Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-26-2022, 11:08 AM   #31
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
max no one wants to buy NFTs of your butthole.
That?s not what my OnlyFans fan said!
Old 06-11-2022, 05:10 PM   #32
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
I used to do web dev work.

I started an after-hours tire change service as a side gig, and as I grew more and more tired of what I'd been doing the past 15 years, I decided to turn my side gig into my full time thing in the past year. It's called Goodnight Tire Service, and I help people from 3pm-11pm M-F and on Saturday mornings.

Now, I do DJ activities for my side gigs, like weddings, parties, etc. Life is cool sometimes; it's nice to be flexible.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 10:47 AM   #33
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I started doing automotive wiring. Been doing it for years for my own projects, helping out friends do installs on stuff, etc etc. COVID really gave me the free time I needed while teleworking. Started making adapter harnesses and that's really taken off to the point where I've been able to float the expenses of R&D on products, materials, build methods for my own learning, build a drift car, and stash a little money away for the next stage. I'm finally making headway towards that doing chassis harnesses now with 3 already done this year, 1 working, and 2 jobs waiting.

I really do enjoy it and have always wanted to move towards making it my full time endeavor. Been a hard proposition to sell to myself but a few things will fall in to place to change that in the next couple months.
Old 06-14-2022, 11:47 AM   #34
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Day job: Product design engineer

Side gig: automotive mechanical and bodywork, light fabrication projects, and 3d printed parts gig www.garage-emperor.com. Recouperating from covid unemployment has left me less time to work on the parts business (long hours in product design), but we are pushing forward to steel/aluminum products and some more odds and ends.

Been thinking of transitioning to some web dev to allow some more flexibility for automotive endeavors.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:53 AM   #35
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Main gig: Analyst for Social security. Work a Hybrid schedule

Side gig: Amazon turk.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:14 PM   #36
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Buy / sell / trade pitbike/dirtbike(s) and parts and the occasional vehicle.
This past few weeks (since memorial day) has been spent parting out a 240. It has proved to be a worthy invesment.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 09:59 PM   #37
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
I started doing automotive wiring. Been doing it for years for my own projects, helping out friends do installs on stuff, etc etc. COVID really gave me the free time I needed while teleworking. Started making adapter harnesses and that's really taken off to the point where I've been able to float the expenses of R&D on products, materials, build methods for my own learning, build a drift car, and stash a little money away for the next stage. I'm finally making headway towards that doing chassis harnesses now with 3 already done this year, 1 working, and 2 jobs waiting.

I really do enjoy it and have always wanted to move towards making it my full time endeavor. Been a hard proposition to sell to myself but a few things will fall in to place to change that in the next couple months.

Sooo ummm...do you do muscle car wiring?

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:53 AM   #38
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Random thought, I may be old, but why does a lot of people have side gigs? I don't want to spend my time to work more after work. I just make sure my career pays enough so I dont need a side gig.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:19 PM   #39
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13 View Post
Random thought, I may be old, but why does a lot of people have side gigs? I don't want to spend my time to work more after work. I just make sure my career pays enough so I dont need a side gig.
The things I do in my "spare time" are more of hobby sorts of income, as opposed to career based income.

If I fix/flip/part out a dirtbike/vehicle and make some extra cash, or spare parts... its a win/win to me.

That aside, that extra money is extra money I can spend and not feel guilty about it. Good example: Tattoos aren't cheap: I don't need em, but I want em.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 01:00 PM   #40
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SilviaGirl View Post
Sooo ummm...do you do muscle car wiring?
Haven't done one yet but the principles are usually the same regardless of the platform; the only real difference is functionality wanted.

The 800hp e36 drift car I did last season has an analog power system with like 5 relays and 6 fuses. Meanwhile the MK4 I'm working on now has a 17-circuit solid state PDM with full power everything, heated seats, and working HVAC.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:28 PM   #41
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Not always about making ends-meet. I'd say a majority of the folks are working more towards building a foundation of their own business that they can transition to full time. That's how it is for me at least. My 9-5 pays more than enough to sustain our lifestyle and hobbies but I don't necessarily want to do it for the next 30 years either.

While I make about 2/3 my salary doing this ~15hr/wk. I could probably make up that final bit and beyond by fully focusing on it but there are other factors keeping me from doing it like keeping the jobs rolling in, ensuring we have at least one stable revenue stream, health insurance, etc etc. Yes, I'm burning the candle at both ends, sometimes 18-20hr days, maintaining a functional family life and its freaking exhausting.

Ask a business owner, successful entrepreneur, or any financially independent individual how they did it and most of them grinded that shit out until they made it.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:59 AM   #42
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Boredom. And everyone's value of time is different...

Also, at some point if you are a savvy investor or entrepreneur, you need to have play/gambling money.

I purely look at side gigs as a way to max out my current earnings potential. For example, my work has matching 401k up to $1000 per month. That's an extra $12k they are offering me if I put money aside.

If I do something on the side that allows me to put that amount of money aside per month, then I'm essentially doubling my side gig.

Everyone has their own motivations. I used to just do a bunch of random side stuff, put that money in a brokerage account separate from others, and use it as my vacation fund every so often. Never had to budget for vacations because I planned out the money ahead of time.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:11 PM   #43
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Great responses... I always been curious about why people do side hustle. For me, I just make sure my job/career pays way than enough so my spare time not working I can spend time with the kiddos.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:43 PM   #44
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Quote:
Great responses... I always been curious about why people do side hustle. For me, I just make sure my job/career pays way than enough so my spare time not working I can spend time with the kiddos.
Kiddo time is very important. But like, I am not working and would like extra cashflow to buy more toys...I have expensive ass hobbies. hahha

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 06-28-2022, 05:30 PM   #45
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SilviaGirl View Post
Kiddo time is very important. But like, I am not working and would like extra cashflow to buy more toys...I have expensive ass hobbies. hahha
I have expensive ass hobbies too!! I just gave them up to save $. Replacing them with time with the kiddo really helps and I guess it more enjoyable. Just don't tell the wife I made this comment. LOL.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:50 PM   #46
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Quote:
I have expensive ass hobbies too!! I just gave them up to save $. Replacing them with time with the kiddo really helps and I guess it more enjoyable. Just don't tell the wife I made this comment. LOL.
Hahaha I wont. But my hay costs for the horses has more than tripled in the last 8 years...I usually cut and bale my own...but thanks drought and state...I am not legally allowed to water my hay or pastures without $10k in fines and possible loss of water rights (even though they are basically an expensive ass piece of paper at this point).

Cars are on the back burner, but still tinker with them here and there.

My Review Thread

Quote: