Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mountain States

Mountain States Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
steezzysteve

Trader Rating: (0)
steezzysteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Moving to Boulder

Hey all, I'll be going to CU Boulder in the fall and before I moved in I wanted to know how the car scene is around here. Everybody and their cousin owns a subie so I can guess that the STi game is pretty strong around here. Not going to have a car out her anymore but I would still like to get involved in the scene and buy something cool eventually.

Thanks
steezzysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Welcome!
Yeah, subies roll deep here. There are a few people from CO on here. Not really much of a 'scene' aside from the drift scene. Not a lot of meets or many shows and the CO nissan board is basically dead.

Good luck in Boulder, loved that town when I was there!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
steezzysteve

steezzysteve is an unknown quantity at this point
That's kinda lame. I thought with all the rich kids in boulder and all the empty space there would be a decent scene. It's funny how everyone in SoCal is into cars and there is nowhere good to let them loose but out here where it's perfect to mess around, no one is into it
steezzysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The difference is in CA, cars have a much higher level of importance in our daily lives. People see them as a status symbol, a tool for self-expression, etc. Car's are so integral to people's daily lives in CA that most people consider doing something to them, to make theirs speak to their personality a little more or to at least be a little more readily identifiable when they're parked in one of the countless rows of identical cars in the parking lot of South Coast Plaza.

Here... cars are simply a mode of transportation to most people. The most that people tend to do here (save for the oddballs like ourselves) is add a bumper sticker or two and add a roof rack for hauling their gear to the nearest bike trail/river/ski slope/etc.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:14 AM   #5
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
While I agree with some of the things Z said....not all of them. I moved from SF to Steamboat 2 years ago, and while the CO Nissan board is slow, there is a pretty vibrant car scene here overall, and it's less click ish than Cali. Pretty much everybody is welcome at events, there seems to be vibrant drifting, grip and tuning communities accross many platforms...Also the emissions laws here are pretty lax. Saw a real nice Lancia Delta Integrale up here recently ans i know theres several Skylines around too. Couple of dudes from NRR live down on the front range as do the folks who have already responded.

Welcome to the Rockies

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
Martreb

Martreb is an unknown quantity at this point
I have shown up to several of the drift events in my RHD s13 and no one wanted to talk about there setups or check mine out or anything. Feels like the groups are set and its hard to get into them.
Also apparently there is an illegal importer in Denver/Aurora area because I have been pulled over 4 times now to have my car checked to be sure it was not from this shop.
Martreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #7
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
^^^^^Bummer...we don't seem to have that problem in Routt county...Heck we don't even have emissions testing...

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote