Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Engine

Old 07-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #61
DRIFT-ELITE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
DRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruinDRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarywar View Post
Top 10 Trash Talker Statements and Facts

1. I won’t buy ebay cheap parts.
Fact: ebay is the biggest marketplace for performance parts, chances are all your parts on your cheap ass car are all from ebay.

2. Xyz is an ebay company.
Fact: again, ebay is the biggest marketplace, lot of companies sold on ebay, amazon, own website, anywhere can move the products. Chances are ebay has the lowest price for the EXACT same part.

3. These parts are made in china, I won’t put it on my car.
Fact: almost all of these parts are make in China anyway, directly or indirect. So don’t put any parts on your car at all. and throw away all your gadgets and underwear, because they are all made in China.

4. That part is going to break, cheap, bababah…
Fact: you don’t even own that part.

5. I only put “Brand name ABC” on my car.
Fact: can’t afford them.

6. I want to build my car 500+ HP.
Fact: don’t even know what 500HP really means and what it takes to build that kind of power and even when they do make the power, MF can’t even drive that monster.

7. I want to boost my car, a dual ball bearing GTxxx, fully built motor.
Fact: can’t tell the difference between a ball bearing vs a journal bearing turbo

8. Show me your dyno sheet:
Fact: can’t even read or understand the dyno graphic and the real meaning behind these #s.

9. I am a mechanic for 10 yrs, ASE certified.
Fact: Joe Doe noboby mechanic, can’t even take a simple part off the motor.

10. My Car is professional built and tuned.
Fact: all junk ass parts put together in the home garage.

And the real fact is the real people who really work on their cars don’t talk shit like this.

shit just got real bro...speak on it son
Old 07-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #62
Fatboy Garage
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
Fatboy Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Fatboy Garage
We appreciate the kind words and also the negativity. Everyone has an opinion and we don't mind listening.

As far as warranty goes, if one of our Rods break. We will warranty the part no problem, no questions ask.

As far as a rod going through the side of a block, chances are if a rod really does go through the block it probably wasn't the rods fault. It could be detonation or a poor engine builder. I'm not saying it's not possible because of a poor rod but every engine builder knows it could be a combination of things. In the end we will not warranty anything else that was damaged with the use of our parts.

Again we appreciate the kind words and negativity. Thank you all and let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

- Godspeed Project

P: 626-442-3988
W:godspeedproject.com
www.facebook.com/godspeedproject
Fatboy Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #63
240dream
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240dream is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Obviously gs knows there rep isn't the best. If I spent alot of money at a machine shop hot tanking,blueprinting,decking ext would I put gs rods in unsure if they will fail and ruin my motor no. I think gs need to show facts, hp#'s what these rods can take and what it takes to break them. If they prove they are reliable why not buy them but until then..
240dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #64
RBfolife
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
RBfolife is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RBfolife
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle cat View Post
what a deal. I've always wanted a full built motor with a hole in the side of it. Ordering right nao!
^^^^^lmfao
RBfolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #65
DJ PoW
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
DJ PoW is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ PoW
why post if all your going to do is just talk shit and say "lmfao".
DJ PoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #66
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Garage View Post
We appreciate the kind words and also the negativity. Everyone has an opinion and we don't mind listening.

As far as warranty goes, if one of our Rods break. We will warranty the part no problem, no questions ask.

As far as a rod going through the side of a block, chances are if a rod really does go through the block it probably wasn't the rods fault. It could be detonation or a poor engine builder. I'm not saying it's not possible because of a poor rod but every engine builder knows it could be a combination of things. In the end we will not warranty anything else that was damaged with the use of our parts.
I really don't know how to put my thoughts into words, but I would LOVE to know how you can determine the true root cause of failure when someone ventilates a block. Sure we can point to detonation marks atop a piston and assume that's what cranked a rod out of it, but how can we say it wasn't soemthing else?

...I mean truthfully if a rod fails under normal usage, and tears apart an engine, I'd be PISSED. I know it happens, but to throw the 'we warranty our product' on an internal part is scary if you ask me...I view that as a 'hey it may happen, buyer beware' type comment. When I'm buying rods and pistons I don't even want to consider a warranty, as in the grand scheme of things, they shouldn't break, that's why I'm upgrading...ya know?

I'm not interested in Brand A vs Brand B arguments in regard to who makes the rods...bottom line is a rod shouldn't bust. To offer a warranty ona 60 dollar rod is cool and all, but when that engine tweaks a rod and rips the cylidner to shreads, the last thing on my mind is thinking 'oh cool, I get a free rod out of this mess'....

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #67
nu_born
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
nu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That's a good argument and that could really go either way. On the one hand it may be seen as a part of the whole "you get what you pay for" thing, where one may be purchasing a set of rods that is comparable to anything Greddy or HKS sells, but a bigger brand name company for all its expense may be more willing to compensate for any collateral damage.

On the other hand there is the point that should be considered that when one takes on this level of modification involving cracking the engine open and tooling around with the internal bits; you're sort of taking on a certain level of risk along with it, and it is to be understood that there is this chance of shit blowing apart and there is not much that can Greddy or Tomei will be able to do for you.

Whether you spend $60 or $600 you're taking the fate of your engine and all of its internals into your own hands the minute you (or a reputable shop) loosens the first cam journal bolt.

You're right though, a rod (or any other internal component) shouldn't fail, but it does happen and when it does I think the owner is boned whether there's a warranty attached or not.
nu_born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #68
TurboDaytona
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
TurboDaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240dream View Post
I think gs need to show facts, hp#'s what these rods can take and what it takes to break them. If they prove they are reliable why not buy them but until then..

THIS more than anything else.. You really need to push these things and give us proof... I want to see when these rods will fail... I would not mind buying a product that works.

Please.. We need more dyno sheets, Videos. Abuse the hell out of these and prove they work..
TurboDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #69
Hellother
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Hellother is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I tried to get actual information in a polite way and all I got was igored, so don't hold your breath on them providing any real data on their product. Thumbs down.
Is there mud and or oil involved?
Hellother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #70
TurboDaytona
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellother View Post
I tried to get actual information in a polite way and all I got was igored, so don't hold your breath on them providing any real data on their product. Thumbs down.

Sadly that seems to be the trend. Every time i ask for the the facts, it gets ignored.. Here and on other forums.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #71
jnkyrd240

Trader Rating: (1)
jnkyrd240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDaytona View Post
THIS more than anything else.. You really need to push these things and give us proof... I want to see when these rods will fail... I would not mind buying a product that works.

Please.. We need more dyno sheets, Videos. Abuse the hell out of these and prove they work..
Rods are not the thing that is going to fail first, it's the wrist pin, bearing,piston, and oiling. Stock rods can hold over 300hp.
jnkyrd240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #72
TurboDaytona
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnkyrd240 View Post
Rods are not the thing that is going to fail first, it's the wrist pin, bearing,piston, and oiling. Stock rods can hold over 300hp.
I know stock rods can hold 300. In fact, on KA-T.org there have been a number of 400hp KA's with bone stock engines. just good tuning..

How will these rods hold up?