Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
nismoskyz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
KA Repuatble SoCal S13 Mechanic shop?

does anyone know of a good, reliable mechanic shop to get some basic work done on a '91 KA Hatch s13?

i don't just want to take it to any random mechanic shop that i can't trust with my car ..

i just need some basic work done like:
fixing timing chain rattle
fixing a shaky steering wheel (rack and pinion prob?)
and the notorious bogging!

i know what the causes are for most things but i really don't want to mess anything up..

Anywhere within 50 or so miles of Fontana.. so like rowland heights, walnut, diamond bar, ontario, rancho, san bernardino, mmaybe even anaheim area if the shop is known for good work.

thanks a lot..
nismoskyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I know it's alittle far from you but Ali at Machine Tune in gardena does good work, hell he can do rb25, sr20det, ls1 swaps no problem. Call him up at 310-866-1911 and tell him Shane sent ya. BTW he used to be a nissan tech at the dealership before starting his own shop.
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

yeah, it's a good 60 miles from here.. i'll see if anyone else comes up with something a little closer, if not, i'll probably give him a call .. thanks
Old 05-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
I know one!!!

Hes in walnut!! call Masa Auto Repair.. a japanese mechanic that know so much about 240sx!! PM me for address and #'s. I only go to his place for my 240sx and other cars
pink godzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
i wonder if he can handle CA's

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
pink godzila
Post Whore!

pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
i wonder if he can handle CA's

Not sure, but i can give you his number and you can ask.. but i have 70% sure he could. He used to be a street drifter in Japan ...
Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ask Masa about his friend with the probe....

More on topic though, I take my work through Shutoko Engineering here in Rowland Heights. You can PM me for their information or just google them and their website will come up. They are pretty quick and are pretty used to dealing with 240's specifically. I personally haven't had any problems with them, and I'm pretty anal about shops. I'm the kind of guy who gets pissed when my radio presets are all messed up.
StaticX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #8
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticX27 View Post
Ask Masa about his friend with the probe....

More on topic though, I take my work through Shutoko Engineering here in Rowland Heights. You can PM me for their information or just google them and their website will come up. They are pretty quick and are pretty used to dealing with 240's specifically. I personally haven't had any problems with them, and I'm pretty anal about shops. I'm the kind of guy who gets pissed when my radio presets are all messed up.
Shutoko for Johnson? Hes kool but I trust Masa more... and always hangout there when I down to Rowland Heights.. or Walnut
Old 05-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #9
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

thanks for all the suggestions guys .. i'll probably give both Masa and Shutoko a call tomorrow (if they're open on weekends?) just to see what they say...

man you guys are out in Rowland Heights, RH was my home for years, I pretty much grew up there, right off Colima and Otterbein where the Taco Bell used to be :P . i don't know why they put that pho place there instead.., I miss that place.. out in Fontana/San Bernardino area now..
Old 05-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
I grew up here in Rowland Heights, went to Rowland High school... Alvarado Middle and Blandford Elementary.

Masa is a cool guy, don't get me wrong, I'm just giving nismoskyz here some options. I go through Johnson because he has yet to steer me wrong, over charge me, suddenly jump the price for no apparent reason, and when something goes wrong, he's always stepped up to help me take care of it.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned G-dimensions yet. They're pretty popular around this area too.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #11
dtc 360RT
Zilvia Addict

Location: You can tell how I walk, I ain't from around herr..Five6Duece, Kings Only
Trader Rating: (13)
dtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfectiondtc 360RT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dtc 360RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink godzila View Post
I know one!!!

Hes in walnut!! call Masa Auto Repair.. a japanese mechanic that know so much about 240sx!! PM me for address and #'s. I only go to his place for my 240sx and other cars
masa is good, i worked in walnut for two years at lemon creek tire pros. off lemon and valley. i did all of masa's alignments and tires. that guy can get down! theres also dv smog pro at fairway and valley...vinnie there can diagnose just about anything.....

DTCPerformance.com, Socal-Drift.com, Myspace.com/Dtcperformance
DTC 360RT Review
dtc 360RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #12
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

crazy, staticx27, I went to Killian Elementary, Alvarado Middle, but I moved right after 8th grade so never went to Rowland...

thanks again for all the suggestions, guys... i'm gonna give masa and shutoko a call right now..

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 05-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #13
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

just called Masa and Shutoko,

Masa seemed pretty cool, he said to just bring the car down so he can take a look at it himself, so i'll probably do that soon ..

and shutoko wasn't answering their phone -- (626) 965-6386 -- is what I got off their website.

thanks again.

