Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:23 PM   #1
Silv1401
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silv1401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Charcoal canister vacuum assy thing full of charcoal

Pretty sure something here done goofed. I'm going through my car and cleaning, removing, changing, fixing a lot of the stuff that fhe PO's shop had done while manual swapping and turbocharging this car. One such thing was to cap and disable the EGR (but leave all the vacuum lines and solenoid), and they left the subharness that runs under the intake manifold (gross) which wasn't actually plugged jnto anythjng cause they wired up their own stuff for the cpu. But that all means the charcoal canister purge cut valve (little black dude with one way valve and vacuum fitting on top) would only function to relieve excess pressure from evap can/tank, since the vacuum line wasn't connected to anything. So the whole hard line is gonna go bye bye, and maybe also the canister.

So I started looking at the woojamagigs hooked to the charcoal canister, and pulled off the white check valve looking thing. When I unplugged the vapor line coming off of the tank, charcoal started pouring out of both the hose and the white valve thing. Like a pretty decent amount maybe 3-5 tbsp worth.

My question is mostly why? And what is the purpose of the white thing? (attached pic) It has 4 plugs, two of which run to an electronic switch of some kind. No idea if any of these electronics back here are even still live. Doubt it if they were controlled by either the cpu or anything under the intake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Silv1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links