Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #751
P_856
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
P_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
when mounting z32 calipers to a s13 spindle/knuckle can i use the stock caliper bolts?
P_856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #752
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDips View Post
Hey guys,

I am new to S-chassis and I got my S14 zenki with a Redtop SR20 about 3 months ago. I just found out it had a Greddy emanage controller with a tune. The car has a T28 and was tuned @ 17 lbs with 300WHP before everything was removed. I bought the car with all the gauges and electronics removed. I was wondering if my car still has the tune without the emanage? If the tune and the emanage are gone is the car boosting stock boost? The car is running rich at the moment. Sorry for the noob questions but I didn’t want to make a new thread so this thread is great. I am planning to get a new ECU tuner and was wondering also if there are any that are at or around the price for a emanage that are better?
If the emanage is gone, the tune is gone. The emanage is a piggyback so it intercepts the stock signal and "tricks" the car into thinking something else is going on.

For the same-ish price, go with Nistune. Reprogrammable, fuel and ignition tuning, lots of support, AND not a piggyback. Nistune is a full programmable stock ECU essentially.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #753
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13 View Post
im trying to fix my windshield wiper. It works, but it ends at a 45* angle. so it looks like \ but in a 45*. I get the full sweep and all and it cleans my window but when its not raining and I turn it off, the wiper gets in my way and blocks my vision. Anyone know why?
Okay, I fixed my own problem. I just had to take out everything and reposition the whole motor starting point behind the cowl.

Anyways, now I got a new problem. When I put in the in the first on (intermediate - adjustable), it really on the 2nd on (constant -slowish), and the wiper won't stop if I put it back on the on position until I turn the car off. This is a s14 btw. Would this be the amp? If so, where is it in the s14?
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #754
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
whats the the most offset size rim i can run on a HB with no fender pull (just folding in the top lip...? im asking just for offset...the biggest rim ill consider running is a 17 incase info is needed

same question for the front, just hammered down lip, and with out needed modded wheel tubs...?

thank you in advance...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #755
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
whats the the most offset size rim i can run on a HB with no fender pull (just folding in the top lip...? im asking just for offset...the biggest rim ill consider running is a 17 incase info is needed

same question for the front, just hammered down lip, and with out needed modded wheel tubs...?

thank you in advance...
An offset is worthless without a rim width. 17x?. We need that part of the equation.

I am not an S13 fitment pro but I think like 17x9+15 would get you to where you want to be in the rear. Front maybe the same?

Did you look through the wheel fitment thread?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #756
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Damn Steve, you failed hard on that question. lol

Folks run 17x9 +30 (R33 GT-R Wheels) like cake. 17x9 +20 is pretty much perfect in my opinion, though it also depends how wide of a tire size you plan on running and how low you plan on being.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #757
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
An offset is worthless without a rim width. 17x?. We need that part of the equation.

I am not an S13 fitment pro but I think like 17x9+15 would get you to where you want to be in the rear. Front maybe the same?

Did you look through the wheel fitment thread?

17 is the biggest rim size ill go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post

Folks run 17x9 +30 (R33 GT-R Wheels) like cake. 17x9 +20 is pretty much perfect in my opinion, though it also depends how wide of a tire size you plan on running and how low you plan on being.
pretty much looking for a flush look, a bit on NEEDED camber on the rear...i dunno wat tire size would look good, not down for stretch

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #758
240Z28
Zilvia Member

240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
for the s13 silvia conversion, where do the headlight bracket go
Old 03-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #759
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post

Were you talking to me or Dalaz? Because my name just happens to be Steve too. Haha. Didn't know if I know you?

Quote:
17 is the biggest rim size ill go...
Right. You said that in your last post. Offset has no bearing on the diameter of the rim. Its directly related to the width. So again, how wide of wheel are you looking at?

