Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #1
shoottothrill
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
shoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s14 Picking a Clutch (Stock KA)

Hey guys,

I'm manual swapping my S14, and I'm trying to select a clutch kit (clutch, pressure plate, flywheel), so I'm just looking to see what other people have typically run. Car is currently stock KA, but I want to oversize it to be able to build power in the bearish future, cams, intake, exhaust, maybe a KA-T down the road. Car is a 50/50 split of just weekend street car and going to start drifting it.

I'm just trying to find something that will handle the abuse but isnt so overdone that it makes it horrifying to drive on the street normally, and I'm lost in the sea of options. Any help?
shoottothrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
White Bunny

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:10 PM   #3
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
White Bunny
Truth. Running that on my ka-t and it is incredibly civilized. Good street manners. I've run everything from stocker clutches on my 240s to a 4 puck unsprung hub on a fidanza flywheel. The white bunny is all around my favorite.

Im running the Competition clutch kit but you can piece together your own if you want an even lighter flywheel.
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:21 PM   #4
shoottothrill
Leaky Injector

shoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really nice
Quote:
White Bunny
Thanks guys for your insight. Would you recommend the 6 puck White bunny, or is the 4 puck good to go?
Old 03-21-2020, 06:30 PM   #5
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
For a street car, I wouldn't suggest anything more than a regular sprung disc.
The additional contact surface of even a pieced-together kit will do you just fine

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #6
shoottothrill
Leaky Injector

Quote:
For a street car, I wouldn't suggest anything more than a regular sprung disc.
The additional contact surface of even a pieced-together kit will do you just fine

Got it, so this is the kit that you personally would recommend:
https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...de-ka24de.html
Old 03-21-2020, 07:00 PM   #7
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Yeah, if you arent going to piece your own together thats the one you want. They dont advertise it but they order direct from competition clutches. Id call them for a lead time because the site makes it seem like they just have it in stock to ship out.

Or shop around. Other places sell that kit too. Not advocating for or against any particular retailer
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:40 AM   #8
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I strictly street drive my 240 with a white bunny, for the past 5 years. I did 7,000 miles on it last year, and I wouldn't recommend anything else.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:58 PM   #9
shoottothrill
Leaky Injector

Awesome, thanks everybody. Really, really appreciate the help. I'm going to order the White Bunny kit later today. Then, all I need is to get a driveshaft made (and hopefully find a manual ecu at some point)

Thanks!