Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Central States

North Central States Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #1
DangerousTides

Trader Rating: (0)
DangerousTides is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What happened to the Chicago area drift scene?

As far as I can tell, it's been dead for years. The only events are in Wisconsin, Indiana, or southern Illinois-too far for your average weekend drifter to travel. It's kind of sad, especially for such a large state. We haven't had a major drift event here since FD 2005 and a few Hot Import Nights that had pros out on a skidpad.

I've been kicking around the idea of starting some sort of grassroots organization since I came back home from the military in 2014. Outside of Formula D coming here twelve years ago, it's been nonexistent.

Would there even be a want for such a thing? Let me know your thoughts so I can gauge interest.
DangerousTides is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2017, 06:58 PM   #2
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats a great ideal. Ive been traveling to Wisconson for a few event, but don't plan on doing that anymore. Last event I went to, the average amount of runs you were able to get in a 8hour period was 3-4. Thats ridiculous.

Clubfr is pretty sweet but 4 hours away.

The drift seen now its just a bunch of clapped out miatas, e36s, and schassis going to ozinga. There are still some people dir, but its of course the people that have been doing it for years.
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:51 PM   #3
DangerousTides

DangerousTides is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy- View Post
Last event I went to, the average amount of runs you were able to get in a 8hour period was 3-4. Thats ridiculous.
See, that's unacceptable. How are you supposed to get comfortable while sliding your car in four runs?

I don't want to have to drive most of the day to be able to drift for an hour. I need to get my money's worth. Folks, let me hear from you. We'd just need a large parking lot. Arlington race course has one and so does Hawthorne race course. Both aren't used very often and might be open to the idea. Just need to know that there's a need for drift days. Autobahn in Joliet has a skidpad, but I've never seen drifting there.
DangerousTides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #4
apex128
Zilvia Member

apex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enough
Driftchitown at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, Wisconsin is not too far away. It's a skid pad but they said they are thinking about adding a track in the future.
apex128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:58 PM   #5
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by apex128 View Post
Driftchitown at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, Wisconsin is not too far away. It's a skid pad but they said they are thinking about adding a track in the future.
They are getting ready to expand the skid pad, and ditched the 2 foot drop off on the side of the track YAY!

Sunday events are pretty much gonna be 5-6 passes. go on Thursday nights youll get a lot more seat time by the end of the night