Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Did a number to my brake/clutch lines

took a leisurely trip out to the pch the other day. was just rolling along and had to come to a quick stop because someone changed lanes abruptly in front of me. hit the brakes and there was brakes for a second and then the pedal hit the floor. felt the brakes grab just enough to stop. pumped it a couple times and still nothing. popped my hood to take a look.

noticed some oil behind this line

moved it out of the way to see this
AsleepAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 02:06 AM   #2
oni jake
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
oni jake is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That's actually pretty funny.

Find a clutch line or brake shop in your local area and ask them their price to fix it. I believe you have to (or should) replace the entire lines.
oni jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:23 AM   #3
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
I actually already fixed it. Lol
Cost me 10 bucks for a new line. Took about an hour of careful bending with my tubing bender and my thumbs to get it back in place. The big line on the right didn't need to be replaced - it only goes to my non existent charcoal canister. The clutch line was only worn through about 10%. It looks much worse in the pic.
I had to drive home 50 miles on only the front brakes. Doesn't sound that hard but my brake pressure was gone and any pedal pressure was pushing my remaining fluid out of the lines. I'm glad it didn't take out the clutch line too or it would have been a really bad day.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:23 AM   #4
Rich260z
Zilvia Addict

Rich260z is an unknown quantity at this point
And that's why you should watch your SS lines. How long were you running it with them just rubbing like that?
Rich260z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

lol, like im a kid doing my first car...

they werent rubbing to begin with. at some point, the plastic clips on the firewall broke, probably from age, and allowed them to rub. they werent rubbing when i installed that line a couple years ago. it had to be recent. theyre all tucked again and secured so it wont happen again. at least, not in that spot.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Good work! Ahaha j/k. At least you caught it!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote