Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Australia/New Zealand

Old 06-06-2014, 01:24 AM   #1
JohnDanyal

Trader Rating: (0)
JohnDanyal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB rb25det rev limiter issue

So ive been having an issue with my rb25 rev limiter and i cant seem to figure out what the problem is exactly. pretty much the car will pull amazing up until redline but it will not bounce off the limiter, instead and it sounds like some sort of soft cut but it will bog the car down until i let off the throttle. if i get back onto the throttle it will pull up until redline again and do the same thing over again. ive replaced the fuel pump (walbro 255), fpr, fuel filter, spark plugs (gapped to .08), and ive checked the coil packs and they seem fine, ive also replaced the ecu, maf, and coil pack harness with known good ones and it had no affect. this issue has been happening since i completed the swap in january but randomly went away and it was bouncing off the limiter for about a month or so but then it started happening again recently. also the wiring was done by an extremely reputable shop so its unlikely for it to be a wiring problem but who knows. someone plz help
JohnDanyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2014, 04:35 AM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Hmm...sounds like fuel cut, but never heard of fuel cut kicking in at redline.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
JohnDanyal

it sounds exactly like a fuel cut but it only does it at redline. it will hit full boost (7lbs) and hold it in any gear and wont cut out or anything, just bogs at about 7200rpm. it almost sounds like the ecu is pulling timing for whatever reason
Old 06-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
JohnDanyal

So today I found what could have been a boost leak. It was a loose coupler clamp on the outlet side of the turbo, fixed it and the issue is still there. Checked the tps, it was a just barely out of spec ( .03v closed throttle, 4.0v WOT) so I fixed that also but I have yet to try to hit the limiter.