Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-29-2007, 08:05 AM   #1
Fractur3
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fractur3 is on the path to ruinFractur3 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rear end swap?

just picked up a 95 s14 shell and i want to know what the rear end is swapable with. I just watched drift society and in there it looks like there are 2 silvia's with like an r33/r32 rear end on them. I like the look of an r33 or 32 over the stock 240 look so im wondering how hard of a swap it is, because i know anythings possible through fabrication.
Fractur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
240sx_LE
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
240sx_LE has made poor choices240sx_LE has made poor choices240sx_LE has made poor choices240sx_LE has made poor choices240sx_LE has made poor choices240sx_LE has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i think youre going too far with the whole being different from everyone else deal.. but what ever floats your boat..
240sx_LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
Fractur3
Zilvia Member

haha i take it that the swap is gonna be a bitch? Im not worried about making everything fit im just worried about the wiring
Old 11-29-2007, 08:12 AM   #4
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
how is that being different, ok so check it, since your new, try searcing, it's been done before, and i'm sure you can find plenty of information if you just searched. or else you'll just be ignored or flamed here...

and btw what wiring, it's a diff and subframe, there's no wires at all
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
i think he means bumper/taillights.

wiring is easy, the only things there are tail and brake lights, and tag lights.

if you can do all the fab yourself, go for it.
murda-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 AM   #6
Fractur3
Zilvia Member

dude trust me i did search it was the first thing i did but all it came up with were classified ads.. Ive belong to a couple subaru forums and when i cant find what im looking for searching, i make a thread.. maybe im not searching for the right thing??
Old 11-29-2007, 08:20 AM   #7
Fractur3
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
i think he means bumper/taillights.

wiring is easy, the only things there are tail and brake lights, and tag lights.

if you can do all the fab yourself, go for it.
ya rear end not the front.. i know the front is swappable, id be an idiot if i made a thread asking a question about that but apparently im idiot for making this thread...
Old 11-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #8
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
No, you're an idiot for being a noobie and thinking this is a good idea... jp
Arghh, don't do it - lot of work and $$$ not to mention 99% or conversions don't look right.

Drive the car for a while, take care of the suspension and brakes and then ret-think this idea.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #9
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez
you need to first ask yourself how deep are your pockets? there will be a good deal of cutting and welding involved and paying lots of fab$

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=pbcstylez
pbcstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #10
Fractur3
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
No, you're an idiot for being a noobie and thinking this is a good idea... jp
Arghh, don't do it - lot of work and $$$ not to mention 99% or conversions don't look right.

Drive the car for a while, take care of the suspension and brakes and then ret-think this idea.
hey, all i have to say to you, is

lol sry i had to, this forums has the sweetest smilies hah

but this is my project car so why wouldnt it be a good idea? i just wanna go crazy with it and do something thats rarely seen.. hell my friend came up with the idea to put a moto bike exhaust on it. But the car is just a rolling shell so theres no driving anytime soon..

i dd an 04 sti making about 400whp and i want a project car because the sti is expensive
Old 11-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #11
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractur3 View Post
hey, all i have to say to you, is

lol sry i had to, this forums has the sweetest smilies hah

but this is my project car so why wouldnt it be a good idea? i just wanna go crazy with it and do something thats rarely seen.. hell my friend came up with the idea to put a moto bike exhaust on it. But the car is just a rolling shell so theres no driving anytime soon..

i dd an 04 sti making about 400whp and i want a project car because the sti is expensive
Fair enough, wish you look with it. Make sure to keep us updated.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #12
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractur3 View Post
just wanna go crazy with it and do something thats rarely seen.. hell my friend came up with the idea to put a moto bike exhaust on it.

Both of those have been done MANY times. If you want an R33 rear end, save up and get an R33, everyone hates those anyway
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #13
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
haha, i thought we were talking about diffs, those kinda rear ends. please dont put an r33 r/e on a 240.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #14
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
^^ lol same here, honestly like other ppl said you gotta ask yourself how much $$ you have....if you were to do it it should be done correctly with oem parts and skilled body work....a hack job tail light conversion will look like total ass, a skilled job will only somewhat look like ass. If you have the cash at 16 to do this then more power to you but know that it will be expensive....IMHO if you have the cash put it into some other aspect of the car....it is ur money tho so do what you like
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:18 PM   #15
Landers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I suggest you just check out some of the cars on this page and spend your money on other things maybe a kouki front??? i know its been done and all but it will make you feel like a master fabber yo!....r33 rear end on a 240 is a bit much...dont ruin a good s14. Waste of money in my opinion

Last edited by Landers; 11-29-2007 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: f*ck
Landers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #16
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
u wanna do something rare as fuck to see...

