Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-22-2010, 12:21 AM   #1501
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Is is still going to be a combo with a FLCA, or just the knuckle/hub combo?
FLCA and upright combo. It'll require a new hub(since it's aluminum).
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2010, 07:43 AM   #1502
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Awesome. I'm saving my moneyyy haha.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #1503
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
we all are, now tease us with pictures
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #1504
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I want Def's stuff, but after having dealt with my entire front suspension for the last few months, I'm not sure I want to just turn around and sell it, since I don't think anyone would want to buy it from me, and I'd have no use for it sitting around if I managed to come up with the money for Def's stuff hahahaha

Stupid cars.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:02 AM   #1505
swiftmini
Zilvia Member

swiftmini is an unknown quantity at this point
Got some testing done. Arms work well. Need to work out where my rc is so i can improve the setup further.

Also no arb!! Appears to be nice, i drove for 2 hours before i remebered they were missin.g lol.

A pic of it sideways showing very small amount of roll. Feels like it has more grip and less likely to push on in corner initiation (turn in)

I dont get any clearance problems from the tension rod mounting position. Plenty of lock, loads of grip, fast steering! Iam happy!! Well until psm pull theyre fingers out and release everything i need
swiftmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:29 AM   #1506
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Looks like you clipped a hay bail in the first pic hehe

Good stuff... still waiting on pics of the crossmember/rack setup.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #1507
swiftmini
Zilvia Member

Ooops sorry, pics on theyre way now
Old 08-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #1508
swiftmini
Zilvia Member

Rack moved forward by 25mm. Helps with overcentre and helps the steering feel on or around full lock
Old 08-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #1509
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
max needs to come out with those off-centered solid bushings for the steering rack they were talking about too!
i cant hack up my rack,...or i totally would
:/
Old 08-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #1510
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
What?

You don't hack up the rack.

You hack up the RACK MOUNTING BRACKETS ON THE CROSSMEMBER.

Hope that's what you meant in the first place...
Old 08-23-2010, 08:44 AM   #1511
swiftmini
Zilvia Member

Yep like the pics above

Also the offset solid bushes will probably only make 1/4inch difference. You can get an inch+ out of the stock crossmember
Old 08-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #1512
SoSideways
Post Whore!

I don't think I'll be going that route, as my knuckles are modified in such a way that I do not get the over center type binding at full lock anymore, but that is certainly another good way to get rid of the over centering issue.

As a matter of fact, if you went with the front subframe mod, you might be able to get away with using the stock knuckles, those PBM or Tein tie rod spacers, and get a little more angle out of your stock setup, without going with modified knuckles.

Although, it seems that the subframe mod is actually a bit more involved and the knuckles would be an easier way to do it...
Old 08-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #1513
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I never overcentered with Tein spacers on my stock knuckles.

Swiftmini, that looks awesome!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #1514
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Probably because you had stock type tie rod ends.

With any spacing and you might start to run into that problem.

I know I did with about 1.5" and up of spacing.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #1515
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
yeah thats what i ment!....lol

FD rules say you cant touch the subframes/crossmembers in any way/shape/form. (im sure ya kno)

but maybe one day on my spirited-driving-mobile!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #1516
derek king
Nissanaholic!

derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
I just did megan adj front lca's and put my PBM knuckles on. Now my tie rods arent long enought (peak inner, wicked outer). I am thinking I might have to make my own sleeve that connects the inner to outer. The sleeve on it now is 2.5 inches long. I could use another 1.5 inches to have both ends safely threaded into the sleeve.

ALSO next problem The adj control arms adjust on the inside so if you are adding alot of length it pushes the sway bar mounts too far away to be useable....( Im not running a sway bar anyways just an FYI.

NEXT NEXT bigger problem. The mounting holes for the tensior rod are moved farther to the rear of the car so it added like 203007889 degrees of caster to the front almost to the point where I have my tension rods fully maxed out on length and still have a bit too much caster which is taking away from angle due to ackerman and making the knuckle max out hitting the lca before the rack is maxed out.

THE PLUS is with the spacers on the lca + the pbm knucks my tie rods,lca and tension rods are all very very close to horizontal.....

If someone could shoot me some links or info on what can help me out on the tie rod thing and tension rod thing before i have to resort to making stuff.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:00 PM   #1517
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Ikeya Formula inner tie rod, PBM sells them.

super long, and you will be set sir.
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #1518
derek king
Nissanaholic!

derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
and that will work with s14 outers? also I didnt see them on pbm for sale

ALSO does anybody know s14 tie rod thread pitch and size

Last edited by derek king; 08-23-2010 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: anal
derek king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #1519
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
14X1.5

That's for the part the outer rod would thread in on.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #1520
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
yeah thats what i ment!....lol

FD rules say you cant touch the subframes/crossmembers in any way/shape/form. (im sure ya kno)

but maybe one day on my spirited-driving-mobile!
I believe that you might be mistaken on this. The rules I read state that as long as you do not cut completely through the cross member you are good. It also states if you are moving the rack forward you are good. You however may not change the pick up points.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #1521
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
and that will work with s14 outers? also I didnt see them on pbm for sale

ALSO does anybody know s14 tie rod thread pitch and size
Yes, those work with s14 outters

they aren't listed on the site, but call or PM Dan and he can help you out!
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #1522
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
I had a question...
Why is the tension rod made to pivot independent of the LCA? Why not just weld it to the LCA instead of running a heim joint there, and make the LCA/ tension rod combo more of a lower A arm design?

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:20 AM   #1523
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
Ikeya Formula inner tie rod, PBM sells them.

super long, and you will be set sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
Yes, those work with s14 outters

they aren't listed on the site, but call or PM Dan and he can help you out!
It was removed from our products section because of unreliable supply and the pending arrival of our original tie rod however we have some IFTR in stock now.
there is a link at the bottom of this page to buy IF tie rods