Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #1
Djetok

Trader Rating: (0)
Djetok has a spectacular aura aboutDjetok has a spectacular aura aboutDjetok has a spectacular aura aboutDjetok has a spectacular aura aboutDjetok has a spectacular aura aboutDjetok has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1996 s14 build 2.3 ecoboost

My son who is 13 years old has wanted a S14 since he was 8 years old. Well we started 3 weeks ago with the purchase of the car. We have all the surface rust sanded and prepped. After doing research of the power plants.

We landed on the eco. We are not building a drift car, but a daily driver that will do auto-x events and hallett events. He will get his race license and run spec 4s at Hallett next year. We have a shop that is doing the build and completed eco swaps on other cars.

My son and I just left the race shop and the guy then came to ours. He has accepted the build. It will go to him in November. Since he is a ford performance guy and we are building this for my son. He also has a son at 11. He threw out an idea, which was something that I was going to ask about. He wants me to buy a full wrecked mustang. That way we can use the full ecu, while taking the abs system, trac control and stability. He is also going to try to make the my key system to work as well. If it doesn't he is just going to dyno tune a detuned tune for driving around.

I will post pics later as they are too big to upload and I am too tired after working on his car today. We cut out the battery tray out today as this is where we are most likely going to mount the electric power steering pump.

Anyone have a wrecked s550 mustang 2.3l with a 10 speed

This is the guy that is doing the running gear and helping us with any questions.
https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-u...s-championship
Djetok is online now Add to Djetok's Reputation Report Post
Djetok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2020, 07:48 AM   #2
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Interesting.

Normally would not approve builds that are such an early stage, but since you are dropping the car off to be finished in November I'll put it through.

Please post up some pics. An ecoboost s14 would be an amazing swap.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:26 AM   #3
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Isn’t this such a thing already in SoCal? One of Ryan literall guys at animal auto has one. He might be able to point you in the right direction. I don’t believe he has a Zilvia account though.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:05 PM   #4
Djetok

Djetok has a spectacular aura aboutDjetok has a spectacular aura aboutDjetok has a spectacular aura aboutDjetok has a spectacular aura aboutDjetok has a spectacular aura aboutDjetok has a spectacular aura about
I would love to post pics , it will not let me for some reason. Post count?

We have sources a 2019 mustang with a 10 speed to use.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:25 PM   #5
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I?m curious as to why you?re going to spend a lot of effort on installing all the mustang components such as suspension, stability control etc?

Is the goal to try and adapt the mustang cluster/dash in the car with no warning lights on?

There were a few companies I saw that sell the pullouts of wrecked cars which I was interested in doing.

Also curious as to what EPS system you?re going with. MR2? I thought the mustang was a full electric rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:51 PM   #6
Djetok

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
I?m curious as to why you?re going to spend a lot of effort on installing all the mustang components such as suspension, stability control etc?

Is the goal to try and adapt the mustang cluster/dash in the car with no warning lights on?

There were a few companies I saw that sell the pullouts of wrecked cars which I was interested in doing.

Also curious as to what EPS system you?re going with. MR2? I thought the mustang was a full electric rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are most likely using a electric. We cut the battery box out yesterday for placement. My swap guy is handling the pump once we get the engine in the car. He wants to see the amount of room we have.

The mustang parts will be for the abs . Which will make the esc and trac control a option.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:03 AM   #7
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djetok View Post
I would love to post pics , it will not let me for some reason. Post count?

We have sources a 2019 mustang with a 10 speed to use.
Could be, imgur works good with a link
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #8
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
We are most likely using a electric. We cut the battery box out yesterday for placement. My swap guy is handling the pump once we get the engine in the car. He wants to see the amount of room we have.

The mustang parts will be for the abs . Which will make the esc and trac control a option.
I'd be interested if you could adapt the traditional powersteering similar to what's done for 5.0 swaps in 2011 and older S197s.