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 05-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #14
victorvondoom

victorvondoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Torrance...garage boso
victorvondoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #15
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

Hey I spoke with both Masa and Johnson and they both were cool over the phone and said I could bring the car down so they could check it out themselves...
But now, I don't know who I should take it to...
I don't want to waste anyone's time or anything, but both sound like good people to go to.

What do you guys suggest?

@victorvondoom
Torrance is kind of far for me..

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 05-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #16
pink godzila
Post Whore!

I say Masa, I trust him more ...
Old 05-12-2008, 01:46 AM   #17
G-Force
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
G-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to G-Force
Colima and Otterbein? isn't that Hacienda Hts? I used to live up the hill from Otterbein.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:48 AM   #18
pinoidude

pinoidude is an unknown quantity at this point
hey...have you tried proto motoring?? their close to Riverside CC i went there a few weeks ago and they said they specialize in 240's...their pretty cool guys...check out their website...and speak to james...he's the owner i think...
pinoidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #19
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

Colima / Otterbein is closer to walnut / diamond bar, but it's still considered Rowland heights.

I gave you my opinion via PM. I say you'll be happy regardless of who you take it to as they're both fairly reputable shops and fairly knowledgeable in their craft. Obviously everyone has their shop loyalty, so its kind of hard to get an unbias opinion regarding this stuff anymore :P

I'm not trying to bash.... well.. Yes I am.

Do not take your car to Proto.... Half the theft in Riverside can be traced back to them. They are extremely shady. James is a compulsive liar as well, thus why some of the people he does business with call him Pinocchio. And they're mostly a Honda shop. They've turned out 240's, this is true, but they go pretty much with whatever is the hot selling item.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #20
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

Proto does not sound too reputable then.

Thanks for all the suggestions/advice guys. At this point, I have decided that I'll most likely take my car to Shutoko unless someone wants to convince me otherwise.

Although now I feel kind of bad, cause I did talk to Masa and he was cool on the phone but then I wont end up going to him...

anyways, thanks again for all the suggestions, at least I know that the mech I'll be going to has a good rep for working on 240s

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 05-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #21
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticX27 View Post
Colima / Otterbein is closer to walnut / diamond bar, but it's still considered Rowland heights.

I gave you my opinion via PM. I say you'll be happy regardless of who you take it to as they're both fairly reputable shops and fairly knowledgeable in their craft. Obviously everyone has their shop loyalty, so its kind of hard to get an unbias opinion regarding this stuff anymore :P

I'm not trying to bash.... well.. Yes I am.

Do not take your car to Proto.... Half the theft in Riverside can be traced back to them. They are extremely shady. James is a compulsive liar as well, thus why some of the people he does business with call him Pinocchio. And they're mostly a Honda shop. They've turned out 240's, this is true, but they go pretty much with whatever is the hot selling item.
NO Proto man!! JUST NO!!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #22
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

haha, yeah, even though it's much closer than the other 2 shops.. just one testification against them is enough to turn me away..

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 05-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #23
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Johnson in Shutoko is kool, but he dont really work on your car.. his Mechanic work on your car.

Masa dose everything... hes the only one in shop and he is a really respondsiable owner!!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #24
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

why do you have to keep changing my mind!? .. masa - johnson -masa -johnson lol

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 05-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #25
pink godzila
Post Whore!

lol sorry will its up to you..not try to change your mind but im speaking the turth. Will im going to Masa today just for hangout
Old 05-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #26
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

i'll probably be going to Shutoko tomorrow and see how everything goes, then maybe stop by at Masa as well..

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 05-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #27
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

okay so I'm probably dragging this thread out longer than it needs to be, but .. it seems kind of like Shutoko is more of a place for upgrading/tuning type of work whereas Masa is for general repairs, the latter being what I really need.

ah .. i suck at choosing from two options. this always happens to me when I'm given two similar choices...

If I took my car to Masa in the morning, do you think he could have my car done by the evening? Or to Shutoko for that matter? Cause I really can't leave my car there.. sucks I don't still live in RH :P

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #28
xdumbxguyx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
xdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
go with masa...he does good work, really funny dude when u get to speak with him
xdumbxguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:16 AM   #29
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

yeah, actually I did end up going to Masa and he replaced my tie rod ends for me.. car steers good now .. he also adjusted the clutch which led to much smoother shifts now .. next time, though, i'll probably try out shutoko eng. so I can make a comparison..

i called up nissan to see how much they'd charge for the same work done.. turns out i saved nearly $300 by going to Masa instead

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 05-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #30
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Glad you like his job... by the way nice to meed you!!