Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #31
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan
“Kabura” is a Japanese term taken from “KABURA-ya”, an arrow that makes a howling sound when fired and was historically used to signal the start of a battle. The “first arrow into battle” depicts Mazda’s spirit of pursuing unique and exciting ventures - such as the rotary engine.

Mazda is declaring war... will Nissan stand tall? Or will we be hailing Mazda?
Nissan has the GTR and the Z...
Old 12-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #32
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
lol mazda has arrows we roll with m16's
Old 12-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #33
sccrstar011
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sccrstar011 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got to ride in a solstice today. I was actually surprised and impressed with the power it had. Would have been better if I could have driven it. I would drive one around town, but I dont think I would ever buy one because its a pontiac.
sccrstar011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #34
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves
ya like how toyota has the yaris, the xA, the xB and even the corolla.

i mean cmon, is it really that hard to imagine nissan making a 250sx to compliment the 350z using some parts from the z and the g35. its not like they dont have the parts already in place.

EDIT::: ANYONE ELSE CATCH THIS?

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=117849
So what if toyota has 3 mini cars. Were talking bout people whos in the market to buy something sporty or a legit sports car. That market isnt that big to begin with. To spend money in developing a vehicle that nissan will barely make money when they already have a bargain of a car in the 350Z, is just plain stupid. I mean look at the history of Nissan in the mid-90s. Z32s, NA, turbo version and 2+2 variants, with the addition of a pricey S-chassis that at that time were costing $25k brand new, nearly killed the company. Theyd rather try fill the $20k sporty car in their line up with the Altima coupe, than to build a completely different car. If they didnt do that and left that market open, then maybe they would or could have played with the idea. So yah Mazda is gonna make more rwd variant but if the RX-8 is any indication of their success, then i doubt that nissan will follow suit. There was so much HYPE with the RX-8 when it came out. It had the looks/styling (to some people), handling, but it lacked the power that people expected. I doubt the Miatas 2.0 will make me wanna buy it, stick the rotary in there and maybe itll fare better than the RX-8 since itll have a better power to weight ratio. Name any other successful light sporty rwd car out there that isnt a convertable and cost less than $25k.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:53 AM   #35
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
^
That market is changing. You have to keep up. If you rest on only what didn't work for you 15 years ago then your doomed. If you rest of what only worked for you 5 years ago your also doomed. Look at the dependancy on Domestic brands and SUV's. 5 years ago they couldn't make enough. Now with gas prices they can't give enough insentives to move them.

My point is, you have to adapt. You HAVE to be competetive. If you rest on your lorals you become stail.

GM has proved that this segment can be successfull. Did you think 5 years ago the General could make a car that actually was a good competitor for the Miata? No, you'da been outta your mind if you thought that.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #36
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
A big problem I see reguarding a new rwd lower level car for Nissan is the price. Do people not realise how ludicrously expensive Japanense sports cars were getting in the early mid 90's? Each of them started off as an everyday mans sports car but that went away in the 90's as they started to use as much electronic trickery and insane engineering possible.
They cost more then in 1995 dollars then a new 350z costs now.

Nissan filled the gap between s13 and z32 with the z33. So either when the GTR comes out they need to bump up a z model or you guys to need to accept whats going on here. Other companies though have left themself room for such a model.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #37
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
A big problem I see reguarding a new rwd lower level car for Nissan is the price. Do people not realise how ludicrously expensive Japanense sports cars were getting in the early mid 90's? .
Again like I stated...that was int eh 90's. Here in the 2000's bang for your buck is all around us ie WRX, Mazda Speed 3, Mini etc...

I'm not argueing so much that Nissan is going to "for sure" make a new car we want, but rather that there are going to be more cars in this segment that we are going to look forward to. I know I am. I'd loe for that purchase to be with Nissan, but if it doesn't happen, it seems we're going to get many other great options.

Your right though that the Z would have to bump up in price to probably the same as the G35 and also in HP.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:50 AM   #38
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Here is a perfect option for them to allow the z to become to a more wide spread audience. Up the price on the G35 and make it better!! Lower the price on the next Z EVEN MORE by not giving it so many fancy options. Make it to where it falls into the 25-30 price MAXIMUM compared to the 28-33 bracket.
The talks of the next rx7 are exciting. They want to make it like the first generation rx7 where technology was near irrelevant but a very fun car to drive and good to race. Direct injected rotaries will solve almost all emissisons problems while increasing power and gas mileage. Now they need to quit being so lazy and make it happen and throw variable displacement into the option. 270hp 25mpg 0 emission car. Come on Mazda!
The Kabura would also be getting double wishbone while I think the Miata is McPherson strut. Badassness
Old 12-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #39
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed
^
That market is changing. You have to keep up. If you rest on only what didn't work for you 15 years ago then your doomed. If you rest of what only worked for you 5 years ago your also doomed. Look at the dependancy on Domestic brands and SUV's. 5 years ago they couldn't make enough. Now with gas prices they can't give enough insentives to move them.

My point is, you have to adapt. You HAVE to be competetive. If you rest on your lorals you become stail.

GM has proved that this segment can be successfull. Did you think 5 years ago the General could make a car that actually was a good competitor for the Miata? No, you'da been outta your mind if you thought that.
I don't quite agree. You have to keep up if you want to be one of the competitors. If you want to be a *leader*, you must go beyond "keeping up" to keeping up and moving ahead, and staying ahead.

Toyota has no problem entering any segment they choose to because they have the raw mfg capacity, capital, and engineering power...and if need be, cash to pay for someone that has the brains they need.

The Prius was a genre buster. The WRX created a segment. Here, Nissan is following...not just Mazda, but GM?

cue drift freaq to tell me the Nissan Quest is the greatest, most innovative Minivan of all time.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #40
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
I don't quite agree. You have to keep up if you want to be one of the competitors. If you want to be a *leader*, you must go beyond "keeping up" to keeping up and moving ahead, and staying ahead.
That was essentially my point.

Yea, isn'y it funny that GM potenitally is going to lead the way with this segment? I give GM a lot of credit for some of their decisions as of late.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #41
wootwoot
Post Whore!

At this point they have less to lose?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:33 AM   #42
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Anyone else heard the rumors of a pumped up '07 350Z track? Stripped down weight, hard core suspension, a power boost (think i read it at freshalloy).

C'mon Nissan...do it...the '08 is right around the corner, just give us a little teaser for the GT-R by giving us ONE TRIM LEVEL for ONE YEAR that's a truly exciting car....320hp, 3000lb curb weight..you can do it...aint askin for that much
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:56 AM   #43
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
if the new rx7 makes it out here and it doesnt suck like the rx8 i think i might just get that. hope its boosted thought cuz i hear s2k's can be rx8's and that is pretty fukkin sucky
Old 12-13-2006, 07:42 AM   #44
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
Anyone else heard the rumors of a pumped up '07 350Z track? Stripped down weight, hard core suspension, a power boost (think i read it at freshalloy).

C'mon Nissan...do it...the '08 is right around the corner, just give us a little teaser for the GT-R by giving us ONE TRIM LEVEL for ONE YEAR that's a truly exciting car....320hp, 3000lb curb weight..you can do it...aint askin for that much
I don't frequent FA, but I've not heard anything about such a model.

You may be thinkin of the Euro 350z concept that Nissan had a few months back.

The 07 model did get a slight refreshening http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/05/n...ew-vq-in-350z/
Old 12-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #45
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187
if the new rx7 makes it out here and it doesnt suck like the rx8 i think i might just get that. hope its boosted thought cuz i hear s2k's can be rx8's and that is pretty fukkin sucky

Why did the rx8 suck so bad? The reason a lot of people are slow in them is the same reason why some people are slow in s2000's. You REALLY have to fuckin ride those bitches out. in an rx8 you need to take it to 9500 and then be able to shift reallllly quick. I think the rx8 is an awesome car, people were just expecting it to be like the rx7. Its not an rx7, its an rx8.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:12 AM   #46
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
It's funny becuase I comment all the time that at EVERY auto-X event I do (either participating or spectating) people driving RX-8's SUCK! I don't think I've ever ran slower times then one, and I have a stock 240 hatch on all seasons.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #47
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

i guess people arent used to shifting at 10k rpms lol. i think in the autoX u dont even need to shift those cars with such a high ass limit
Old 12-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #48
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
2nd gear all day
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:38 AM   #49
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yea I never shift outta second. I see no reason to have to in a RX-8.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #50
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx
Name any other successful light sporty rwd car out there that isnt a convertable and cost less than $25k.
you're right I can't name one car (im sure u wont accept mustang as an answer). Know why? Cuz everyone left the segment and now GM is reviving it.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #51
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
20k.
coupe (more like roadster....)
ftw.

MR tho....

Old 12-13-2006, 03:20 PM   #52
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
Is that sold here in the states? If not, it's useless.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #53
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

wtf is that? look at the suspension. thats so kewl lol
Old 12-13-2006, 11:39 PM   #54
Ethix
Leaky Injector

Ethix has a spectacular aura aboutEthix has a spectacular aura aboutEthix has a spectacular aura aboutEthix has a spectacular aura aboutEthix has a spectacular aura aboutEthix has a spectacular aura about
I think that's a kit car built off an Accord chassis. A 3SGTE or something similar would be pretty nice in one of those.

EDIT: Here's a link http://www.attackforums.com/

-Mark
Ethix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:36 AM   #55
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethix
I think that's a kit car built off an Accord chassis. A 3SGTE or something similar would be pretty nice in one of those.

EDIT: Here's a link http://www.attackforums.com/

-Mark
That is pretty BA. The name is pretty gay though.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #56
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
I read through this thread again, WHY hasn't anyone brought up the fact that Nissan is rebuilding from a hole it fell in back in the late 90's? One of the Main reasons the s-chassie went out of production was the fact that Nissan almost went bankrupt. We even lost the Z!

I'm thankful that the company is turning around, the Nissan - Renault merger went for the better! The Z sold like mad and we are heading for the new GTR. The Nissan Altima is the best selling sedan off the lot, its only right that they release a sporty coupe. Along the new Altima, we have the new Sentra... Hopes of a new light weight coupe is on the horizon. One step at a time, and I believe signing this petition will help:

Nissan North America, Inc bring back the 240SX to the USA and Canada
http://www.petitiononline.com/240SX05/petition.html

^Any effort helps, forward it to all you friends, family, and co-workers.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:07 PM   #57
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I signed it. Unfortunatly I don't think 2800 signatures is gonna be enough.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:18 AM   #58
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
ive never heard of anything from petitiononline's petition ever actually working, thats why nobody cares about it
Old 12-15-2006, 09:04 AM   #59
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Autoblog is reporting about 240/200sx/Silvia rumors now. I consider them to a be a very good source too.I like that if they find the info they have to be false or not accurate they will change or get rid of it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/15/n...a-replacement/

Same news over at Leftlane.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/12/...00sx-sucessor/
Old 12-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #60
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

nissan just made me happy in my pants. +1 for you