Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-06-2020, 06:00 PM   #23461
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
While we are talking spark. Any point to split fires if hp goal is 330-350?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #23462
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
What are my options for S14 SR20 Ignitor Chips? OEM is like 300$ plus the rights to my first born, and then theres ISR OE for $80. Any one have alternative options or experience running the ISR one?

U can delete the ignitor and go r35 coils. HUGE upgrade....but if ur cry over $300 might not be the way for u..go isr for 80
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:10 PM   #23463
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
While we are talking spark. Any point to split fires if hp goal is 330-350?
if u can find a deal on them sure.... nothing wrong with upgrading the coils. Ive seen oem ones go 500hp sooooooooooo lol ur choice.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #23464
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
What are my options for S14 SR20 Ignitor Chips? OEM is like 300$ plus the rights to my first born, and then theres ISR OE for $80. Any one have alternative options or experience running the ISR one?
Delete the ignitor and upgrade to Z33 coilpacks for less than R35's.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:44 AM   #23465
TheVinylKingz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Maybe this will help

Quote:
Welllllllllllllll

95 infinity Q45, but just google

https://forums.nicoclub.com/sr20det-...ng-t59345.html
Old 10-07-2020, 06:04 AM   #23466
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Thanks to those recommending upgrades. Z33 seems more straightforward and affordable
Old 10-07-2020, 09:06 AM   #23467
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Well s14 kouki light burnt out. Went to swap bulbs. Looks like I have to take the whole assembly out. Or am I missing something? It is super hard to reach after you take the plastic cover from behind the headlight. I swapped them out before YEARS ago.m, bit dont rememeber being that difficult.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #23468
S14rebuild
BANNED

You should beable to access the light bulb easily once the covers off. That is if ur car is a true 97-98. Core suppost is diffrent and has a hole cutout behind the headlight. 95-96 does not
Old 10-08-2020, 08:49 AM   #23469
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
^^^^I didn't even know I wanted an answer to that but thanks for the info.

Aight Zilvia, help a mod out.

Later this year when my bonus comes I am getting a notchtop SR rebuilt (bought with a spun bearing) assuming the crank is good and only needs a polish this is my build list for the shop. The plans for the car are street machine, maaaaaybbbbeeee a track day at Road Atlanta or run through the dragon's tail. No drifting ever.

The theme of this build is reliability not top power. The oem build includes arp headstuds acl bearings and oem timing per the shop.

S14 SR with stock Turbo
CP Pistons <- stock compression or boost to 9:1?
Stock Rods <- again not going for more than 380hp at the tippy top, ok for stock or upgrade?
Whatever headgasket the shop recommends
Greddy oil pan

Stock head <-- considering tomei 264 cams here, want to retain VTC
555cc injectors<--decided to get these
z32 maf
z32 fuel filter
stock turbo <--later on down the road would upgrade to GT2871r
Enthalpy tune for the NA ecu I have
do i need a fuel pressure regulator?
going with walbro 255ph fuel pump

Thoughts? questions?

I am pre-buying some parts so I want to get some feedback on the items I am not sure about.

I stress again this is not a "I need 400hp" sr build. This is a " I want to drive this car without worrying about it breaking" build.

In addition to the above, here is my parts lists
Koyo Radiator
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
isr downpipe
oe style motor mounts
rad hose
isr fmic kit
cody ace a/c kt
a/c drier
A/C compressor
Tomie Oil Pan
Walbro fuel pump
Greddy Intake kit - Z32 MAF
turbine outlet
hks bov recirc kit
high flow cat
tomei exahaust
fan shroud
gtech clutch fan upgrade
Fuel pressure regulator

Please advise if I am missing anything.

Yes I am keeping the clutch fan, no I don't want efans.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #23470
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
In addition to the above, here is my parts lists
Koyo Radiator
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
isr downpipe
oe style motor mounts
rad hose
isr fmic kit
cody ace a/c kt
a/c drier
A/C compressor
Tomie Oil Pan
Walbro fuel pump
Greddy Intake kit - Z32 MAF
turbine outlet
hks bov recirc kit
high flow cat
tomei exahaust
fan shroud
gtech clutch fan upgrade
Fuel pressure regulator

Please advise if I am missing anything.

Yes I am keeping the clutch fan, no I don't want efans.
my 2 cents.

gktech fan. Moves a fuckton of air. Highly recommend. Only downside, is that many people have experienced it moving TOO much air at idle, preventing the car from reaching operating temps. I know a few people who use cardboard to block off 1/4 - 1/3 of their radiator, for street driving, then remove the cardboard when its time to drive at the track or canyons.

a few years ago, before FRSport became pure trash, I went there and had them pull up a tomei oil pan, a Phase2 oil pan, and a ISR oil pan. All 3 are same design. I placed them all face down on the glass, and bought the one with the least amount of distortion on the flange.

it was the phase2 one. haven't had a single issue with it. not a huge capacity increase, like the greddy pan, but I also run a fairly large oil cooler and filter relocation kit.

make sure you keep the bracket from exhaust to transmission. it will save you from wrecking 3bolt and 4bolt gaskets. also, I prefer a cobra downpipe. IMO Moonface/Dmax is best since you get much better ground clearance, but the PBM cobra is good too, and readily available.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:29 AM   #23471
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Speedo stopped working again. Odometer works fine.

Already replaced speed sensor.

Already re-soldered the board of the speedometer worked great for a bit but now flat out dead.

Bad speedometer?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:36 AM   #23472
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Anybody know the sizes for the bolts used to mount 180sx front seat belts?
Old 10-12-2020, 09:43 AM   #23473
S14rebuild
BANNED

M10x1.25 or m12.125

Cant remeber for sure
Old 10-12-2020, 09:54 AM   #23474
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
7/16-20 for the bottom bolt by the door sill and the upper pivot bolt.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:58 AM   #23475
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
7/16-20 for the bottom bolt by the door sill and the upper pivot bolt.
1.5in long?

Edit: It has to be. Thats the only size that comes up.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:24 AM   #23476
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
The upper bolt might need to be longer to allow the seatbelt to pivot. The OEMs use standoffs to space the belt past the plastics.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:46 AM   #23477
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Do you need a shifter extension if you run a T56 magnum?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:40 PM   #23478
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Anyone running Street Faction CTSV 4 Piston front s14 brackets? If so, can you just tell me if the brackets mount to the front or rear of the knuckle?
Old 10-19-2020, 01:18 PM   #23479
koivuns

koivuns is an unknown quantity at this point
Where to start on a build?

I recently came across a 1991 240SX Coupe that's been stowed away in an old barn since '08. If I can get it running it's free for me to take, and after a little bit of research, this car could potentially be worth it. As it sits, the spark plug wires have been chewed through (darn peanut oil), the oil is old and black, the gas tank straps rusted out so the tank sits on the ground right now, battery is obviously dead, the clutch is all wonky: you can push it all the way in by hand with ease, and it stays down, so my guess is the master/slave cylinders are shot. The tires all are flat and have dry rot, I haven't been able to jack the car up and see if the rotors are rust-welded to the pads. There's a moderate amount of mold inside, though some D Germ along with some elbow grease should make quick work of that.

My question is what is absolutely necessary and worth it to get the car running? So far my list contains: gas, oil+filter, battery, spark plug/wire kit, cap+rotor, fuel filter, and if i can get it running then i would go ahead and replace the whole clutch cylinder system. Anything else anyone can think of? I would really appreciate input, as well as a suggestion for a better thread to post this in.
koivuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:44 PM   #23480
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
my 2 cents.

gktech fan. Moves a fuckton of air. Highly recommend. Only downside, is that many people have experienced it moving TOO much air at idle, preventing the car from reaching operating temps. I know a few people who use cardboard to block off 1/4 - 1/3 of their radiator, for street driving, then remove the cardboard when its time to drive at the track or canyons.

a few years ago, before FRSport became pure trash, I went there and had them pull up a tomei oil pan, a Phase2 oil pan, and a ISR oil pan. All 3 are same design. I placed them all face down on the glass, and bought the one with the least amount of distortion on the flange.

it was the phase2 one. haven't had a single issue with it. not a huge capacity increase, like the greddy pan, but I also run a fairly large oil cooler and filter relocation kit.

make sure you keep the bracket from exhaust to transmission. it will save you from wrecking 3bolt and 4bolt gaskets. also, I prefer a cobra downpipe. IMO Moonface/Dmax is best since you get much better ground clearance, but the PBM cobra is good too, and readily available.
This is the kind of quality advice one can only get from Zilvia.

My concern now is in the winter time will the gktech fan make the car drive poorly. It will not see much track time.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:08 PM   #23481
e1_griego
Post Whore!

I still have the stock fan and my car mostly gets used on track. For your street car the stock fan will be fine.

I'll echo the sentiment around a different oil pan, I always add one on the swaps I do.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:54 PM   #23482
S14rebuild
BANNED

Shit..i picked up a ebay p2m clone for $45.... fitment was on point, no flange warpage, swing baffles worked good, even check pickup clearence.. 1/8th.... solid in my book
Old 10-21-2020, 09:57 AM   #23483
Future240
Future Moderator

Fake or no?

https://smile.amazon.com/CLUTCH-PRO-...E8VD7BC097J14C
Old 10-21-2020, 09:57 AM   #23484
Future240
Future Moderator

Fake or no?

https://smile.amazon.com/CLUTCH-PRO-...E8VD7BC097J14C
Old 10-22-2020, 05:34 PM   #23485
Silv1401
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silv1401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Can someone with a KA measure the temperature of the fluid in the power steering reservoir after some city driving?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Silv1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #23486
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Probably, or that's a crazy cheap (not just inexpensive) flywheel. One way or another, buying a clutch from amazon is playing with fire imo. Who knows what greasy hands test fitted that to their KA then chucked it back on the curb.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:13 PM   #23487
Future240
Future Moderator

My s14 is weird. I bought a new a/c drier from rock auto and ebay, they are both the same but the holes are too small for my lines. Anyone have this issue?
Old 10-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #23488
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
My s14 is weird. I bought a new a/c drier from rock auto and ebay, they are both the same but the holes are too small for my lines. Anyone have this issue?
Yup wrong year dryer.

Had that thru cold air distributor. I could never find the right drier..i drilled holes bigger and light counter sunk for o-rings...worked perfectly
Old 10-23-2020, 05:07 PM   #23489
Future240
Future Moderator

It is listed weird. A distributor on eBay actually showed me his distribution list and it lists the dryer I bought for the 97‘s. Though clearly not.

I doubt I would be able to drill it right. Anyone got the correct drier? 97 de factory manual w/sunroof
Old 10-23-2020, 05:18 PM   #23490
Future240
Future Moderator

It is listed weird. A distributor on eBay actually showed me his distribution list and it lists the dryer I bought for the 97?s. Though clearly not.

I doubt I would be able to drill it right. Anyone got the correct drier? 97 de factory manual w/sunroof