Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-04-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
180ways2slide
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
180ways2slide is making his/her stupidity well-known180ways2slide is making his/her stupidity well-known180ways2slide is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR oil leaking everywhere

this is my problem i have a built sr20det w/t3/t4 top mount turbo, my question is y does the breather on the side of the valve cover piss out so much oil each time i get on the car. is a oil catch something i def need or is there another option i have oil everywhere. also the dipstick pops out once in a while. suggestions and help is all im asking
180ways2slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
kScorcz

kScorcz is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm not sure about the breather but alot of evo guys put a spring on the dipstick to prevent it from popping out
kScorcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kScorcz View Post
hmm not sure about the breather but alot of evo guys put a spring on the dipstick to prevent it from popping out
not the same thing. To answere the question. it sounds like blow by. and from what i understand alot of blow by isnt good.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
180ways2slide
Leaky Injector

180ways2slide is making his/her stupidity well-known180ways2slide is making his/her stupidity well-known180ways2slide is making his/her stupidity well-known
what exactly is blowby and what damage does it do
Old 05-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
lonelydrifter
Zilvia Member

lonelydrifter is making a name for him/her selflonelydrifter is making a name for him/her self
Is your car smoking at all? You shouldn't have that much blow by. I rebuilt my motor and have ZERO blow by. I have a catch can just incase though.
lonelydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
WilloW
Zilvia FREAK!

WilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WilloW Send a message via Yahoo to WilloW
Worn out rings = blow by.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
pete240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
pete240 is making a name for him/her selfpete240 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilloW View Post
Worn out rings = blow by.
Bingo...... Check your compression and post your results
pete240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Ughhhh a picture of the setup would help.

Something isn't venting the pressure.. aka the PCV valve is probably stuck.. that is if you haven't deleted it. Post pics of engine bay.

All that pressure in your engine will quite literally blow out EVERY SINGLE SEAL, if left unfixed. I'm talking about front main, rear main, valve seals, etc. Stop driving until you figure it out.

Adding an oil catch can won't reduce the insane pressure you have in the motor. Not too much shit is really supposed to go through there...

My rec? Post pics, replace PCV with genuine nissan one for now. There might be something hooked up wrong with turbo system. Maybe you need a restrictor, or need to take one out? Hmm.

Dip stick pops out because of boost. That's one boost leak right there =(. Pressure test your system. Replace oring.

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #9
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
is the dipstick pops out. rings are fckn bad...time for rebuild.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #10
180ways2slide
Leaky Injector

I'll try to get pics up but no the car does not smoke and the oil only blows out at boost. My oil pressure doenst even get higher then usual but I'm not sure I have restrictors in turbo lines I guess I have to check. Thanks for the info
Old 05-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
180ways2slide
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
is the dipstick pops out. rings are fckn bad...time for rebuild.
motor has 5k on it and since i installed microtech less then 50 miles so i dont think motor needs rebuild but i will check everything