Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 09-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #1
calico
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
calico is making a name for him/her selfcalico is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
1996 s14 240sx se 5spd great condition

Selling my white 1996 Nissan 240SX SE 5spd for $6500 obo. It is in great condition inside and out and runs well. This car is very clean and has a clear accident history and clear title in hand. It is not dented up and does not have different colored body panels or a crappy spray paint job like other 240s out there. The A/C blows cold and all electronics work (windows, sunroof, mirrors, radio, etc.). It has 242k miles but still runs very strong. My plan was to swap an SR20 in whenever the KA motor died but it just keeps going. I have taken very good care of the car and kept the oil changed regularly which is why it keeps running well. It has tasteful upgrades which are listed below. It has 2 brand new Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec tires on it which grab hard and cost me $350 alone to buy and install. The clutch was replaced recently and has very little miles on it. All upgrades and new parts can be verified either by inspection or receipts that I can provide. I will also be including a car cover and an extra z32 rim with the car. The extra z32 rim has some road rash but is still fully functional and holds air if you wanted to mount a tire to it to use as a spare.

Note: I will be updating the pictures as I take better ones after washing the car.

New Exedy OEM clutch
Short throw shifter
Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel with new friction plate when clutch was replaced
J30 VLSD
z32 wheels with a 5th spare z32 rim that has some road rash
Two new Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec tires
German glass headlights with HID kit
30mm aluminum z32 brakes front and rear
z32 brake master cylinder
Axxis Ultimate Ceramic brake pads
stainless steel brake lines
R33 ebrake cables for an oem ebrake setup
Slotted Rotors
H&R Sport Springs
KYB AGX adjustable struts and shocks
SPL Parts v2 tension rods
3" mandrel bent catback exhaust
front strut tower bar
rear strut tower bar
Altima electric fan conversion
pre-wired for subwoofer/amp
Injen air intake
3M window tint installed by SolarTech with lifetime warranty
Infinity Reference front and rear speakers
Pioneer MP3 CD player with pre-wired aux input

calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
rollinsstewart

Trader Rating: (0)
rollinsstewart is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6500 for a 240 with over 240k miles? It must be in pretty damn good shape, got any vids of the car running? And how's the rust situation?
rollinsstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #3
calico
Leaky Injector

calico is making a name for him/her selfcalico is making a name for him/her self
It is in pretty good shape and still runs fine. Other 240s I see either have mismatched body panels, crappy paint job, cracked dashes, etc. going for a few thousand or are super clean with sr20's going for 10k+. That being said, it is "or best offer". There is no rust situation. I bought it locally from someone in TN and I have had it for the past 9 years. It has also been in TN all its life according to its carfax report I ran when I first bought it. I'll look into getting some videos of it running this weekend. That's a good suggestion for out of town buyers.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #4
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinsstewart View Post
6500 for a 240 with over 240k miles? It must be in pretty damn good shape, got any vids of the car running? And how's the rust situation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico View Post
It is in pretty good shape and still runs fine. Other 240s I see either have mismatched body panels, crappy paint job, cracked dashes, etc. going for a few thousand or are super clean with sr20's going for 10k+. That being said, it is "or best offer". There is no rust situation. I bought it locally from someone in TN and I have had it for the past 9 years. It has also been in TN all its life according to its carfax report I ran when I first bought it. I'll look into getting some videos of it running this weekend. That's a good suggestion for out of town buyers.
Dude you are crazy to think this will even get anything near 6500.
3k-3500 maybe.

You are getting confused with asking prices and what they really do get. Most of these dickheads end up selling their cars but will always say the most cliché thing " I sold the car for the asking price or I got more than what I was asking" its all utter bullshit. Don't let those idiots cloud your mind dude. Seriously. Either way the car is in good shape.

Either way I wish you nothing but the best. Hope you get whatever it is that you are asking for.
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
calico
Leaky Injector

SOLD! Mods, this thread can be locked/closed.

EDIT: I wanted to edit my post to say my car sold for $6200. At first I didn't want to feed these trolls that just HAVE to have their opinions heard and throw their 2 cents in about my price when they're not even interested in buying the car but now I feel like I would be doing a disservice to everyone else if they don't know what the actual selling price is. If other sellers are like me, they probably search a few threads for similar cars to come up with an initial asking price like I did. There's no KBB value for these cars that you can go by anymore. Do a search and come up with a price and don't let these jokers try to tell you your car is overpriced, let the market tell you that instead. All they're doing is trying to devalue the market in people's heads. I got interest in my car at $6500 from multiple people and it sold for pretty damn close to that price. The buyer even drove from 10 hours away to get it today. If you have something unique about your car, don't let these trolls try to talk you out of what you think your car is worth.

Last edited by calico; 09-27-2015 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 09-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #6
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats man. Glad it sold. Are you calling it unique because it was clean? I'm not sure what else I really saw that'd make a 20 year mass produced entry level Nissan "unique". But, you won. So, enjoy that. Don't let nobody take that from you.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #7
calico
Leaky Injector

"Unique" might be too strong of a word for my car ha. But yes, I knew mine was in much better shape than other 240s out there as far as exterior and interior. It definitely had high mileage but still ran well too to help offset that "con". I just hope this helps other people to price their cars when it comes time for them to sell. The buyer seemed like he was looking for a while and committed a lot of time and money to come get my car so I think he came out happy as well. My guess is that he'd rather do major engine mods himself (since I still had the stock motor) rather than trust someone else's work and was more concerned with the overall shape the car was in. I appreciate the congrats, driftsucky!
Old 09-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #8
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah. It was a solid car. I would've bought it if I had room. I prefer stock cars or lightly modded. Just seemed well maintained.