Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:37 PM   #61
wolf904
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
wolf904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Beautiful and rare car

You're incredibly lucky to have wanted this like the rest of us and actually gotten the chance to get one, and a clean slate at that

Continue to do tasteful and timeless quality modifications to this car, that is the only thing worthy of doing to a vehicle this nice.
wolf904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2017, 04:52 PM   #62
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
Thankful to see another silver LMGT4 owner, almost everything I see is bronze or black.

Car looks great.
I really wanted Omori LMGT4s when first got here. The engraved spoke is so cool. I'm happy I was able to get these even though I paid a lot for them. I'd put silver on the same level as bronze but I was just tired of seeing Midnight Purple/Bronze together all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf904 View Post
Beautiful and rare car

You're incredibly lucky to have wanted this like the rest of us and actually gotten the chance to get one, and a clean slate at that

Continue to do tasteful and timeless quality modifications to this car, that is the only thing worthy of doing to a vehicle this nice.
I definitely used all my 'good luck' when I found it. No HICAS, one owner, etc. To a lot of people that's not a big deal but it's oddly perfect for me. The only things I have on the horizon right now are:

Downpipe
Exhaust
Radiator
Ganadors (getting mine shipped to me from the US)

That's more than likely all I'll end up doing besides maintenance. No one cares about the 'original' factor but to me it's super cool.

Sorry for the lack of updates/pictures.

My friend is coming up to Yokosuka for R's Day. We're going to spend a couple days here and then drive to the Hakone area and stay the night. We're going to wake up the morning of R's Day and drive to Fuji Speedway from there. I'm sure I'll have pictures before then.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:06 PM   #63
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Welcome to the 17 inch LMGT4 club, not many of us around. I don't even have my wheels mounted to a car anymore. I'm having a hard time with the thought of ever selling them.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #64
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Here's how it's sitting now. Still need to make some adjustments before driving up to Fuji Speedway this weekend.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #65
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Superb, although I feel like it needs clear side markers.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:44 PM   #66
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Hellllllllll yeah, love the midnight purple
Old 09-11-2017, 03:06 PM   #67
Will.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How'd you go at Fuji Speedway
Old 09-11-2017, 04:15 PM   #68
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Superb, although I feel like it needs clear side markers.
I don't really like them but I'm actually looking to buy a pair soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13driftnut View Post
Hellllllllll yeah, love the midnight purple
Dude I saw a few Midnight Purple II GTRs at the R's Meeting this weekend. Makes me jealous of their version lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
How'd you go at Fuji Speedway
Funny you asked: I didn't take the car.

My friend and I went to Daikoku on Friday since he was up here from Southern Japan and hadn't been in a while. My car is still making that shitty ear-piercing metallic noise. Unfortunately I think it's the fucking hubs. I never use Ichiba and the first time I do I get a shitty set.

So I went up the Mazda Turnpike and drove to Fuji Speedway in a fucking Cube.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #69
JustinChillenBallin
Leaky Injector

JustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to JustinChillenBallin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

beautiful mayne
JustinChillenBallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #70
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
That looks dope too, makes me jealous you get to hang around a bunch of rare GTR's lol
Old 09-15-2017, 06:04 PM   #71
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinChillenBallin View Post
beautiful mayne
Thanks. Wish I could drive it more but I need to figure out where the piercing metallic squeal is coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13driftnut View Post
That looks dope too, makes me jealous you get to hang around a bunch of rare GTR's lol
Nah all the R34 GTR owners spend most of their time trying to violently fingerfuck dude's anuses. Just ask silviamang. He knows what's up.

Still getting that shitty noise. Tried to figure out where the God damn noise is coming from all day Thursday with no luck. I thought it was the hubs but they don't seem to have play. Getting frustrated.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #72
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
So I have a request for you, from one particular person to another.

Since this is such a rare occasion to have such a well preserved, original car, I ask you to take some photographs, and not just of the exterior (which looks great, btw). For a few reasons..

1. for those of us who want to put a heavily modified/molested car back to original
2. for the history of the car
3. to show any idiosyncrasies that the car may have, that people may not know about, or happen to think of.

I think of it the way that the muscle car scene looks over old photos of cars from years past. We need these references made now so later on, after every s13 has been battered to shit, the people who really love these cars can bring them back to former glory.

If you'd like to tell me to go fuck my hat, I'd understand.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:19 AM   #73
Will.
Leaky Injector

looks amazing
Old 10-05-2017, 03:48 AM   #74
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
So I have a request for you, from one particular person to another.

Since this is such a rare occasion to have such a well preserved, original car, I ask you to take some photographs, and not just of the exterior (which looks great, btw). For a few reasons..

1. for those of us who want to put a heavily modified/molested car back to original
2. for the history of the car
3. to show any idiosyncrasies that the car may have, that people may not know about, or happen to think of.

