Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #31
blackoutt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
blackoutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I agree with buying cheap/ebay/knockoff NON-PRECISION parts, as long as you clean them up i.e. reinforcing welds, smoothing out the internal bores, slotting the flange, and don't use their fischer price less than class 1 hardware. If you can do the work, or know people who can, and you don't mind the extra time to make it right, you can save yourself alottttta dough, and feel pretty damn good about your solid setup too.
blackoutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #32
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
their cast manifold looks pretty beefy
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #33
Pure_JDM
Zilvia Addict

Pure_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
as a customer of many of their products, let me give my personal experience on a few parts:

bov, garbage. had an internal gasket design that caused it the become chewed up after the first blowoff

wastegate, garbage. looked solid. ugly, but solid. I took it apart the change the spring, and thankgod i did. the gasket was condom-thin and already tearing around the edge. the wastegate surged before i changed out the spring.

intercooler, great once i retapped one of the threads.

piping, great once i beaded the ends.

turbo, cost me a motor. absolute garbage. always surged, never had a consistent boost output at consistent rpm ranges. shaft play after a week or so, and blow-by by the second week.

these are the only parts i have experience with from them, so i won't bash their other parts... as most people are saying, i would say their intercoolers and piping are worth every penny that you save... their other mechanical parts may cause you regret money lost, time lost, and further damage caused...
Pure_JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #34
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Really??? ANOTHER godspeed thread??? So sad...

The post above really highlights what is wrong with godspeed. While maybe not all of their parts fail, all of their parts are more PRONE to failure. Anything from godspeed with a moving part in it should not be installed on your car, this includes suspension arms and coilovers.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #35
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
what did you expect from cheap ass parts. the only thing i would buy from them is a strut bar or sway bar.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #36
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i always thought it was a rule of thumb to not cheap out on mechanical parts?
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #37
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
i always thought it was a rule of thumb to not cheap out on mechanical parts?
Apparently people no longer abide by that rule...

...I guess it just makes too much sense???
Old 11-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #38
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
anything that moves like pointed out above is no bueno everything else bueno :P
CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #39
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Can someone please just close this thing? Godspeed is a waste of money and bandwidth.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #40
Pure_JDM
Zilvia Addict

Pure_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
contrary to the requests to close this thread, i would opt to leave it open. unlike a lot of people, i like to read reviews and experience with certain manufacturers. let's not forget when Megan first started out. people cursed them and shit talked them and poor review after poor review came from their "cheap parts"... turns out now, Megan is building a reputation of quality that's still affordable...
Pure_JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #41
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_JDM View Post
contrary to the requests to close this thread, i would opt to leave it open. unlike a lot of people, i like to read reviews and experience with certain manufacturers. let's not forget when Megan first started out. people cursed them and shit talked them and poor review after poor review came from their "cheap parts"... turns out now, Megan is building a reputation of quality that's still affordable...
That is a matter of opinion. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:02 PM   #42
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
if it doesn't move.
it's fine.
the FMIC kit was good.
strong.
mine fell off when i hit a sewer thingy and i dragged it about 20ft or so and the endcaps were fine.
it was stuck in front of my oil pan.
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #43
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
How about we leave all the other ones open and just close this one??? You do realize that there are more then a couple of godspeed review threads already in existence and this is basically a re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-post right?
Old 11-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #44
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
People cursed them and shit talked them and poor review after poor review came from their "cheap parts"
When did this stop?

Their shit still sucks, they just were the first to produce the first of knock off junk parts.

Quote:
... turns out now, Megan is building a reputation of quality that's still affordable...
Who the hell says this?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #45
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_child View Post
i own a god speed radiator and they fine too. have anyone here is using their coilovers?
i got a slightly used set for 200 bucks, i wasn't too wild about them at first but for ride height adjustability, damper adjustable and overall better control over stock mushy suspension I was actually surprised how decent these were. As far as the build quality, these are surprisingly really solid. the welds seemed solid and didn't look like they were gonna fall apart on me. They are pretty bouncy and don't really feel like the dampers are strong enough for the springs even at full hard but hey you get what you pay for and you can't expect 600 dollar coils to perform just as good as 1400 dollar ones.

i also have their RLCA's, RUCA's and their sway bars, which are decent. The welds aren't pretty but they look solid. I'd say there's no way these arms are weaker than OEM, go look at your OEM suspension arms and notice the welds aren't exactly a work of art and they are made from stamped steel. I check all the parts on my car once in a while and everything has checked out ok after a good 5000 miles. I think the coils have about 7K miles on them.

I'm not saying this shit is quality but i'm saying this shit works.. just my .02 and my experiences
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #46
QuickSpoolSR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
QuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
Well at the most I'll use the stut bars if they were given to me for free, everything else is just garbage.

ya right, you want the first thing someone sees under your hood to be some generic cheap shit. Y cant everyone learn to just buy quality, find deals, usually you can find bomb ass deals on anything you need. I would never pay retail for godspeed anything. I would rock lightly used quality over new garbage
Old 11-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #47
conwest
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
conwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if you're gonna cheap out.....go megan at least. and please don't get godspeed coils.....worst choice ever
conwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #48
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^did they mess up on you?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #49
Kwolfe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kwolfe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There's a guy that competes in Just Drift out at willow springs and he's sponsored by Godspeed. I don't have personal experience but that guy kicks ass in competition.
Kwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #50
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:50 AM   #51
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
bladetech8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
^ LOL

If you're in any form of support of CHEAP knock-off parts, then you made your way into the world of Nissan through first owning a HONDA or Neon. Sell your 240 now & GTFO
bladetech8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #52
tuktuk23
Leaky Injector

tuktuk23 is an unknown quantity at this point
their intake plenum aint worth a broke dick... my
tuktuk23 is offline   Reply With Quote