Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
coupster
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
coupster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
knock it off with the knockoff!!!!

Not to sure if the top pick has been covered by its own thread but I'm going to let you know right now that you pay for what you get. I recently began a S13 RHD SR swap and like everyone else I went in and bought a whole lot of parts to make my build as fun as possible. Now some people think I am crazy for all of the work I have put into my car and I would tell them they are crazy and I would do it all over again if I had the chance. Now getting to the point I want to say that I did not go cheapo on all of my parts but my exhaust was a Godspeed special. I think I paid $275 shipped and let me tell you from the start I was impressed with the welds and how clean they looked. Well on start up the exhaust was a little loud for me but that first drive was something else. With a new clutch master 6 puck and Fidanza light weight flywheel not broken in I tuck the car out for an ease drive. to my surprise the can insulation ejected itself along with the silencer in the can. But wait that is not it, with a closer inspection the back of the can opened up as well. so let me be the first many to say I am done with knock offs. By the way this exhaust was purchased from an ebay seller Aerosports who hung up the phone on me when I simply and calmly asked for a replacement.

So if you value your money stay away from Godspeed and the other ebay items. your only going to waist your money and get a sketchy item!!!!!!!!!!

I am inviting all of my Zilvia brothers to post up their experiences so we as a community can benefit from each others experiences!!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL KEEP SPINNING THOSE TIRES!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
801nismo104
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
801nismo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
cool story
Old 11-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
F20cS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
F20cS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Godspeed is horseshit
I think peoples biggest misconception is because they see these brands advertised n magazines. Just because you see Godspeed crap in magazines doesn't mean there reputable, its called PAID advertising. And I understand the appeal as this pertains to mostly cheap minded individuals.

And people who say: well if it blow/breaks I'll just replace it.
.......I get so sick of the Godspeed bandwagon. Skunk2 borders on this subject as well.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
well it sounds like your bad customer service came from EBAY and not Godspeed. Have you called Godspeed and asked them what they will do for you? I know some of the dudes down there are more than helpful. ;D

I've rocked Godspeed arms, and have yet to have a complaint.

Just because you got the 1 bad item, doesn't mean you should bash everything they sell. Just sayin....
Old 11-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 11-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
TLDR

Cliff notes: Florida
Old 11-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
F20cS13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
TLDR

And a bad experience on eBay doesn't result I an exhaust being made like shit? What an irrelevant comment

What is with this gay bieber shit?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by F20cS13 View Post
And a bad experience on eBay doesn't result I an exhaust being made like shit? What an irrelevant comment

What is with this gay bieber shit?
yes, cause every manufacturer is perfect.

I wonder what my buddy should do about his stance coils snapping in half. Maybe no one should buy stance ever again.

yeah....right.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
F20cS13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
yes, cause every manufacturer is perfect.

I wonder what my buddy should do about his stance coils snapping in half. Maybe no one should buy stance ever again.

yeah....right.
I think stance has a better rep then shitspeed. Care to start a pole?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #10
Wheelchair
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Wheelchair is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
What's a pole? Flagpole?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
coupster
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I agree 100%
Old 11-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
You are right, but what does that have to do with a one time problem making the conclusion that ALL godspeed parts are garbage. If that was the case then the FD Rookie of the year wouldn't run those parts. ;D
Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #13
coupster
Leaky Injector

Ok everybody you have to take into consideration the proper installation of these Items. I installed an exhaust not coilovers. I am not saying that you friend did not install the coilovers incorrectly but what I am saying is the POS i bought had no reason on my end for exploding on me. If I would have bought a HKS high power this would have never happened. Bottom line you pay for what you get, it cost half the price of the name brand not only because of the brand name but because the high end brands have to keep up with their standards!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
TLDR

ohhhh, that explains everything. I should have noticed. ;D
Old 11-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #15
Wheelchair
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Wheelchair is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
TLDR

HAHAHAHAHA!

Writingyourpostswithoutgivingpausesmakesitverydiff iculttoread.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #16
s14fbs
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
s14fbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14fbs
Quote:
TLDR

hahahahahaha thats awesome but so true
Old 11-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #17
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
TLDR

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
Old 11-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (54)
zspeedrft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
i hate knockoffs.....especially those guys from jdm sports with their plastic parts
Old 11-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #19
F20cS13
Zilvia Member

It had to do with reputation. Not overall product individuality... and a fully built car with name parts doesnt mean shit. You can always make an accurate product for your show/sponsorship vehicle, its another to produce them on a grand scale with outstanding results.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #20
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
It had to do with reputation. Not overall product individuality... and a fully built car with name parts doesnt mean shit. You can always make an accurate product for your show/sponsorship vehicle, its another to produce them on a grand scale with outstanding results.
what?

fully built car would put more stress on these so called shitty parts. I'm sure odi looked into them before installing them on his car. I've showed the arms that sit in my living room to bmw mechanics, fd drivers, even a few people that weld, they say the welds look like shit, but the fact is it's welded all the way through.

Look i'm sorry you don't like godspeed, you may have had a bad experience in the past, but I strongly believe that people/things change.

You know how many times I have customer say they won't buy firestones because of what happened on the Fords in 98.....THAT WAS OVER 10 YEARS AGO. Can you imagine the amount of change from then till now.

If your gas pedal on your prius stuck, would you call all toyotas shitbags? Each and every one before and after the problem.....
Old 11-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #21
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Lots of waisting time, pole voting and squirrels jumping into mufflers in this top pick.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #22
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
ur a ricer i hope ur car catches on fire!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #23
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Boosts View Post
ur a ricer i hope ur car catches on fire!
You can't spell correctly! So shut your mouth. You're just being a typical internet douche.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #24
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
lol start a pole? how the fuck do you do that?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #25
s14j
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (72)
s14j is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
this already has been covered 4785946857489232875834 times.

you pay for what you get easy as that. who cares people are gonna buy what they what when they want.

its been coveredddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddd

Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #26
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
These rants tend to bother me. I know most people think all knockoffs are shit, but popular brands aren't always great either. Every once in a while you get a 'bad apple'. Also, some companies (like hks iirc) have their turbos made by a different company, that company also decided to start selling the same turbo without the hks stamp for less. Same exact quality, just not 'name brand'... knockoff?

I had the same thing happen to me on a drive one night, and iinm it was an rs-r exhaust.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #27
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam
Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
These rants tend to bother me. I know most people think all knockoffs are shit, but popular brands aren't always great either. Every once in a while you get a 'bad apple'. Also, some companies (like hks iirc) have their turbos made by a different company, that company also decided to start selling the same turbo without the hks stamp for less. Same exact quality, just not 'name brand'... knockoff?

I had the same thing happen to me on a drive one night, and iinm it was an rs-r exhaust.

Looks like your exhaust prolapsed
Old 11-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #28
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

OMG A RSR EXHAUST HAD PROBLEMS.....

this is what I was talking about. There is always a bad apple...doesn't mean all apples in the tree are bad.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #29
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
^Nothing to feel bad about... shit happens. I even laughed when I saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
OMG A RSR EXHAUST HAD PROBLEMS.....

this is what I was talking about. There is always a bad apple...doesn't mean all apples in the tree are bad.
That's what I was getting at.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #30
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
^Nothing to feel bad about... shit happens. I even laughed when I saw it.

That's what I was getting at.
Question is, how fucking old is that exhaust?!?! Considering it was probably passed around like a dirty whore, parts arent built to last forever. I had a Blitz NurSpec do the same thing on my first S14, mind you, I've had the exhaust for over 6 yrs when it did it and the car was slammed to the ground.

But in all honesty, nobody really gives a fuck about this thread. People will do what they want to do and buy whatever shit they can afford. Some folks can only afford knock offs, some can afford the name brand stuff, then we have idiots out here who thinks Pep-boys is a damn car accessory shop.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Closed Thread