Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #31
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
$13k final price.

Fair, IMO. That combination of options, condition, and miles was a unicorn.
Would've gone higher but the car had everything on it except air conditioning.

You and I know, back then AC was not part of the SE/LE trim as standard equipment...

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2020, 01:13 AM   #32
Calver
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Calver is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tromer9 View Post
Not worth the money, though good for the seller.
Well, some people have deep pockets and buying more on nostalgia!
Calver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:15 AM   #33
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
I’m curious what a mint 1998 black se model s14 with 79k original miles would go for lol auto with no sunroof also
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #34
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupesallday! View Post
I?m curious what a mint 1998 black se model s14 with 79k original miles would go for lol auto with no sunroof also
who knows. last S14 on BaT sold for $12k last December with manual transmission and less miles.

[email protected]
Old 12-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #35
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
yeah right now it seems like finding the right buyer. Before you start seeing dollar signs though just realize that these cars are important to a very select few. Sure, kids know what 240s are, but fewer respect what they are.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:55 PM   #36
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupesallday! View Post
I?m curious what a mint 1998 black se model s14 with 79k original miles would go for lol auto with no sunroof also
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...an-240sx-se-7/

Currently at $12,500. Same as what you listed with no sunroof and manual.

I'm gonna bid for fun but it'll sell for $20k easily. Probably closer to $25-28k, which is what I would pay if I was after a really REALLY mint S14 without a sunroof.

Edit: ..... aaaand I'm outbid within 2 minutes.

[email protected]
Old 12-30-2020, 07:22 PM   #37
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
aaaand its gone.

Even going through YAJ, I'm noticing prices for pretty basic cars is starting to creep up. An average one used to sell for somewhere around 6k, but now its closer to 9k, and if you start looking at one worth looking at, you're starting to get into the 15k area.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:19 PM   #38
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...an-240sx-se-7/

Currently at $12,500. Same as what you listed with no sunroof and manual.

I'm gonna bid for fun but it'll sell for $20k easily. Probably closer to $25-28k, which is what I would pay if I was after a really REALLY mint S14 without a sunroof.

Edit: ..... aaaand I'm outbid within 2 minutes.
Car was sold for low end of my estimate, but fairly accurate.

I think the market will support $20-25k+ for mint S14s, probably closer to around $20k for S13s.

[email protected]
Old 01-06-2021, 12:11 PM   #39
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Damn that is cool!
Old 01-16-2021, 12:20 PM   #40
stev0n
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
stev0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i bought my first 1990 pignose se hatch in 2003 for $900 off autotrader.
2 owner, 70k miles, auto, completely stock & mint.

My dumbass pulled the pignose bumper & lip & traded them for an invader kit.
The car got stolen & crushed in 2011.

my current 90 hatch i bought for $200 in 2008. Now it sits in storage at the corvette plant in ky.

the OP car sold for more than i paid for my vette AND escalade combined. Wish I would've kept mine stock!
Old 01-17-2021, 04:24 AM   #41
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
yeah right now it seems like finding the right buyer. Before you start seeing dollar signs though just realize that these cars are important to a very select few. Sure, kids know what 240s are, but fewer respect what they are.
what is there to respect with a car? they're heaps of shit. obviously i still own mine and dont plan on selling them, but its not like we're talking cars of stature. these are garbage cans. i dont see why people think a car that sells for 10, 20, or even 30k is "seeing dollar signs" - do you guys not have jobs? in my s13 alone i've easily put what, 50-60k in parts and modifications, endless hours. i can understand that on a stock car no one is putting that amount of money, but it still takes time, money and effort to keep a car maintained. if someone sells a car and makes some extra bucks, kudos to them.

this car is going in the same direction as the 240z, except the 240z is built with even shittier quality standards. and yet, they're selling for good money. why people spend this type of money is beyond me. parts are getting harder to get, it really is an exercise in futility. and this is coming from someone who owns several of these cars and restores them.

bringatrailer is basically the result of nerds congregating and jerking off online about how little a car has been used and how original the car is.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:15 AM   #42
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
what is there to respect with a car? they're heaps of shit. obviously i still own mine and dont plan on selling them, but its not like we're talking cars of stature. these are garbage cans. i dont see why people think a car that sells for 10, 20, or even 30k is "seeing dollar signs" - do you guys not have jobs? in my s13 alone i've easily put what, 50-60k in parts and modifications, endless hours. i can understand that on a stock car no one is putting that amount of money, but it still takes time, money and effort to keep a car maintained. if someone sells a car and makes some extra bucks, kudos to them.

this car is going in the same direction as the 240z, except the 240z is built with even shittier quality standards. and yet, they're selling for good money. why people spend this type of money is beyond me. parts are getting harder to get, it really is an exercise in futility. and this is coming from someone who owns several of these cars and restores them.

bringatrailer is basically the result of nerds congregating and jerking off online about how little a car has been used and how original the car is.
I agree with a lot you've said. There really isn't a good correlation between build quality and value. Look at 60's Ferrari's right now...10's of millions, for cars that aren't built to anything close to that. I'm not comparing the s13 to a 250GT, just using it as an example of price v. build quality.

What I meant when I mentioned the cars for "what they are", I wasn't speaking about build quality. These are cheap, Japanese cars. We all know that these aren't anything special there. I was thinking more about the less tangible parts, that I think, makes these cars special. If you view these cars as just tools to achieve some kind of goal, that's fine, but to me at least..it's more than that. Admittedly, I have a more romantic view on cars, one that not all car people share.

There is a space, somewhere, for a discussion of emotional attachment, nostalgia, pragmatic views on the S-chassis, and those who buy cars purely for investment reasons. I'm not sure Zilvia is really that space. I noticed you mentioned how the prices of 240z leaves you dumbfounded, but I'm sure to some people it makes perfect sense. It's a weird world we live in.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:15 PM   #43
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ive got no gripes with what youve said. as far as im concerned, i misunderstood what you meant by respecting these cars.

i really cant say for certain who is one of the oldest members in the community, but i know alex and i have been around since the old 240sx mailing list days. i got my 90 hatch in 96 and still own it. my customer bought his 95 s14 new, still has it. but i want to say that i personally saw a decline in the community and people interested in these cars around 2000. the minute fast and furious came out, everyone ditched their hondas and immediately got into drifting. part of me gets upset because even though i dont care for hondas, i was like wtf... all of a sudden everyone kicked vtec to the curb? haha i'm tempted to buy a DC2 integra. thats assuming there is something special to these cars, which i dont think there is. but i like those cars still.

i would think the majority of any modern day boy racers can easily get what they want/need out of a BRZ or Miata with less money, no headaches, and no rust. 240z or 240sx, these cars are just bad news for building & restoring
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote