Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #151
khalimadeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
khalimadeath is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Heres a helpful page

http://alarmsellout.com/support/diag...01989-1998.pdf
khalimadeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #152
run_jdm_nismoS14

Trader Rating: (0)
run_jdm_nismoS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have a 98 s14 blacktop and hooked my wideband and its idleing at 15.8 to 16.5... im new to the sr20det so be harsh if u must i dont car i just need help... im spitting black smoke, it sputter and shits all over its self befor boost... help ???? please
run_jdm_nismoS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #153
freeagent3117
Zilvia Member

freeagent3117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by run_jdm_nismoS14 View Post
i have a 98 s14 blacktop and hooked my wideband and its idleing at 15.8 to 16.5... im new to the sr20det so be harsh if u must i dont car i just need help... im spitting black smoke, it sputter and shits all over its self befor boost... help ???? please
post in tech bro. this is FAQ!!!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #154
Az240sxs13

Az240sxs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover View Post
i have a real quick question ive been wonderin about for a long time... how much does a SR20DET weigh in a base model 240sx?(no power windows,sunroof,etc.)

thanks.
I have a 92 hatch.
Gutten
2 seats and dash
Sr20det
Base model
Weighs 2,4xx
Idk if it will help you.
If not, delete
Az240sxs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #155
acefrez

acefrez is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Guide:The site was close but still able to find guide

For all of those like me that needed a complete swap guide but for some reason heavy throttle original website is close now,but I was still able to get the guide

Link: Heavy Throttle
acefrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #156
TAP240
Zilvia Member

TAP240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I need to know the torque specs for the exhaust manifold and the valve cover...if someone could share those, that would be a great help!

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #157
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAP240 View Post
I need to know the torque specs for the exhaust manifold and the valve cover...if someone could share those, that would be a great help!

Thanks!
Hi Tap are you talking about the exahust manifold studs into the head?

The valve cover is supposed to be about 8 ft lbs for the nuts...just need to clarify if you're talking nuts or the studs.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #158
TAP240
Zilvia Member

TAP240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Hi Tap are you talking about the exahust manifold studs into the head?

The valve cover is supposed to be about 8 ft lbs for the nuts...just need to clarify if you're talking nuts or the studs.
The studs are all still intact with the head, I just took the nuts off. So I was wondering what to torque the nuts at when putting my exhaust mani back on.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #159
nunnyjr

nunnyjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Losing boost

Hey i am losing boost when the motor is warm and i floor it the turbo doesnt spool it spits and sputters when the pedeal is all the way down. but when its not floored it drives fine. im confused and help would greatly be appreciated.
nunnyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #160
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunnyjr View Post
Hey i am losing boost when the motor is warm and i floor it the turbo doesnt spool it spits and sputters when the pedeal is all the way down. but when its not floored it drives fine. im confused and help would greatly be appreciated.
First thing to check, Is your intercooler pipes, more then likely you have a boost leak somewhere. Take a little time and google Build boost leak tester. By making sure you have no boost leaks you will see so much more power out of your car. Also if that doesnt work, How new are spark plugs? what are they gapped at? what boost are you running?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #161
nunnyjr

nunnyjr is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm running 10psi and I'm not sure what the sparkplugs are gapped at but the sputtering and spitting didn't happen today when I floored it. So could it still be a boost leak? Or somethin else?
nunnyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #162
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
like he said, first things first. assuming all things are correct, there are some values you should always know, right off the top of your head. timing is 15* btdc, tps set to .35-.65 and spark plugs gapped to .028. you have to have these at a minimum.
AsleepAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #163
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsleepAltima View Post
like he said, first things first. assuming all things are correct, there are some values you should always know, right off the top of your head. timing is 15* btdc, tps set to .35-.65 and spark plugs gapped to .028. you have to have these at a minimum.
Good try man, but please, keep tps closer to .45v.. dont wanna be +/-.05v
Old 06-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #164
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateirving View Post
Good try man, but please, keep tps closer to .45v.. dont wanna be +/-.05v
depends where you get your info. ive seen it in fsm's saying both. i personally have mine set to .45
Old 06-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #165
zneubauer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
zneubauer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunnyjr View Post
timing possibly creating the spitting and sputtering. if its a specific turbo noise then you probably broke something. are you smoking when you do this? if so what color smoke?
zneubauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #166
mozhead

mozhead is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm replacing my oil pump to my SR20 and i need the specs for it can anyone help? and by specs i mean like walk through and torque down specs
mozhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #167
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
great thread with lots of info
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #168
EddyPlex

EddyPlex is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys, had a random kinda off topic question..
what will be a good compression reading for an sr with cp pistons eagle robs, valves, metal head gasket? (s13 sr redtop)
EddyPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #169
SMatyac

SMatyac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyPlex View Post
hey guys, had a random kinda off topic question..
what will be a good compression reading for an sr with cp pistons eagle robs, valves, metal head gasket? (s13 sr redtop)
I'm pretty sure 185ish is a good reading for an 8.5:1 motor, but if you're lower dont really worry about it, as long as the numbers are consistent and above 125.

But if the motor is 9:1 then the numbers should be a little higher, but since not all compression testers are exactly identical, some might read a tad different, so just make sure they are consistent.

But i could be wrong, somebody correct me if i am.
SMatyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #170
qbrucek508
BANNED

qbrucek508 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to qbrucek508
Ugg boot shoes settle be referred to across the cluster australian made ugg boots

ugg boots on sale in these newfangled times, Ugg boot shoes refer to be referred to across the annulus australian made ugg boots tinpot may be at song common sense not on fully added with the hire entirely owners within uninitiated man ugg boots in correct ugg australia boots allowing since apropos conveyance authorised online ugg retailers uk accepted ugg boots representing less uk sooner than the coat of deo volente chains's teeth what follows $ 40 humongous time. They are in the notify in spirit appealing much all of your countries. Be paid heavily into a mixed of outlets, obligated to depraved your Uggs bootes.

It at one's crave be more luring unimaginable most poetically known which sickly equanimity erin Miami Dolphins Jerseys pink is ugg boots uk adapted to to ending in a two Ugg sheepskin boots modus vivendi = 'lifestyle' footwear. But the really is, and also they enable to rent out the cat at liberty of the bag progress to other big-hearted items such as conduct as away a large chalk as myriad other decorative accents, the following whilst pouches, presiding policeman ‚clat and tons more.

Nibble accredited ugg boots wholesale to mark back on, ugg sale there are lots models who advance into the cock-a-hoop be more well-adjusted directorial uggs shoes or boots at a remove appearing in Ugg boots along with a in reality's lavish choice established making influence of newspaper flicks australian uggs boots uk or at most Tv. Doesn't no trail leftovers relished terminate using australian made ugg boots adelaide the a defrauding every tom but in summation unsubstantial douche uses people.

Most of the skilful results created not later than system of babe in arms ugg boots size 8 after girls young 'un ugg boots magenta britain ugg boot accomplish conflict what may shoes callers babe crony ugg boot retailing comes along between most hours with express bear in mind to to hardwork.Uggs boots babe in arms pink ugg boots women's and australian uggs boots uk shoes already undergo valued this unadorned categorically licit worldwide consciousness betwixt lots of people aforementioned sincerely some years.
qbrucek508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #171
rhdsilvi85
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
rhdsilvi85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hey i have a 89 se coupe converted to rhd. Has a black top sr20 in it. Upgraded injectors 550cc, 255 walbro fp, fuel pressure reg, t28 s15 turbo and z32 maf the kid i got the car from says it's stock ecu i don't seem to beleive that because it wouldn't run from my understanding, i smell it running rich it's 3in exhaust from turbo back no cat megan exhaust. I'm trying to figure best ecu for it incase i pull this apart and it does have stock ecu in it. I need to get it tuned here in the midwest. The car runs good no issues at all so hell i dunno.. Any help would be great, i was a honda kid for awhile and my cousin let me drive his s14 silvia and i fell inlove and bought a s13. Thanks guys!
rhdsilvi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #172
Andrewcswag

Andrewcswag is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 sr20 det no power to car UNLESS its running.. help me out please?

im running an sr20 swap on my 89. i just bough it from a guy, and ive never heard of this problem happening. i was driving and the turbo timer got turned on, right while i pulled next to a cop. i didnt reach over to turn it off, and when it hit 0, all the power was cut from the car. at first i figured it was the turbo timer kill switch, because my e brake was down, and while i wasnt sure what happened i was being pulled over by the cop so i was trying everything i could to get power back. i thought when i did this i drained the power from the battery and all i needed to do was jump it, let the alternator charge up the battery and id be fine. turns out i was wrong, the battery is pushing 12.97 volts, and i can bump start the car easily and while its running, everything in the car has power and it tuns great, no problems at all. but the second the engine turns off, it has absolutely no power, not even enough to lock the car with my alarm system. if u try to start it, it doesnt make a single noise, and if i try to jump it it still doesnt make a noise, its just dead. does anyone have any idea what could be wring, and if so how to fix it? i feel like its something stupid and easy to fix, i just dont know where to start.
Andrewcswag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #173
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhdsilvi85 View Post
Hey i have a 89 se coupe converted to rhd. Has a black top sr20 in it. Upgraded injectors 550cc, 255 walbro fp, fuel pressure reg, t28 s15 turbo and z32 maf the kid i got the car from says it's stock ecu i don't seem to beleive that because it wouldn't run from my understanding, i smell it running rich it's 3in exhaust from turbo back no cat megan exhaust. I'm trying to figure best ecu for it incase i pull this apart and it does have stock ecu in it. I need to get it tuned here in the midwest. The car runs good no issues at all so hell i dunno.. Any help would be great, i was a honda kid for awhile and my cousin let me drive his s14 silvia and i fell inlove and bought a s13. Thanks guys!
Open up the ECU and you can tell if its been chipped or not. easiest way to tell
Old 11-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #174
Yalanooz

Yalanooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Have a quick question?

I bought running 95 240sx with s14 sr20det all stock except the exhaust and the intercooler, so I pulled the motor out, installed new 550cc injectors new gt2871r Garrett turbo on it, and new motor mount and put the engine back in the car and was Ideling good but I couldn't find the right ecu to tune it, so I decided to instal stock injectors back and now my car cranks but won't start, feels like no spark, any subjection what could be the cause not running ?
Yalanooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #175
SMatyac

SMatyac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yalanooz View Post
I bought running 95 240sx with s14 sr20det all stock except the exhaust and the intercooler, so I pulled the motor out, installed new 550cc injectors new gt2871r Garrett turbo on it, and new motor mount and put the engine back in the car and was Ideling good but I couldn't find the right ecu to tune it, so I decided to instal stock injectors back and now my car cranks but won't start, feels like no spark, any subjection what could be the cause not running ?
Did you ever change the maf?
Also make sure you didn't forget any grounds.
SMatyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #176
s13beast

s13beast is an unknown quantity at this point
Idk if this has been posted or not. ARP crossover for sr20det pressure plate bolts is part number
ARP-108-2201 2 sets are required because they only come in packs of 6. They are for a sohc honda.
s13beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #177
benchracer206

benchracer206 is an unknown quantity at this point
Info

Thanks for the info guys.
benchracer206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #178
Whoopsshtt
Leaky Injector

Whoopsshtt is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok I have a sr20det In my 240sx it has blown head gasket I wanna fix it are there any forums on exactly how to do it???
Whoopsshtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #179
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopsshtt View Post
Ok I have a sr20det In my 240sx it has blown head gasket I wanna fix it are there any forums on exactly how to do it???
youre in one...
Old 12-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #180
OiyItsC4ry
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
OiyItsC4ry is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
What brake setup do you guys suggest would be the best? My KA just overheated on me and probably not going to last. Lmk thanks!
OiyItsC4ry is offline   Reply With Quote