Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Engine

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Chase Bays 89-98 240sx S13/S14 AN Fuel Line Kit

All lines/fittings in stock ready to make. Once the order is placed we just make the feed line/return line according to your setup and ship it out.

Click the link for more info!

Chase Bays 89-98 240sx S13/S14 AN Fuel Line Kit

Please ask any questions on this thread instead of PM so we can answer them and throw the Q&A on our website. Thanks for reading!

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
uperformance
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
uperformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
does that fuel filter restrict flow in any way compared to a z32? i run about 60psi of fuel aftermarket fpr, this still work?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Do you know what the micron rating is on the z32 filter?

Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
uperformance
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
uperformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
does that fuel filter restrict flow in any way compared to a z32? i run about 60psi of fuel aftermarket fpr, this still work?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Do you know what the micron rating is on the z32 filter?
From what I found, about 10-20 in between there.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks! I did some searching and I couldn't find any answers at all.

Ours are 30 micron. We used to run 40 micron filters in our cars and never ever ever had any issues, if there is any doubt. Still going strong now after 3 or 4 years.

Just adjust your fuel pressure as needed (if at all) after installing our kit and it will be the same as before.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
So you're using -6an lines and worm-gear clamps to attach to the factory rail and fuel lines?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 01-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
khmer1
Zilvia Junkie

khmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymore
so would this work for the ka24e fuel rail?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Wow you guys are putting out some great stuff!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Not sure on the SOHC KA rail, let me check. I dont see why not.

Yes, everyone is not running aftermarket fuel rails with threaded inlet/outlet so you gotta take care of them too

Old 01-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #11
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Not sure on the SOHC KA rail, let me check. I dont see why not.

Yes, everyone is not running aftermarket fuel rails with threaded inlet/outlet so you gotta take care of them too
I don't see the problem with it, few people have been running setups like that for a while and I think one of the A/N turbo line kits for the s13 redtop/blacktop motors has one of those false fitting clamp things on it for the water feed at the back of the motor.

I personally don't want to buy an fpr or some aftermarket baller fuel rail to run an aftermarket line setup.

I guess the skeptical part would be the false an fittings over the stock lines. Why no tube nut adapter kits to secure the fuel line coming from the tank, why that route?

Also you should probably add in an option for those fancy no leak quick disconnect fittings from jegs or summit I think it was since fuels going to get everywhere when you have to change that little filter. Since clamping those lines isn't really recommended, can cause them to break from the inside.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:35 AM   #12
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

OEM fuel lines are attached with hose clamps everywhere with lesser quality stuff, so reliability isn't an issue.

I have plenty of -5 to -6 adapters here, and now that you mention it we can offer it as an option. The biggest issue was customers not knowing how to flare, or not wanting to buy a flare tool, or when they do flare them they didn't do it properly. Which is understandable since not everyone has natural plumbing skills hah. So this works fine forever and its simple! It's what I will run on my car.

The smaller filter wont have to be changed often, it will be changed as much as a stock one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I don't see the problem with it, few people have been running setups like that for a while and I think one of the A/N turbo line kits for the s13 redtop/blacktop motors has one of those false fitting clamp things on it for the water feed at the back of the motor.

I personally don't want to buy an fpr or some aftermarket baller fuel rail to run an aftermarket line setup.

I guess the skeptical part would be the false an fittings over the stock lines. Why no tube nut adapter kits to secure the fuel line coming from the tank, why that route?

Also you should probably add in an option for those fancy no leak quick disconnect fittings from jegs or summit I think it was since fuels going to get everywhere when you have to change that little filter. Since clamping those lines isn't really recommended, can cause them to break from the inside.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:12 AM   #13
tukn9s
Leaky Injector

tukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymoretukn9s is not welcome here anymore
Nice stuff
Old 01-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
So many cool parts coming from you guys. I already have a list going. Keep it up please.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #15
aled
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
aled is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
More info on the 1JZ setup.
I'm curious as to see if you all could help me with longer feed/return lines that extend to the tank of my S14.

I have deleted the OEM hardlines on the passenger frame rail and was going to run AN lines on the driver frame rail to avoid a fuel crossover directly next to the downpipe/turbo.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I will be using the OEM Fuel Rail and an Aeromotive FPR. Also an inline fuel pump.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
besTint
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (81)
besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Send a message via AIM to besTint
MAN! you guys make some clean shiet! much props! that KA looks so clean!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #17
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I know flaring is like you thing, but they do have an alternate method using tube nuts and shit so flaring isn't necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r02AKbp2WMY

Not sure that stuff comes in black, but just saying. It's an alternative to flaring and is all bolt on without damaging the stock lines in case they want to revert to the cheap shit to sell the car.

Quote:
OEM fuel lines are attached with hose clamps everywhere with lesser quality stuff, so reliability isn't an issue.

I have plenty of -5 to -6 adapters here, and now that you mention it we can offer it as an option. The biggest issue was customers not knowing how to flare, or not wanting to buy a flare tool, or when they do flare them they didn't do it properly. Which is understandable since not everyone has natural plumbing skills hah. So this works fine forever and its simple! It's what I will run on my car.

The smaller filter wont have to be changed often, it will be changed as much as a stock one.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #18
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Quote:
I guess the skeptical part would be the false an fittings over the stock lines.
Did you find a magical stash of -5an line, or are you clamping down -6an line to a 8mm rail?

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 01-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #19
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Did you find a magical stash of -5an line, or are you clamping down -6an line to a 8mm rail?
That's exactly what I am wondering as well.. I remember trying -6 and it was super loose.. I had make 5/16" <-> 3/8" adapter to connect back to the stock hardlines..
Old 01-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #20
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R33E8 View Post
That's exactly what I am wondering as well.. I remember trying -6 and it was super loose.. I had make 5/16" <-> 3/8" adapter to connect back to the stock hardlines..
That's similar to the correct way to do it... you'd use a 8mm (or 5/16") tube adapter to -5an, then convert to -6an, then run your lines.

Since I've never seen 8mm or -5an stainless line (... ever), and the fact that worm-gear clamps to not properly clamp down on stainless lines (they're meant for rubber), I'm honestly worried. Just need some clarification from Chase.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #21
S1392sx

Trader Rating: (0)
S1392sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
they make a line that is rubber with only nylon braiding that hose clamps hold good on. I am a little weary of hose clamps on braided still as well...
Old 01-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #22
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1392sx View Post
they make a line that is rubber with only nylon braiding that hose clamps hold good on. I am a little weary of hose clamps on braided still as well...
There are cheap and expensive versions of the line that you've mentioned, I use the expensive variety (Earl's Star-lite) for my high-end oil cooler/Accusump kits. It's still not designed to have clamps around it ~ you're supposed to use AN hose ends, just like you would on stainless steel lines.

And back to the main issue, I've never seen anyone offer -5an line.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #23
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aled View Post
More info on the 1JZ setup.
I'm curious as to see if you all could help me with longer feed/return lines that extend to the tank of my S14.

I have deleted the OEM hardlines on the passenger frame rail and was going to run AN lines on the driver frame rail to avoid a fuel crossover directly next to the downpipe/turbo.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I will be using the OEM Fuel Rail and an Aeromotive FPR. Also an inline fuel pump.
For sure, PM me and we can price you a setup.

Quote:
I know flaring is like you thing, but they do have an alternate method using tube nuts and shit so flaring isn't necessary.

Not sure that stuff comes in black, but just saying. It's an alternative to flaring and is all bolt on without damaging the stock lines in case they want to revert to the cheap shit to sell the car.
I wish those worked flawlessly but, they have 50 psi max rating. I have tried them before, it worked on my customers car for almost a year but eventually failed The car we had it on was at 45psi so they need to fix that rating hah.

Not saying they will always fail, but they did for us.
Earls Hard-Line AN Tube Fittings

Its -6AN line. It fits very snug over the line actually. We tested in the past up to 70psi with no sign of failure. I know it could go more too. Our line is Nylon covered rubber with stainless inner braid. Its about as hard to cut as the full stainless line hah.

This is nothing new, we have been doing this for over 5 years. Its to the point of being undebatable. I added a -5AN adapter option on the site for naysayers, but if you have an OEM rail you're going to have to run the clamps. (I do on my car, for now)

This is a friend/customer. A "slow" run for his car but I think it makes my point. He takes his car out 2 or 3 times a week. He is actually going sumped tank now but he's going for low 9 second passes.

YouTube - Michael Lee Integra Steele 8-8-10

If anyone cares to discuss this matter more, I will be happy to talk to you via PM.

Last edited by Chase Bays; 01-24-2011 at 02:52 PM..
Old 03-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #24
s13srgurl

Trader Rating: (3)
s13srgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am interested in getting a complete fuel line setup for my s13 coupe. From tank to rail, from rail to fpr, and from fpr back to the tank. I would greatly appreciate it if you could PM me a price.
Closed Thread