Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #91
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin203 View Post
Ummmm thats what it is, its a coupe, 4cyl turbo, and rwd. How is that in any way close to a kia soul or scion xb? (Dori beat me to it)
This thing just looks like a weird ass hybrid between an suv and a sadan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Damn this is a disappointing thread.

Voted yes because we been begging Nissan for an entry level, RWD, turbo coupe for 25 fucking years!

If it looks like this then I would vote YES, but reality is cold and harsh. We all know its not gonna look like that. Those are all pipe dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobellman_2007 View Post
Voted no because I don't want to do another 5 lug conversion.
^ Lol, worthy.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #92
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This thing looks like absolute garbage....
Old 01-16-2014, 06:51 PM   #93
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Copycats of small time Japanese tuner companies is one thing. Copycats of the 5th largest automaker in the world is something entirely different.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #94
hockeyplaye8511

hockeyplaye8511 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
im amused that everyone hates it based off looks. nevermind that this thing might just kick the shit out of the FRS and perform like a baus... all im hearing is "it looks like shit KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

i really dig it, especially the NISMO version. there is a lot of heritage in this car INCLUDING THE CSP311 SILVIA! the car was built with influence taken directly from the silvia, the laurel, the skyline and the bluebird (aka the 510)
See dori im not confident itll outperform the FRS. Probably going to use the MR engine outta the Juke and weight the same or more. Only thing it has going for it performance wise is the short wheelbase. Weight balance is another thing too
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #95
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
the car will HAVE TO outperform the FRS if nissan wants any shot in hell with the new platform.

nissan and toyota have a HUGE rivalry with one another and have done for decades. count on the FRS pushing the IDx to perform!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #96
crunchy_g

Trader Rating: (1)
crunchy_g is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I voted YES for Nissan to build the car. Yes the concepts "external" looks are not eye pleasing. But I also looked at the specs. Nissan is offering a RWD coupe, 4cyl turbo for supposedly less than 30K. IDK about you guys but I've been waiting for a car like this from Nissan for years!!! It'll be good on gas in stock form (high 20's-30mpg. daily driving) & if you wanna make it a track monster slap on a bigger turbo, injectors, etc. Its already light weight. Nissan is killing it with the GTR. There is no doubt this car would be BOSS in Nismo form. I see it like this.. 1)IDx, 2)370Z successor, & 3) GT-R. Nissan Bring back what Toyota, Honda, & Mazda won't! Cars that enthusiats want!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:17 PM   #97
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I don't see how it could possibly NOT out perform the FRS. If they are about the same weight but one is turbo and the other is not... The IDX is likely to have much more usable torque. And assuming Nissan just uses the 197hp Juke engine, you acquire another what, 40hp from basic bolt-ons and a tune for around a $1g? How far does $1g take you in an FRS? A set of fucking tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
If it looks like this then I would vote YES, but reality is cold and harsh. We all know its not gonna look like that. Those are all pipe dreams.
You realize the only difference in that photoshop and the concept is that they painted it and slammed it on Meisters. What makes you think you couldn't do the same things in real life? Some ppl just lack vision and you gotta draw it out for them... smh.

But we all know the side pipes aren't likely to see production. Small gripe though.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #98
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaye8511 View Post
See dori im not confident itll outperform the FRS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the car will HAVE TO outperform the FRS if nissan wants any shot in hell with the new platform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I don't see how it could possibly NOT out perform the FRS.
who cares if the car out-performs the FRS? i mean, since when is the FRS considered a fast car?
Old 01-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #99
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
FRS drivetrain is max sucky.
Also that rendering is horrible. Looks like a piece of poo.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:18 PM   #100
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
HOLY SHIT! IT DOES RUN!

Nissan IDx Nismo Driven (w/video) - Import Tuner

i THINK the NISMO edition is stick, listen to the exhaust notes when theyre moving the car around, it sounds like normal manual revs

Old 02-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #101
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

THREAD IS NOW CLOSED!

Please visit the below link for the official IDx thread...

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/5...dx-thread.html

Closed Thread