For example, a 17x9+12 will have the same look from the outside of the car as a 17x8+0. They will both have the same flushness and stance. You dig?
Old 03-06-2010, 06:25 AM   #760
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Z28 View Post
for the s13 silvia conversion, where do the headlight bracket go
They mount vertically on the core support (front thing that the radiator and headlights mount too). They bolt right in. Once you have it apart, it looks a bit more obvious since you need them for the headlights to mount properly.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:39 AM   #761
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
can you run a z32 26mm caliper on a q45 rotor on s13?

also, where can i get a sticker of the engine fuse box diagram to stick on the lid of my repainted box?

thanks dudes
Old 03-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #762
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:

thank you in advance...
without a pull, only hammering lips 17x9+15 215/40/17 (federal 595's run a bit wide)
Old 03-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #763
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
where can i get a sticker of the engine fuse box diagram to stick on the lid of my repainted box?

thanks dudes
i think they dont have replacement stickers you have to custom make that, or get one from the junk, or if your local buy one off my friend lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
without a pull, only hammering lips 17x9+15 215/40/17 (federal 595's run a bit wide)
im running 17x9+22 front with 215/40 w/o a pull just rolled fenders.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #764
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
the acc harness that runs from the interior fuse box to the engine bay fuse box, would that be the same for the s13 single and dual cam?
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #765
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
When using s14 front LCA on a s13 will i need to use s14 tension rods as well?
Old 03-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #766
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshchewuhh View Post
When using s14 front LCA on a s13 will i need to use s14 tension rods as well?
You can use the S13 tension rods. just make sure that if you are using S13 knuckles you swap your LCAs to S13 ball joints.

Anyone know if an 18x10 +18 will clear PBM coils on the front?
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #767
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
any one know the best sizing tire for 16x8 sportwack 002's are
drftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #768
odmoht
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (36)
odmoht is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
gonna put this thread to use!
what size tires should i run on my s13 hatch.
lookin for flushness but i also want traction, if thats possible..
wheels are 17x8.5+22 and 17x9+22.
i was thinking 225/45/17 and 235/40/17 ?
i dont mind rolled fenders and a pull
odmoht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #769
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Patrick Bowering is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_856 View Post
when mounting z32 calipers to a s13 spindle/knuckle can i use the stock caliper bolts?
Yes the z32 bolts are to long.

Another question I need a coolant temp sensor for my blacktop sr20 will a redtop one fit? I am going standalone so it does not have to be ecu specific just need to know if it fits.
Patrick Bowering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:01 AM   #770
NeedCAforS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
NeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura aboutNeedCAforS13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NeedCAforS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bowering View Post
Another question I need a coolant temp sensor for my blacktop sr20 will a redtop one fit? I am going standalone so it does not have to be ecu specific just need to know if it fits.
They physically fit yes. KA temp sensor fit as well if you just need a temp sensor that fits in the hole.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #771
240sxChillen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
240sxChillen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
will a s13 ignition switch work on a s14? plug n play?
Edit-What other Ignitions would work?

Last edited by 240sxChillen; 03-09-2010 at 06:46 PM..
240sxChillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #772
shiftin_sideways
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
shiftin_sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I bought a rust free hatch(the part), it came with an origin roof spoiler. How do I remove the roof spoiler from the hatch?
shiftin_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #773
TooFortyEssExx

Trader Rating: (0)
TooFortyEssExx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can someone send me some names, paint codes, and/or example of non pearlescent, tri level whites?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #774
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_sideways View Post
I bought a rust free hatch(the part), it came with an origin roof spoiler. How do I remove the roof spoiler from the hatch?
use a heat gun and just pull on it a bit, then send it to me haha
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #775
P_856
Zilvia FREAK!

P_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_sideways View Post
heatgun and some kite string or fishing line
P_856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:25 AM   #776
udon!
Nissanaholic!

udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
why does nomukens bottle shake?
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #777
240Z28
Zilvia Member

240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
after j30 axles install wat brake setup can i run?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #778
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Z28 View Post
after j30 axles install wat brake setup can i run?
axles should have nothing to do with deciding what brake setup to run.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #779
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:

thank you in advance...

steve you noob. lol jk. Here is a simple solution. Take a tape measurer, and measure where your wheel bolts up to-to your fender. in a strait line. However many in inches, will be the width of your rim x(times) 2. so if the hub to the fender is 4 inches, you will need a xby 8inch wheel with a zero offset. Now when you choose your wheel (based on that) the ofset is just the center point of the rim. So if it's plus 25, the barrel goes towards the shock tower 1 inch, now you need a 1 inch spacer to make that room up. Let me know if that is too confusing, I can break it down a little more simple than that.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #780
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
i acquired some rc engineering injectors 440cc with the part number of SL9-440 does anyone know what impedance they are. will they drop right into a dual cam without resistors? They came with clips too.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote