Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-23-2020, 06:35 PM   #1
Pignoises13

Trader Rating: (0)
Pignoises13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine fully forged,springs and valves,ca18det

Hello guys!! 😊 I am a new member, I am Italian, I know that you are competent people, good people, prepared, I need help, as you may have read from the title, I am modifying the engine of my Nissan s13 (engine code ca18det) performed compression test, immediately after purchasing it, I decided to rebuild the engine,..I took a lot of things .. pistons 84 RDC 9.0.1, connecting rods, connecting rod bearings and crankshaft, reinforced nuts and bolts , reinforced seals, water-oil pump, 4-stage clutch, injectors, turbo still to be chosen etc. etc., now from the rectification they tell me that the valves can be fine and that they will be correct, sanded as usual, but listening to different people I don't know what to do..they said that rectifying the valve would be "rough" or that it could wear out soon or weaken, so there are those who tell me to change the valves with something new and perhaps more reinforced and who instead of leaving the valves and changing the springs, with stronger springs .. engine 135.000 km the car has the target 350 HP that will surely reach easily, so it will have to hold twice the CV ... what do you think?!?
Pignoises13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2020, 09:20 PM   #2
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Greeting & welcome to Zilvia. I am not sure I totally understand what you are asking. Are you asking if you need a upgraded valvtrain or are you asking if you should just do a valve job on your factory head ?
Old 02-24-2020, 05:47 AM   #3
Pignoises13

be patient, I apologize for my English, let me explain, the engine will have 350hp (twice the original) I don't know what to do with my head the options are 3 1 grinding, original valves? 1 put new valves? 1 leave the original valves, change the springs?
Old 02-24-2020, 08:59 AM   #4
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I would suggest at minimum do the springs/retainers...if you want everything refreshed then doing stronger or even bigger valves would help flow but add time/labor costs to the project...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:32 PM   #5
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
I would suggest at minimum do the springs/retainers...if you want everything refreshed then doing stronger or even bigger valves would help flow but add time/labor costs to the project...
Well if you are not using factory camshafts then I highly recommend having the valvetrain completely gone through & upgraded.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:06 PM   #6
Pignoises13

Camshafts stock, I explained myself wrong
Old 02-26-2020, 04:16 AM   #7
gaz_moose
Zilvia Member

gaz_moose is an unknown quantity at this point
if the valve seats are not worn then I would just regrind them, and put a set of new springs in.
gaz_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #8
Pignoises13

I gave orders to rectify everything, updates soon!
Old 03-13-2020, 01:58 AM   #9
Izento
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Izento is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would personally get different cams. Tomei Poncams are a perfect upgrade. 256/256 in/exh has great improvements in the top end and doesn't sacrifice the low end torque that much. In your other post you specified that you wanted 350 hp and good spool times for the turbo. This will help your torque curve all around.

As for the valvetrain, you don't need to upgrade the valves/springs to hit your target hp number. Those are for the big boys.

Also, if you haven't already ordered those pistons, I highly recommend going 83.5mm instead of 84mm. The CA18 doesn't have a lot of metal in between cylinder walls to allow for generous boring. Only bore enough to refresh the walls. If you can get away with it, a simple polish would be good so that you can stick with 83mm. But most likely you'll need to grab a 83.5mm.
Izento is offline   Reply With Quote