucks ,
Old 02-03-2019, 09:57 AM   #694
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Just heard back from Mazworx. It seems the longer pivot ball is for the 300ZX. Which would make sense as the shorter 04+ 350Z pivot ball (which seems to be similar length to the SR) with the SR shift fork and TOB fits correct.

So in essence, I have the pivot ball lenghts mixed up
Old 02-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #695
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yea the 300zx is wayy longer than the sr20. I have both thinking it was a nice upgrade but wayy too long. Glad you fugured it out
Old 02-03-2019, 10:07 PM   #696
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

In the process I ended up also ordering a 14 and 16mm TOB sleeve. What I am going to do is try out the shorter sleeves with the reinforced 370z shift fork.

Will report back as the parts arrive tomorrow
Old 02-07-2019, 09:00 AM   #697
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

So just to update:

No dice on using the shorter TOB with the 350Z reinforced shift fork. I had the 16mm and it did not provide enough clearance. The 12mm and 14mm TOB sleeves is on back order and won't be arriving to Nissan for another few weeks. With this, I am going ahead with all SR hardware.

In other news; this is going in a non S chassis and I discovered last night, the engine and tranny need to go in as one unit.....which makes this an almost 2 man job to, at minimum, put the engine and gearbox in........F***!!!!!

I always separate the gearbox when removing the engine as with a 1 man team, it is simply easier. Now, I am debating just ditching the 6 speed and going to my backup VG.......Grrrrrr. All my test fitting, fabrication and measuring to make everything fit (from exhaust manifold, to turbo, to EWG, to intercooler, radiator, etc etc etc) I never thought to have installed the clutch during my mockup. because.....I didn't bother to put a crank in the mockup engine thinking there was plenty of room. Well, the clutch protrudes into the tunnel enough (just a few inches is what I need), and I have the engine back far enough that there is simply not enough clearance to install the two independently. I am not inclined to clearance the tunnel......but maybe I will.....

Meh. This 6 speed swap has been nothing but a pain

End rant
Old 02-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #698
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
OH man Ralli that is tough... I did a one man job on my s13 240 with SR and CD all one unit.... My trick was as I slide it into the engine bay. I had a flat furniture dolley in the opening of the engine bay supporting the tranny on the way in.

As I slide the engine and leveling the engine in, the tranny starts to slide into the tunnel.

No room for error and I had chains on my cherry picker. But probably someone looking at me would be like why is this guy running back and forth 10 billion times while lowering 1/2" at a time. Didn't wanna scratch paint but still

Worked out great!

Good luck brotha!
Old 02-12-2019, 12:44 PM   #699
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Anyone have pictures with the driveshaft installed?? I am concerned my driveshaft was shortened incorrectly and I wanted to see how deep the driveshaft installs on the tailshaft of the gearbox.

For reference, looking for a pic in particular with the metal dust shield.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #700
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
FYI the driveshaft yoke should not be fully into the gearbox, usually after bolting up the differential flange it comes out about an inch-ish from the trans.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #701
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Anyone have pictures with the driveshaft installed?? I am concerned my driveshaft was shortened incorrectly and I wanted to see how deep the driveshaft installs on the tailshaft of the gearbox.

For reference, looking for a pic in particular with the metal dust shield.
You can also ask Mazworx. They will tell you how long each drive shaft is for your chassis
Old 02-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #702
original_rudebwoy

Trader Rating: (0)
original_rudebwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
question about the extended pivot ball

I know this is a really old post but I have a question about the "extended pivot ball" that was used with the Maverick SR/VQ adapter plate set up mentioned in the very first post. Is the extended pivot ball the older 2003 350z pivot ball?

I bought a maverick sr to vq adapter plate second hand and am trying to swap in a cd009 from a 2005 g35 into my s13 sr20. I'm using sr20 flywheel, clutch, throw out bearing, carrier, cast z33 clutch fork and the shorter clutch pivot ball. I installed the cd009 into my car but now Im seeing a potential issue with the slave cylinder stroke. The clutch slave has to be almost fully extended to reach the clutch fork.

Would using the extended pivot ball /older 2003 350z pivot ball fix this issue?

Thank you in advance
original_rudebwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:26 AM   #703
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

The 2003 is the "short" pivot. 2004 (or was it 06, I forget), upgraded to the stamp steel shift fork and the long pivot ball.

If using an adapter plate, you need to match up the pivot ball with the shift fork.

EDIT: Had the pivot balls swapped.
Long pivot ball - stamp steel/updated shift fork
Short pivot ball - SR cast shift fork

If you read a few pages back, another gentleman addressed this very issue.

Last edited by RalliartRsX; 02-25-2019 at 07:27 AM..
Old 02-25-2019, 06:30 AM   #704
original_rudebwoy

original_rudebwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you RalliartRsX I will use the short pivot ball.
original_rudebwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:28 AM   #705
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Sorry: Edited my post. Had the pivot ball lengths mixed up. See above
Old 02-25-2019, 04:54 PM   #706
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Sorry: Edited my post. Had the pivot ball lengths mixed up. See above
not to make fun of you, but HAHAHAHAHAHHA I DID THE EXACT SAME THING!!!
Old 03-11-2019, 01:36 AM   #707
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Just a heads-up. I'm running the Insane Drifters Kit (page 1 or 2 of the thread). To get my clutch setup working properly I'm running:

- Nismo Super Coppermix Twin Plate
- SR Release Bearing (came with the clutch)
- Z33 Throwout Fork
- Z33 Throwout Pivot (spaced a further 3ish mm)
- D22 Navara Bearing Carrier
- S13 Master Cylinder
- Z33 Slave Cylinder
- Insane Drifters Braided Line

Final shifter position is a little further left than this

Old 03-13-2019, 02:33 PM   #708
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobie610 View Post
Just a heads-up. I'm running the Insane Drifters Kit (page 1 or 2 of the thread). To get my clutch setup working properly I'm running:
dang that looks nice! i'm gonna be using a very similar setup

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:39 AM   #709
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
This will probably go unanswered, since after reading through the thread there seems to be only a few guys with ka's, but is anyone successfully using the JWT adapter/auto bellhousing without using the JWT conversion flywheel and clutch? How is your shifter placement with the JWT adapter?
Old 03-21-2019, 02:08 AM   #710
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
This will probably go unanswered, since after reading through the thread there seems to be only a few guys with ka's, but is anyone successfully using the JWT adapter/auto bellhousing without using the JWT conversion flywheel and clutch? How is your shifter placement with the JWT adapter?

No, you have to run their clutch setup to use their kit

I went with the Mavericks Motorsport plate which I haven’t tested on the car yet I had to machine 3/4 off the bellhousing to use my triple disc clutch.

Trans is going to be support a 900hp KA
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #711
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I'm pretty sure I also used the D22 truck bearing carrier when I did the Mazworks kit with an OsGiken TS2BD twin disc.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #712
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I have a maverick KA to cd009. I believe the previous owner modded the oem shifter and cut and shorten the fork. Any recommended shifter kits? I would like to get this replaced before I put it back together.

And it would be a pain to replace the starter if it ever gave out as it is held on to the adapter plate!!
dreaMervaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:45 AM   #713
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
my buddy chris is using JWT adapter plate using auto bellhousing and clutch masters made him a twin disk to work with the internal slave cylinder and all. he's been competing with it for two years now. no problems.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #714
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
my buddy chris is using JWT adapter plate using auto bellhousing and clutch masters made him a twin disk to work with the internal slave cylinder and all. he's been competing with it for two years now. no problems.
Any more info? I am okay using the JWT flywheel but I'd like more clutch options so I'm trying to figure out why I can't use a "normal" z clutch? What exactly is the issue with the hydraulic TOB and a normal HR z clutch? The splines would obviously align and the pp bolt pattern should be the same, and the HR motors use the hydraulic TOB...
Old 04-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #715
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Need some input from people running the maverick adapter kit. When the flywheel is even at 10 ft/lb I’m unable to spin the engine. Do I need to use any sort of factory flex plate or anything? Really stumped here
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:14 AM   #716
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
Need some input from people running the maverick adapter kit. When the flywheel is even at 10 ft/lb I’m unable to spin the engine. Do I need to use any sort of factory flex plate or anything? Really stumped here
sounds like something is binding. what flywheel are you using? Is the adapter plate hitting the flywheel anywhere? can you install the clutch/flywheel, and THEN install the adapter plate?

the photo on their website looks like theres plenty of room all the way round

Quote:
Old 04-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #717
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

I’m using the maverick flywheel. It almost looks like it’s rubbing the rear main seal housing. I can slowly tighten the flywheel until I am unable to move it anymore. I made a “for testing purposes” spacer out of a paper plate (pizza and beers) and I was able to get a decent amount more torque while still being able to spin it. Am I supposed to use a auto trans spacer or something?
Old 04-12-2019, 11:52 AM   #718
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
I’m using the maverick flywheel. It almost looks like it’s rubbing the rear main seal housing. I can slowly tighten the flywheel until I am unable to move it anymore. I made a “for testing purposes” spacer out of a paper plate (pizza and beers) and I was able to get a decent amount more torque while still being able to spin it. Am I supposed to use a auto trans spacer or something?
you may want to contact maverick for further information. I didn't see anything on their site about them making flywheels. are you using a cd009 on a sr20det??? or is it NOT an sr20det?

Quote:
Old 04-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #719
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

2jz. I contacted him and he said it is not possible for it to contact the rear main.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:40 AM   #720
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Kaisen is an unknown quantity at this point
Is anyone using the LOJ speedo pickup kit? Would a signal converter still be required? Or can I just wire it directly to the speed sensor cables? For a S14

Would it work at all? Just that the speedo would not be accurate? Or would it not work if there's no Dakota?

Last edited by Kaisen; 04-25-2019 at 09:52 PM..
Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote