Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:19 PM   #1
shoottothrill
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
shoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s14 S14 KA / S13 Trans Questions

Been reading the forums for a long time, first time posting. Please let me know if this isn't in the right area, so I can take it down and/or move it.

I recently bought a Zenki S14 KA, which is an automatic. Someone recently posted on one of the FB groups for AZ about selling an S13 SR manual trans. I know that the SR trans and KA trans are basically the same (off of what I've seen on different threads on here), with slightly different gearing, and a different bell housing. I also have read on here that the S14 and S13 speed sensors are different, though I believe they are a direct mount up.

I looked through tons of stuff on here and haven't seen anyone doing this swap before, putting an S13 SR 5 spd trans on a S14 KA. Has anyone done this before? Am I missing anything other than a different bell housing and speed sensor? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
shoottothrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
U need to swap bellhousing, s14 ka has a crankshaft sensor located in the bellhousing, besides from that, swap over sensors for 5th gear and reverse and ur speedo and u should be good togo
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:46 PM   #3
JoelC

Trader Rating: (0)
JoelC is making a name for him/her selfJoelC is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
U need to swap bellhousing, s14 ka has a crankshaft sensor located in the bellhousing, besides from that, swap over sensors for 5th gear and reverse and ur speedo and u should be good togo
He is correct, you CAN use an s13 bellhousing however, you'll have a CEL for the missing sensor. You're going to have a CEL no matter what if you use the auto ecu anyway so if you're willing to deal with that it is an option.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #4
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
+1 the trans just needs a bell housing to work, if yo use s13 its doesn't have a crank sensor hole, but sensor is only used to detect misfires. and s14 speedo with bolt right up