Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #61
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
If there was a doing it right thread I'd post your build thread in it. You're doing great work, plz don't stop

Ps that is one beautiful turbski
Thanks! No brakes on this train! More parts get here tomorrow and progress can continue this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Liter_Turbo View Post
Everything is coming along pretty awesome man! You're probably going to get yours back on the road before mine is! LOL
Hopefully it all keeps moving at this pace, just need to suck it up and get out in the garage to finish up my subframe.

Test fitted some K20 coil packs today, they are soooo close to fitting with no work needed, guess I'll have to build some small brackets to get them mounted properly.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #62
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Sailor is a well-known jackass
Talk about a tight fit, those injectors are so very close to being categorized as a bolt on (beside the wiring of course). They look more than right at home between you valve cover though. Your engine could probably have a build thread of its own So many shiney parts
Don't forget about the shell you plan to drop this in, it need just as much if not more tender love and care
Keep going on this build! Waiting anxiously with more updates
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #63
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Talk about a tight fit, those injectors are so very close to being categorized as a bolt on (beside the wiring of course). .........
Wait........what??

RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:33 PM   #64
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Those RED S13 seats are fire!

Custom upholstery?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:41 PM   #65
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Talk about a tight fit, those injectors are so very close to being categorized as a bolt on (beside the wiring of course). They look more than right at home between you valve cover though. Your engine could probably have a build thread of its own So many shiney parts
Don't forget about the shell you plan to drop this in, it need just as much if not more tender love and care
Keep going on this build! Waiting anxiously with more updates
Thanks, everything kinda snowballed out of control, this was suppose to be a mild SR when I initially planned to do the swap

The chassis will be prep'd for the power, currently all of the suspension bits are sitting in my garage getting bushings, ball joints and arms replaced. Should be more than ready for the power once I get it back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Wait........what??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Those RED S13 seats are fire!

Custom upholstery?
I think they are some kind of fitted seat cover, there are zippers up the sides of the seats. They have seen better days, the car will get some new seats once we get it properly registered.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #66
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Sold off my FN01R-C's and snagged some new shoes for this turd. Regretted selling the first set of C5C2's I bought and was lucky enough to find another set recently. Such simple and appealing wheels, keeping the overall look period correct. They need some refinishing, but that kind of expected for such old wheels.

Before pictures, tearing them down this weekend to get the lips repaired and the faces/barrels powdercoated. Fronts are 17x9 +20 and rears are 17x9 +15, will let me keep the fitment I had with the FN01's.

Last edited by tb13; 08-23-2018 at 06:23 PM..
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:14 AM   #67
TriniTT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
TriniTT is on the path to ruinTriniTT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
If the adapters I'm thinking about are the ones you are talking about that you bolt the motor mount on to the cross member then bolt on that adapter to the motor mount bracket and drop it in I would highly recommend making your own mount brackets. That person's mount kit changes the leverage point on the mounts and pretty much compromises the entire mount structure on the long run. (unless you use solid alloy mounts), he got pretty butthurt at me and blocked me from his FB and the "Light weight" Z32 page after i denied using his mounts and posted pictures of my progress.
Hey Juan, I see you are spreading misinformation based on your own mistakes. You know you were banned from my group specifically for starting drama, as I repeatedly warned you would happen before you continued. I didn’t even factor in your personal bashing of me both in my group and through messenger - a fact that Franklin can corroborate and didn’t believe until I showed him screen shots. I even gave you a second chance and you immediately seized the opportunity to continue bashing me and my swap design repeatedly without missing a beat or providing any evidence.

Before you proceed in slandering my mount design, you’d be wise to provide evidence of such a flaw. From here it appears you are simply butthurt that I’ve spent my time and personal resources developing parts and interest in this swap while you were busy trash talking me due to your own lack of foresight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
The set that you can purchase now works, but it is a flawed design that places the weight of the engine on the motor rubber mounts in a way that will destroy them over time. With a setup like mine making 400+whp it is not a design that I would suggest relying on.
It’s awesome that you’re doing this swap! You're making good progress, hang in there. An awesome end result is just around the corner. If your comment about my mounts is based solely on what Juan has misinformed you, consider the fact that he has an agenda and a personal vendetta against me. He has zero interest in keeping things civil to foster a positive community for this swap.

With over 20 completed sr swaps from the USA to Australia, Japan and Europe, I’ve seen no complaints of any such compromise. My design was built using cad and places no undue stress on the mounts. A lot of time and research went into this design to factor in stress, affordability of the overall swap, and I make no profit off any mounts I sell. My investment in the z32 community stretches back decades, and my desire to provide an alternative option for helping keep as many of them on the road as possible is what drove my research.

Keep up the good work. I wouldn't rule out my adapters too quickly, they'll help you reach your goal much more easily. Check out Jimmy Oakes build videos on youtube for better insight.
TriniTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:53 AM   #68
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriniTT View Post
Hey Juan, I see you are spreading misinformation based on your own mistakes. You know you were banned from my group specifically for starting drama, as I repeatedly warned you would happen before you continued. I didn’t even factor in your personal bashing of me both in my group and through messenger - a fact that Franklin can corroborate and didn’t believe until I showed him screen shots. I even gave you a second chance and you immediately seized the opportunity to continue bashing me and my swap design repeatedly without missing a beat or providing any evidence.

Before you proceed in slandering my mount design, you’d be wise to provide evidence of such a flaw. From here it appears you are simply butthurt that I’ve spent my time and personal resources developing parts and interest in this swap while you were busy trash talking me due to your own lack of foresight.

It’s awesome that you’re doing this swap! You're making good progress, hang in there. An awesome end result is just around the corner. If your comment about my mounts is based solely on what Juan has misinformed you, consider the fact that he has an agenda and a personal vendetta against me. He has zero interest in keeping things civil to foster a positive community for this swap.

With over 20 completed sr swaps from the USA to Australia, Japan and Europe, I’ve seen no complaints of any such compromise. My design was built using cad and places no undue stress on the mounts. A lot of time and research went into this design to factor in stress, affordability of the overall swap, and I make no profit off any mounts I sell. My investment in the z32 community stretches back decades, and my desire to provide an alternative option for helping keep as many of them on the road as possible is what drove my research.

Keep up the good work. I wouldn't rule out my adapters too quickly, they'll help you reach your goal much more easily. Check out Jimmy Oakes build videos on youtube for better insight.
LOL dude , I don’t have a “personal agenda” to bash your product. When Franklin and I did his swap you sent me a PM asking about mount info I don’t recall if you were the dude who I forgot to reply to or told I wasn’t planning to make a kit / production. Then later when I started my swap you offered me your mounts and I kindly denied told you there was flaws in your kit and I could do a better job on my own.

Then your personal butthurt agenda to tell everyone how mean and shitty I am started. Which is fine by me because everyone who’s dealt with me (and trust me I’ve dealt with far more people in and out of the industry both through my business and during my time as Nissan’s Motorsport Director) that I’m just straight forward.

With that said I’m glad you’ve spent so much time developing parta and are moving forward with something you love. Understand basic leverage systems and materials before crying to the world about how shitty I am. maybe take a Physics 101 course at your local community college instead of being a cry baby. get over it I don’t like your mount design, I never have. If your mount design was good I would of proudly have bought it because it would of made my life easier when swapping my car years after franklins swap. It was obviously flawed enough that other members who know better and understand basic principles of load bearing, heat, vibration and leverage spent hours making our own mounts. Just because a YouTube guy used your mounts and street kids use your mounts doesn’t mean everyone in the world will.

I’m glad I was able to inspire you along with the guys in japan who did this swap before me to do something you like and turn it into a profitable small venture.

-Juan

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:53 AM   #69
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Looking good dude! Panasport G7 c5c2's are so dope, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what that G25 does turned up! Please tell me you got the .72 turbine housing?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:06 PM   #70
TriniTT
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
LOL dude , I don’t have a “personal agenda” to bash your product. When Franklin and I did his swap you sent me a PM asking about mount info I don’t recall if you were the dude who I forgot to reply to or told I wasn’t planning to make a kit / production. Then later when I started my swap you offered me your mounts and I kindly denied told you there was flaws in your kit and I could do a better job on my own.

Then your personal butthurt agenda to tell everyone how mean and shitty I am started. Which is fine by me because everyone who’s dealt with me (and trust me I’ve dealt with far more people in and out of the industry both through my business and during my time as Nissan’s Motorsport Director) that I’m just straight forward.

With that said I’m glad you’ve spent so much time developing parta and are moving forward with something you love. Understand basic leverage systems and materials before crying to the world about how shitty I am. maybe take a Physics 101 course at your local community college instead of being a cry baby. get over it I don’t like your mount design, I never have. If your mount design was good I would of proudly have bought it because it would of made my life easier when swapping my car years after franklins swap. It was obviously flawed enough that other members who know better and understand basic principles of load bearing, heat, vibration and leverage spent hours making our own mounts. Just because a YouTube guy used your mounts and street kids use your mounts doesn’t mean everyone in the world will.

I’m glad I was able to inspire you along with the guys in japan who did this swap before me to do something you like and turn it into a profitable small venture.

-Juan
Every time you respond to me I appreciate it, because you prove my point with your constant tone of disrespect. I never offered you my mounts, and you never denied or said anything regarding flaws in my design. In fact, the first time I heard you believed that was through other people telling me you had been spreading misinformation that there was some inherent flaw with their design that would cause premature and potentially catastrophic engine mount failure. And yet, you have never once laid hands on my mounts nor provided any proof of said flaw.

The fact is, you only began bashing me personally and my mounts when you realized I had spent years building up a fan base for the swap, and truly I heard nothing until Jimmy Oakes began his swap. I think it angered you so much that I was the one he was turning to, because in your narcissistic mind you fathered this swap by hacking up Franklin’s car before I developed an actual swap setup for it. You want to take credit for the swap, but you can’t with my successes in the way. The fact that you claim I’ve made it “into a profitable small venture” is a solid indicator, because in saying so, you admit I’ve been successful with my resources. And that drives you to anger and bashing.

You also seem to have issues with people that can’t benefit you in any way, whether financially or for your narcissistic reputation. I never told anyone you were mean and shitty. I simply explained to people what was happening behind the scenes because your slander against me is the antithesis to reality. I am about to prove that below with screen shots of our conversation.

When you make comments like “Understand basic leverage systems and materials before crying to the world about how shitty I am. maybe take a Physics 101 course at your local community college instead of being a cry baby”, it really shows what kind of person you are. Not that I need to dignify myself to you, but I earned my degree at Hong Kong University and I build and repair robots for a living. So perhaps you should finish your own community college degree before throwing insults at me for my education and background, about which you know nothing.

And nobody can provide any evidence that my mounts have any issues, because they don’t. The people you know who have made their own are people you persuaded that my mounts have a flaw, which says more about you than it does about my mounts. And of course for people with access to welding, you can cobble together your own mounts cheaper. But they won’t compare in quality or performance to my USA-sourced T6061 CNC mounts. I’ll let people decide for themselves if my mounts appear to be something manufactured my someone with a b-rate education and no structural engineering/cad background.

Our initial conversation and your response to my prototype mount design:

You asking me why I banned you from the group after your incessant drama mongering and bashing me personally, telling people I banned you because you refused to buy my mounts (from which I make zero profit). And proceeding to admit you were only posting drama because "it was fun, it's way easy to get you worked up":

So you admitted you persisted in posting drama after I repeatedly warned you that the continuation of which would get you banned from the group AGAIN. So quit lying to people, it's obvious that you have a personal problem with me and my success with this swap and there is nothing inherently wrong with my mount design. People can decide for themselves, but it's important for people to know both sides when one person is slinging accusations like you have been.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #71
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Quote:
Every time you respond to me I appreciate it, because you prove my point with your constant tone of disrespect. I never offered you my mounts, and you never denied or said anything regarding flaws in my design. In fact, the first time I heard you believed that was through other people telling me you had been spreading misinformation that there was some inherent flaw with their design that would cause premature and potentially catastrophic engine mount failure. And yet, you have never once laid hands on my mounts nor provided any proof of said flaw.

The fact is, you only began bashing me personally and my mounts when you realized I had spent years building up a fan base for the swap, and truly I heard nothing until Jimmy Oakes began his swap. I think it angered you so much that I was the one he was turning to, because in your narcissistic mind you fathered this swap by hacking up Franklin’s car before I developed an actual swap setup for it. You want to take credit for the swap, but you can’t with my successes in the way. The fact that you claim I’ve made it “into a profitable small venture” is a solid indicator, because in saying so, you admit I’ve been successful with my resources. And that drives you to anger and bashing.

You also seem to have issues with people that can’t benefit you in any way, whether financially or for your narcissistic reputation. I never told anyone you were mean and shitty. I simply explained to people what was happening behind the scenes because your slander against me is the antithesis to reality. I am about to prove that below with screen shots of our conversation.

When you make comments like “Understand basic leverage systems and materials before crying to the world about how shitty I am. maybe take a Physics 101 course at your local community college instead of being a cry baby”, it really shows what kind of person you are. Not that I need to dignify myself to you, but I earned my degree at Hong Kong University and I build and repair robots for a living. So perhaps you should finish your own community college degree before throwing insults at me for my education and background, about which you know nothing.

And nobody can provide any evidence that my mounts have any issues, because they don’t. The people you know who have made their own are people you persuaded that my mounts have a flaw, which says more about you than it does about my mounts. And of course for people with access to welding, you can cobble together your own mounts cheaper. But they won’t compare in quality or performance to my USA-sourced T6061 CNC mounts. I’ll let people decide for themselves if my mounts appear to be something manufactured my someone with a b-rate education and no structural engineering/cad background.

Our initial conversation and your response to my prototype mount design:

You asking me why I banned you from the group after your incessant drama mongering and bashing me personally, telling people I banned you because you refused to buy my mounts (from which I make zero profit). And proceeding to admit you were only posting drama because "it was fun, it's way easy to get you worked up":

So you admitted you persisted in posting drama after I repeatedly warned you that the continuation of which would get you banned from the group AGAIN. So quit lying to people, it's obvious that you have a personal problem with me and my success with this swap and there is nothing inherently wrong with my mount design. People can decide for themselves, but it's important for people to know both sides when one person is slinging accusations like you have been.

lol funny thing is you post Facebook messages but you’ve deleted or edited your comments about me in the group before “adding me”. I honestly don’t care about the years you’ve spent building a fan base and your kit. Congratufuckinglations man whatever makes you feel good. You keep bringing up things we have discussed and talked over. You can’t get over the fact that someone else has told you “I don’t like your design, it sucks” and keep crying acting like the big dick in the locker room BEGGING for public attention on how much better you are. I don’t care what you think, I know plenty of educated people. I used to baby sit engineers from UC’s and Cal state universities yet they turned to me for “how does this happen?” “Why is this happening”. So I’m going to stop derailing Brocks build thread with our personal nonsense with this. I’m not in the market to make SR20 Z32 swap kits, I never have been, never will be.
For a person with such a high education \ busy life building and fixing robots you have a ton of free time to beg every Z32 owner to swap an SR20 in their car and use your mount kit. I might be a narcissist asshole according to you, but at least I’m not a cry baby that can’t move past someone not liking something I made.

Review Thread
Old 10-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #72
TriniTT
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
lol funny thing is you post Facebook messages but you’ve deleted or edited your comments about me in the group before “adding me”.
Another lie. I deleted some of your comments after banning you for posting drama after warning you not to. I haven't posted a single negative comment regarding you. The only comments I ever posted about you was when Brock requested I add you, and I informed him why you weren't allowed in the group after your first banning. It was all fact-based, nothing personal against you. And then I gave you a second chance and you blew it within the first few minutes.

You've proven my point repeatedly. I'm simply clearing the air so people can see how emotional you get over me and that your comments against me are of a personal nature and unfounded. Thanks for helping me do that. Remember, this is you against me, not me against you. I'm only replying to your slander. It's never good to slander people and form a posse out of your own sense of inferiority, and this is that backfiring.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #73
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
excuse me, can we get to more updates about the car?
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #74
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Another lie. I deleted some of your comments after banning you for posting drama after warning you not to. I haven't posted a single negative comment regarding you. The only comments I ever posted about you was when Brock requested I add you, and I informed him why you weren't allowed in the group after your first banning. It was all fact-based, nothing personal against you. And then I gave you a second chance and you blew it within the first few minutes.

You've proven my point repeatedly. I'm simply clearing the air so people can see how emotional you get over me and that your comments against me are of a personal nature and unfounded. Thanks for helping me do that. Remember, this is you against me, not me against you. I'm only replying to your slander. It's never good to slander people and form a posse out of your own sense of inferiority, and this is that backfiring.
Last time I checked you were the emotional one in this subject and it has all always been personal from your end. You took my constructive criticism and took it as a personal attack. I think Stillens supercharger kit sucks, it was all CAD designed and he sells tons of them. Just because something is machined in America designed by college graduates doesn’t make them correct or the best. Yet I don’t see stillen repeadetly crying online to every customer who thinks the same way I do about their kit and beg for them to prove them wrong unlike somebody I know *gasps* get over it dude. The simple fact that we were discussing other engine swap options in your group was enough to ruffle your feathers about your page and how that’s not allowed in your page. Get over yourself, SR20’s or Z32’a aren’t gods gift to the tuner culture. If your kit truly is doing as well as you claim it is and you care so little why are you making such a big deal out of old news? I wish we could have this conversation in person so you can truly see how little I care about you and your opinion.

P.S. sweet updates coming soon from Brock.

P.S.S. Mods sorry for this nonsense I’ll stop contributing to this nonsense now.

Review Thread
Old 10-05-2018, 10:16 AM   #75
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
May the God of peace and patience be with you guys.

I would like to see updates on this build!
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:01 PM   #76
RetsonRoss

RetsonRoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Gotta subscribe to this! This build is proper!
RetsonRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:36 PM   #77
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Long overdue update of sorts, finally got off my ass and got my rear subframe prep'd for solid bushings. I nearly lost my sanity doing my S13 solid bushings and wasn't about to break out the hack saw for this. I bought myself an air hammer and Snap-On sheet metal cutting bit. Those sleeves didn't stand a chance, bashed them out with minimal damage to the subframe in no time. Cleaned up the front and rear subframes, rear is ready for new bushings and the front is ready for boxing/reinforcement.

I was having some trouble deciding on what ECU I was going to run, found someone local selling an AEM V2 with converted CAS so I snagged that up. Also grabbed a Wiring Specialties SR-Z32 harness for the AEM V2 setup for MAP/IAT/Flex Fuel. Need to modify the coil pack harness still, but all sensors are in hand. Once the engine is in the car it'll just be a matter of hooking everything up!

Got my Panasports re-finished too. Faces were re-painted silver with some pearl, lips repaired, re-polished and wrapped them in some Zestino Gredge 07R 255/40r17. Stoked to see how these look on the car.

Finished collecting parts for my oil cooler setup as well. Since I am stuck with the stock SR pan adding an oil cooler gives some extra peace of mind as it adds capacity. Whole setup consists of the following:

-Setrab 25 row core
-CZP Z32 oil cooler bracket
-Tomei N2 block
-Greddy/Trust Thermostatic oil filter relocation block

Lastly I picked up a steering wheel. I really didn't need it, but the OE wheel is ugly. Picked up a Tomei wheel and had an HKS horn button laying around. Really like how this setup looks, waiting on my Works/Bell hub and Rapfix QR to show up so I can throw in in the car.

Motivation has returned with having most of my parts in hand so I am going to try to get the car back to a roller and bring it home to get closer to driveable.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:18 PM   #78
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice project man!
Old 01-21-2019, 05:17 PM   #79
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen View Post
Nice project man!
Thanks!

Finished up my subframe yesterday afternoon, solid subframe bushings and some fresh rattle can makes it look brand new, but I ran into an issue. I purchased a set of GKTech solid subframe bushings well over a year ago for this project, on there site it does not show the Z32 as a supported chassis, but when I searched their site for "Z32" they came up so I just figured I'd buy them. I pressed them into the subframe and realized they aren't long enough to sit level with the subframe.

Not sure how I should move forward, should I just send it as is or find some way to fill that gap?

Old 01-21-2019, 06:05 PM   #80
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Think I would fill the gap, as the most solid part is bottom and top of the housing. Do you have a lathe? if so you can easily make some "spacerdiscs"
Old 01-22-2019, 05:58 PM   #81
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen View Post
Think I would fill the gap, as the most solid part is bottom and top of the housing. Do you have a lathe? if so you can easily make some "spacerdiscs"
I was thinking the same, posted on a local FB page and someone who has access to a lathe offered to mill down some spacers for me. That solves that problem, hopefully he can bust them out this week so I can get the subframe into the car this coming weekend.

Got my Works/Bell hub and Rapfix II QR today, FedEx lost it for a week in Japan and I was getting a bit worried, but it finally made it here. Super nice stuff, can't wait to throw it in the car and see how it looks.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #82
bardabe
Post Whore!

I still can't get over how rad your Panas are.

Review Thread
Old 02-03-2019, 03:17 AM   #83
SidewaySSS

SidewaySSS is an unknown quantity at this point
What an awesome build, gonna follow this one closely.
SidewaySSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:12 AM   #84
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
My buddy izzy has done several super clean sr z32s. He may be able to answer any snags you have along the way...though you do seem quite sorted his ig is izzy_z32
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:32 AM   #85
RVAE34
Zilvia Junkie

RVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really nice
Damn! That steering wheel....
RVAE34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #86
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I still can't get over how rad your Panas are.
I'm really happy with how they came out, going to set the ride height a bit lower than it was before to maybe tuck a little tire all around

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaySSS View Post
What an awesome build, gonna follow this one closely.
Thanks! I have a long weekend coming up so I'll try to make some good progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memberofthe600hpkaclub View Post
My buddy izzy has done several super clean sr z32s. He may be able to answer any snags you have along the way...though you do seem quite sorted his ig is izzy_z32
I know Izzy, his SR swapped Z is immaculate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
Damn! That steering wheel....
My thoughts exactly I've never had a proper aftermaket wheel setup in any of my cars, figured I should go all out if I was going to do it!
Old 03-16-2019, 10:04 PM   #87
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Update! Finally started putting shit back together!

Got my rear knuckles set with ES bushings, I will never put myself through the hell of installing these again. Front and rear LCA's got fresh bushings and ball joints as well.

Noticed one of my wheel bearings had excessive play when I went to reinstall it, I have no idea how I missed it when I took them apart... Finding replacement Z32 hubs/bearings is basically impossible so I picked up a set of S13/S14 conversion hubs, replaced both for good measure while its all apart. Still need to figure out how I'll space the ebrake pin out since these don't have the ear like the Z32 hub, but thats a small detail I can take care of when I get the car home.

Had Jon at Future Fab box in my subframe, he did an amazing job as usual. Threw some black rattle can on it and its ready to go back in the car for good.

Finally got some of the parts back on the car tonight, forgot some stuff so I had to leave it half done, but tomorrow it should sit back on the ground! Really not stoked with the GKTech arms I have for the car, they'll probably all come off for SPL stuff when I have some extra cash to blow.

I also have a TT steering rack for the car, fresh ES bushings and a chasebays reservoir. There is a pair of centric outer tie rods sitting with the car too, but I think I am going to pick up some proper adjustable ones after talking to a friend.

There is still a lot left to do, but hopefully I can knock it out quick and have the car running before summer hits...
Old 03-16-2019, 10:38 PM   #88
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Nice chunk of updates! It'll be sweet to see this thing back on the road soon.
Instagram: @SS.Maxey
2_Liter_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:54 PM   #89
bardabe
Post Whore!

look at that progress. looking good dude!

Review Thread
Old 03-17-2019, 10:34 PM   #90
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Suspension is back under the car, for the most part. Wasn't able to set it back on the ground, but everything is mounted up. Going to give everything a once over, eye ball the alignment and bring it home hopefully next weekend.

Got a chance to finally see my C5C2's on it and holy hell do they look good. I was really worried about the front brake clearance, another set of C5C2's I had didn't clear my Wilwoods, but these being GT-R spec have a high disk front face and clear with a few mm to spare. Absolutly love how the rotor almost completely fills the wheel face and the Wilwood logo peeks out between spokes.

Hated to walk away today without setting it down, but no need to rush things, I'll be back at it soon enough.