I very very badly want to do a 2.3 swap into a spare 350z I have. What will you do for the oilpan? Will it mount far enough back to manage the rear sump or run the 2.0 piece?
Old 08-25-2020, 10:38 AM   #9
Djetok

He did all his measurements but with something there is no blueprint for , we do not know yet. He will make changes to make driveline angles to be correct. Obviously engine placement will be key for the cars balance as well. 50/50 is the goal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2020, 11:56 AM   #10
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I was exicted for this build. Then i saw the spray bomb bay
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:30 PM   #11
Djetok

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
I was exicted for this build. Then i saw the spray bomb bay
Yeah well he's 13. Its temporary anyways. He wanted to cover all the area that we sanded. The painter will re spray the entire car and bay

Old 08-25-2020, 01:25 PM   #12
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I would have covered the bay in a rust preventative rather than spray bomb it. It's going to be a pain to sand through that to get a nice coat of paint on it - especially if it's leaving shortly but that's in hindsight.

Kudos for you for supporting your sons' dreams especially funding a race build for him to enjoy. I wish you both the best of luck and know that any son is lucky to have such a supporting father like yourself. I will continue to the follow the build and I hope you continue to inspire those other parents out there to get their sons involved in something their passionate about.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:40 PM   #13
Djetok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
I would have covered the bay in a rust preventative rather than spray bomb it. It's going to be a pain to sand through that to get a nice coat of paint on it - especially if it's leaving shortly but that's in hindsight.

Kudos for you for supporting your sons' dreams especially funding a race build for him to enjoy. I wish you both the best of luck and know that any son is lucky to have such a supporting father like yourself. I will continue to the follow the build and I hope you continue to inspire those other parents out there to get their sons involved in something their passionate about.
Thanks for kind words.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:37 PM   #14
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
you're going to swap a manual car to automatic? whyyyyyyyyyy

get that kid a manual box so he won't be laughed off the track
Old 08-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #15
Djetok

The auto 10speed keeps the revs up and keeps the boost up. Otherwise his corners will be flat.

His shifter Kart that he races is manual.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:25 PM   #16
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
The man has clapped back with full force.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 05:33 PM   #17
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Lol...wanna see more pics!!
Old 08-27-2020, 09:00 AM   #18
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Subscribed for the pics!
Old 08-28-2020, 12:18 AM   #19
hektik13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (37)
hektik13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
What info do you want to know you can also check my Instagram @hektiks14. I currently run this setup witha dogbox t56 and a dry sump oil pan and I had to drop the subframe 3/4 in to get sump and everything to fit
hektik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #20
Djetok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hektik13 View Post
What info do you want to know you can also check my Instagram @hektiks14. I currently run this setup witha dogbox t56 and a dry sump oil pan and I had to drop the subframe 3/4 in to get sump and everything to fit
Thanks for the info on the pm's

Old 09-04-2020, 08:13 AM   #21
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
more pics please.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:46 AM   #22
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
The auto 10speed keeps the revs up and keeps the boost up.

In a truck application, i've driven the 6 speed and the 10 speed, and I absolutely hated the 10 speed. the 6 speed is stout, and they're deep in the 8 second 1/4 miles with them. They're stout.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 12:11 PM   #23
Djetok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
In a truck application, i've driven the 6 speed and the 10 speed, and I absolutely hated the 10 speed. the 6 speed is stout, and they're deep in the 8 second 1/4 miles with them. They're stout.
I have as well. I have owned a new f150 every 2 years for one of my businesses. My '15 was a tuned 3.5 with upgraded turbos, down pipe, intercooler and other items. The tune was great on the engine, but the trans is still tuned to pull stuff. The roush nitemare truck that I just traded on the M car , had the same pulling tune. It has a lot to do with the weight. The mustang obviously weighs less and the trans tune is different. When built it will all be tuned on his dyno with HP tuners

Old 09-10-2020, 01:28 PM   #24
S14rebuild
BANNED

3 pics in the thread.....dissapointed to say the least
Old 09-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #25
Djetok

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
3 pics in the thread.....dissapointed to say the least
Sorry. There is not a lot going on at the moment. We have a 19 mustang at a insurance auction that we are going to buy at the auction when it runs in the next couple of weeks.

Old 09-10-2020, 02:21 PM   #26
S14rebuild
BANNED

Ahhhhh, well tuned in for updates