I think of it the way that the muscle car scene looks over old photos of cars from years past. We need these references made now so later on, after every s13 has been battered to shit, the people who really love these cars can bring them back to former glory.

If you'd like to tell me to go fuck my hat, I'd understand.
What are you looking for specifically? I need to go look at my rear brakes soon. Car has been sitting :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
looks amazing
Thanks man. I hope I can get the brakes sorted and get more pictures of it actually rolling.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #75
Will.
Leaky Injector

~ '96 Midnight Purple 180SX Type X ~

Go R33 GTR Brembos all around.

Fronts are straight bolt on

Rears are also straight bolt on with the use of R33 GTS-T Rear handbrake drums and handbrake lines

Old 10-06-2017, 08:16 PM   #76
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Dude your set up looks fucking radical. Love the amount of tire.

Yeah I was thinking HCR32 rears but for now I just want to get the car sorted.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:44 AM   #77
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just finished reading this thread, love it all & love your car. The positivity in here is insane, im 19 and the 240 is my first car, currently in the process of doing an OEM type x build and also caring about the original factor just like you. While still trying to preserve how beautiful this car really is. Really fun to bring these things back to their glory & not mess it up with absurd widebodies & "fake" kits [emoji102].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:11 PM   #78
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Dude your set up looks fucking radical. Love the bronze TEs

Yeah I was thinking HCR32 rears but for now I just want to get the car sorted.
Fixed it for you. hint hint <3
Old 11-02-2017, 01:12 AM   #79
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
Fixed it for you. hint hint <3
Tyler pls.

am tryeng. pls tylor. pls no.

I have updates and some pictures. Maybe I'll post them today.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:07 PM   #80
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
Just finished reading this thread, love it all & love your car. The positivity in here is insane, im 19 and the 240 is my first car, currently in the process of doing an OEM type x build and also caring about the original factor just like you. While still trying to preserve how beautiful this car really is. Really fun to bring these things back to their glory & not mess it up with absurd widebodies & "fake" kits [emoji102].
I think I've seen some more of your posts here. People seem to think Zilvia has a shitty vibe but it's because a bunch of fucking idiots buy these cars. With your train of thought you should get along just fine here, dude. Glad you're not a retard like most kids your age lol.

Good luck with your restoration. Parts are getting hard to find.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #81
dizzariot
Post Whore!

04NOV2017

I've mentioned it before but the rear brakes seized up so my friend helped me order some refurbished OEM rears. They even painted them black. Finally got them on.

Today I'm taking my car to Mine's to get the fluids changed. I'm too fucking lazy to do it myself nowadays.

The same friend that helped me get the brakes also helped me snag some OEM rear valences. They came with all the hardware so all I have to do is get them painted. I'm going to get the Ganadors and valences done at the same time.

In other news...the Silvia has been sitting under a cover. I uncover it on nice days and start it up. It needs brake pads/rotors so I haven't driven it around the block in a while. Once I get the pads/rotors ordered I'll get the new stuff on and swap out the 'SE' wheels for the teardrops. I snagged yet ANOTHER set of blue SpecR seats for the Silvia. This time I'm keeping them.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #82
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I took a long break from Zilvia. I'm getting tired of all the catering to fucking morons.

I'm going to go through this whole thing again, to include:

Feal 441+ Coilovers
Braided Brake Lines
Cusco RUCA/Nismo Arms
Koyorad Radiator
OEM Motor Mounts
Spark Plugs
PBM Cobra Flex
Yokohama S.Drives

...and also taking the car to a body shop that can fix my shitty, rusting hatch and fit my rear valences properly.

Last edited by dizzariot; 07-08-2018 at 08:18 PM..
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:12 AM   #83
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
took a long break myself....happy for your progresd
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #84
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Hello. I constantly debate whether or not to keep this going.

I haven't done much. I got the hatch fixed. I had the rear wiper/3rd brake light shaved at the same time. The Cobra Flex is on and I'm waiting on some GKTech braided lines to come in. I had some S14 K's brakes that I had painted with high-temp painted and it started to come off. I got some freshly powder-coated ones and those will be going on in the same session.

Once I get all of that sorted, I'm going to throw on the SLs and some smaller tires.

...oh and the wheels/suspension for the Silvia are here.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:07 AM   #85
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I still follow, if you'll still post
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:10 PM   #86
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
I still follow, if you'll still post
It's been slow for me. Still waiting on a lot of stuff to arrive from the US. Once it gets here I'll be good to go!
Old 12-27-2018, 08:20 PM   #87
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Just wait it out, then document what youre doing. This thread is just a by-product of your own work on this car. To answer your question, think about what youre doing with this thread.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:49 PM   #88
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

Keep it going my man!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:11 AM   #89
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Sorry for being a lazy twat. There are updates coming...for the Silvia. I'll be sure to take detailed pictures this time.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:58 AM   #90
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Will be patiently waiting for said update