240z front on a s13 H/B

talk about unique...

ive only seen one in the devil z blue...fucken sick

kinda reminds me of the new mustangs that take it back to the fastback days but a modern style...

search that ... just my .02
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #17
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Lemme get this straight, you wanna put the R33 read end on it as in cosmetic?!?! Can you imagine how much fabrication that is? S14s have a flat rear end. Skylines have a wide, tall and boxy rear end. How good are you and your friend in fabrication? Im not talking about welding fucking exhausts. Sheetmetal? Bondo? Engineering degree?

In Subaru terms, imagine turning a wrx sedan rear end into a wagon...thats about how complicated it would be. If you wanted to put a skyline rear end on a car, you should have bought a 95 prelude, shape of the rear end is pretty close and it wouldnt be as complicated as on a S-chassis.

Also, you've been misinformed, Skyline front end wont bolt up to an S-chassis without making it look like a complete utter shit.

*Edited for being a dick*

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #18
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
PS: Modding STis aint expensive, just ask mommy and daddy for more money...

no offense, but thats a pretty arrogant comment of you...he might actually work for a living and be making good bank...

unless its true that its mommy and daddy's money...then i look like an ass and i deserve it...if not then not...

i just dont like jumping to assumptions...anymore anyway lol
Old 11-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #19
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
no offense, but thats a pretty arrogant comment of you...he might actually work for a living and be making good bank...

unless its true that its mommy and daddy's money...then i look like an ass and i deserve it...if not then not...

i just dont like jumping to assumptions...anymore anyway lol
There I fixed it, but how often do you see 16 yr olds with decent jobs, able to afford $400-500 car payments with expensive ass insurance on top?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #20
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
There I fixed it, but how often do you see 16 yr olds with decent jobs, able to afford $400-500 car payments with expensive ass insurance on top?

to be honest bro...me my sister my bro and 3 cuzins...though i opted for an s13 and bought my mom a Rav4 when i was 17...only 4 payments left...

but respect to you for the maturity level bro...its appreciated
Old 11-29-2007, 04:26 PM   #21
MomentumGT
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to beholdMomentumGT is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
u wanna do something rare as fuck to see...

240z front on a s13 H/B

talk about unique...

ive only seen one in the devil z blue...fucken sick

kinda reminds me of the new mustangs that take it back to the fastback days but a modern style...

search that ... just my .02
Here in Cali I saw a early 80's trailer park z front end on a s13 coupe. That was terrible!!! The 240z lines may look like it would flow better tho'. I have a rusted 73' in my back yard so the gears are turning in my head.

-Jon

momentumgt.com - "building blocks of speed"
MomentumGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #22
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
its gonna look like crap.

sounds like something straight outta hot import nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts
Addicted2Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #23
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Kouki View Post
its gonna look like crap.

sounds like something straight outta hot import nights.
different taste i guess...
Old 11-30-2007, 08:18 AM   #24
Fractur3
Zilvia Member

damn i didnt think that it would be completely different.. i never thought it would be THAT hard to do, but i guess ill just keep it the way it is lol

and i work 25hrs a week and go to school to afford the sti and i pay for all my shit.. but i must say i couldnt get the sti without my parents because the car is in my moms name so insurance is WAY cheaper.. but i still have to pay for that too.. payments arent even 400 a month on it, i saved up a ton of money to put down and i have car payments through college but its worth every penny
Old 11-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #25
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
25hrs a week? I was working 40+ at a car wash when I was your age and I was going to school.

In order to swap the rear end you'll need a cutting torch and a welder...

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 AM   #26
Fractur3
Zilvia Member

well if i could work more i would lol, but i cant physically keep good grades and work a shitload so it works
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 AM   #27
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i love chicken
alex_s817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #28
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
^^ nice first post
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:28 AM   #29
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
yea i know, i didnt even know it was my first post. i have accounts on too many forums lol
alex_s817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #30
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i feel like an idiot. when i first read the topic title, i thought he wanted to swap the whole rear suspension, differential, etc... but it turned out to be just cosmetic bs. awwwwww...

on topic, don't do it.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote