Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
WheelWhore
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
WheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hot Wheels Thread... (any collectors?)

Searched with no results.

Any collectors in here?

I started collecting back last year. Mainly looking for Hondas/Nissans and any Treasure Hunts.

Here's todays find:

Some of my collection:

WheelWhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I have a few hundred hotwheels
Several dozen 1/18 from Hotwheels, Maisto, Sunstates and a couple of other companies.
I will find pics and share sometime soon

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
If you want some good Nissan die-cast models, try Kyosho.
https://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/diecast/

Their attention to detail is amazing. The headlights flip up, the seats move, and all that stuff.

Also look up Bburago.
As a kid I used to have a bunch of their models.
http://www.bburago.com

This one in black was probably the best one I had. I wonder where it is now.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice! I have about a hundred of random Hot Wheels in packages...probably nothing special tho. just old ones and new.
NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Zilvias ability to find stupid shit to spend your money on never ceases to amaze me.

With that said... I do have an S13 Siliva and AE86 Hotwheels around here somewhere. I'll try to dig them up...
Old 07-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Waaaaaay too many from the early 90's until now. I love them, but HWs don't display well packaged and take up so much god damn space.

OP - quit hoarding and leave some for the kids, yeah?
Old 07-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #7
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Zilvias ability to find stupid shit to spend your money on never ceases to amaze me.

With that said... I do have an S13 Siliva and AE86 Hotwheels around here somewhere. I'll try to dig them up...
Yes, because spending on 25 year old cars that will never be worth the cash we put in them is SOUND investing, lol.

I love my models, I really do.

And I write too!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
1990 240sx Rb25
Leaky Injector

1990 240sx Rb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
U looking for any fast and the furious ones I have over 30 of them I want to sell
1990 240sx Rb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:38 AM   #9
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
I usually only buy ones after the cars I like in real life, usually haha. I did manage to find the #38 Champion Racing Porsche GT-1 at a collector store near my fiance's parents house. It's not a Treasure Hunt or anything, but I like their livery cars.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
have a few skylines, Datsuns, RX7s, ect. Things I enjoy in real life. Have some bigger 1/8th scale too, but mostly just cheap entertainment when we are wondering target or w/e.

As far as hobbies go, something that costs $0.97 every now and again isn't bad. the 510s and R32s are by far my favorite.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #11
smokescreen240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
smokescreen240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

my only one. i just bought it Tuesday.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #12
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I think kyosho can stay out of this and so can 1:18, I would keep this stuff to 1:64 scale. Because there is already a model collectable car thread from back in the day, that mainly dealt with larger scale cars. I have a few thousand hotwheels, and they are mostly Nissans, jdm and muscle cars, very few cars are not real cars, unless you count the hommer and the snoopy car ect.

If you dont know check out lamelygroup blog.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #13
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
my mom works for Mattel, i have a bunch of pretty rare ones she brings home from work. i even have a 1969 Don Prudhomme racing Hot Wheels still in the package. also a bunch from the Toy Fairs my mom used to go to in new york.

ill take pictures tonight
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:01 PM   #14
WheelWhore
Zilvia Addict

WheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymore
^lucky.

I dont do the made up cars. I like to keep it to the real ones. I have the cartoon ones though like:

Flintstones
Simpsons Car
Jetsons Car
etc etc
Old 07-15-2014, 10:19 PM   #15
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I wish my mom worked at matel.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #16
WheelWhore
Zilvia Addict

Today's find:

Old 07-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #17
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sorry no hotwheels, but i picked up these at nissanjam a few weeks back, couldnt resist

also, the vendor's table (picture was before i decided to buy what i wanted, in which he had more)
Old 12-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #18
KR5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
KR5 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Some of My Hotwheels Collection up For Sale

image1.JPG
Porsche 993 GT2

image2.JPG
Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X

image3.JPG
Nissan Skyline GT-R

image4.JPG
Datsun Bluebird 510

image5.JPG
Porsche 934 Turbo RSR

All are New and Unopened
I have duplicates and can combine shipments
*If interested please PM*
KR5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #19
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

If you're connected to me on FB, then you see this happening in realtime
I have expanded the collection hugely this year and the fun of collecting is back.

I created a Flickr album containing some of the fun ones I have acquired or otherwise found laying around my house.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsko8oj5B

And I write too!
Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #20
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
I probably have abt 300 hotwheels and matchboxes. loose and in package. hundreds of other sized diecasts too. lots of gens I got here holding on for a long time.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:29 PM   #21
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
my mom works for Mattel, i have a bunch of pretty rare ones she brings home from work. i even have a 1969 Don Prudhomme racing Hot Wheels still in the package. also a bunch from the Toy Fairs my mom used to go to in new york.

ill take pictures tonight
I used to work for mattel...

Used to see all them ebay nerds fighting at the toystore the of new shipment arrives lol

Old fat men going at it for a couple of bucks lmao.. Priceless
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #22
feadz

Trader Rating: (2)
feadz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
If you're connected to me on FB, then you see this happening in realtime
I have expanded the collection hugely this year and the fun of collecting is back.

I created a Flickr album containing some of the fun ones I have acquired or otherwise found laying around my house.
Cool super delorean, I haven't found that one yet. Is the 180 in the same case as the delorean??

I picked these up last week...
feadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:50 AM   #23
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by feadz View Post
Cool super delorean, I haven't found that one yet. Is the 180 in the same case as the delorean??
If you're speaking of the Hover Mode Delorean, I still have 4 that I am willing to sell to reasonable offers.
I HAD one extra 180SX (they have been ELUSIVE), but someone paid me for it last night and I will ship tomorrow.

And I write too!
Old 12-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #24
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

The 2016 models hit stores last Tuesday night/Wednesday morning ahead of the holiday shopping rush. I stopped by Wal Mart Wednesday afternoon for something completely different and wound up with like 15 new ones.
My Flickr album has been updated accordingly:

And I write too!
Old 12-02-2015, 12:55 AM   #25
Terry84

Terry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymore
Great hobby. I used to collect these in my childhood. Now I am involve in rc car hobby.
Terry84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #26
WheelWhore
Zilvia Addict

Found this one at an Autozone not too long ago.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:14 AM   #27
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I used to collect full series' when I was a kid. Now I just look for cool Japanese or classic cars.

I must say, however, that this fucking trend of capitalizing on HotWheels collectors is fucking disgusting. I hate it when I go to a local Target to look for the Kaido House Z and there are absolutely ZERO...then I go on IG and see that some middle-aged man hounded the kid in the toy department to bring out the boxes so he could raid them for all of the cool cars. Buys 20 Datsuns for ~$30 and then sells them for 5 times their original price. Total crock of shit.

Before you say that's just the 'game' or 'the early bird gets the worm' I'd like to let you know I disagree. I'm not religious but I'm pretty sure greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. That's all this is: greed. The same can be said about the guys that buy Japanese parts from Jesse Streeter and then turn them for a huge profit.

I finally found a Redline '72 Skyline at Autozone of all places.

I ended up finding two 180SXs in the wild (NEX and a random CVS) after I purchased one on eBay for $5
Old 12-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #28
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I used to collect full series' when I was a kid. Now I just look for cool Japanese or classic cars.

I must say, however, that this fucking trend of capitalizing on HotWheels collectors is fucking disgusting. I hate it when I go to a local Target to look for the Kaido House Z and there are absolutely ZERO...then I go on IG and see that some middle-aged man hounded the kid in the toy department to bring out the boxes so he could raid them for all of the cool cars. Buys 20 Datsuns for ~$30 and then sells them for 5 times their original price. Total crock of shit.

Before you say that's just the 'game' or 'the early bird gets the worm' I'd like to let you know I disagree. I'm not religious but I'm pretty sure greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. That's all this is: greed. The same can be said about the guys that buy Japanese parts from Jesse Streeter and then turn them for a huge profit.

I finally found a Redline '72 Skyline at Autozone of all places.

I ended up finding two 180SXs in the wild (NEX and a random CVS) after I purchased one on eBay for $5
I capitalize, but only on what I find in the wild. I don't hound anyone to open the boxes in the back at all, I keep my treasure hunts to myself and don't mind spending a Saturday in 3-5 different stores looking. For that, you can bet your ass I bought 4 of that 180SX and made 20ish bucks on the three I didn't keep. Made a bit on the Hover Mode Delorean too, still have 3 left.
I intend to do the same with this year's 180SX and the Fairlady Z.

And I write too!
Old 12-15-2015, 01:34 PM   #29
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I capitalize, but only on what I find in the wild. I don't hound anyone to open the boxes in the back at all, I keep my treasure hunts to myself and don't mind spending a Saturday in 3-5 different stores looking. For that, you can bet your ass I bought 4 of that 180SX and made 20ish bucks on the three I didn't keep. Made a bit on the Hover Mode Delorean too, still have 3 left.
I intend to do the same with this year's 180SX and the Fairlady Z.
Agree to disagree, I suppose. I only buy what I need. Opening the boxes up before they even get to the shelves is unforgivable, though. Those guys are total cunts. I have NEVER seen a Datsun 510 Wagon in the wild due to all the IG cunts in the San Diego area.

How much are you selling the Deloreans for?
Old 12-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #30
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
You gonna buy the Deloreans to keep Dizzariot, or do you plan on flipping a few?
If the latter.....you'll contradict your thread about collectors...lol
I only had hand-me-down hot wheels, and I handed them down again.
My favorite was the diablo, but meh...
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote