Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
mnight
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mnight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Weather Stripping Help [pics]

So I've been slowly repairing all these little problems on my newly bought s14. The newest fix I've been working on is my weather stripping. Idk what the last guy did, but neither side of the windshield weatherstripping was secured properly. I fixed one side with some automotive caulking no problems, but the driver's side is another story. It's in it's proper track until about half way down, then the guy mashed it over to the adjacent track.

^This picture is rotated 90˚ clockwise. The track that it is supposed to go it (the top on in this pic) is filled with some caulk-like material the further you get to the hood. Is there going to be any dire consequences if I just jerry-rig it and send it over to the outer track and fill the other one up with caulking? I have heard of issues with the windshield on s14s.

Second question is this:

That flat black plastic piece at the base of my windshield is not secured in the middle. It's just resting on it. The edges are stuck to the windshield but not the middle. Is this by design or should I seal that ish up?

Thanks for putting up with me, I really appreciate the help you guys can offer. I am pretty new to 240's so bear with me, I'm doing my best to learn.
mnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links