Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Is it really necessary for Fatboy Garage to have 40+ threads on Godspeed parts?

Maybe it's just me, but it just seems a little excessive to post a "special" on every single unique Godspeed part and continue to bump them...About 1/3 of all the refreshed threads are from this...it's getting a little crazy.

Now that I've ranted, I'm going to offer a constructive suggestion and if your entire inventory of Godspeed parts is on sale, just make a thread that says something like "ALL GODSPEED PARTS ON SALE @ FATBOY GARAGE", then list all the parts you have out in the thread with prices and whatnot.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've been wondering the same thing. Is there not a limit to the number of open threads a vendor can have?

What's funny is the thread they have for the steering angle kit has been ran into the ground (for good reason too) and they're bumping it!!!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thinking the same thing here. Whatever, vote with your dollars.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Was it really necessary to make a thread about how much sand you have stuffed in your pussy? They're a business and they're in the business of making money. If it really yanks your pubes then simply scroll the fuck down and move on to the next page. I mean how fucking lazy can you be? And you could have avoided all of this nonsense by pm'ing a mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
Was it really necessary to make a thread about how much sand you have stuffed in your pussy? They're a business and they're in the business of making money. If it really yanks your pubes then simply scroll the fuck down and move on to the next page. I mean how fucking lazy can you be? And you could have avoided all of this nonsense by pm'ing a mod.
It was more of a poll /suggestion for future vendors than anything. Sounds like you have anger management issues or social problems though. I don't really see why my thread warranted that kind of response. (If you didn't like my thread, then move on to the next one...but I bet if I posted 40 of these threads and bumped them every week, you wouldn't be so inclined to continue ignoring them)

Good pickup man, I would have never though businesses other than non-profits are in business to make money. With a BS in Business Management and an MBA, I would have never guessed that. And FYI, I can be extremely lazy.

I have a feeling you have a thing for that specific business though, which is great. I have nothing against them, I'm just throwing it out there that I don't care to see their entire inventory posted in individual threads. You don't see other major long-time vendors doing this. It's one thing to try and take up shelf-space in a store, it's another to do it on a forum that's used for both information and buying/selling.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wn3r View Post
It was more of a poll /suggestion for future vendors than anything. Sounds like you have anger management issues or social problems though. I don't really see why my thread warranted that kind of response. (If you didn't like my thread, then move on to the next one...but I bet if I posted 40 of these threads and bumped them every week, you wouldn't be so inclined to continue ignoring them)

Good pickup man, I would have never though businesses other than non-profits are in business to make money. With a BS in Business Management and an MBA, I would have never guessed that. And FYI, I can be extremely lazy.

I have a feeling you have a thing for that specific business though, which is great. I have nothing against them, I'm just throwing it out there that I don't care to see their entire inventory posted in individual threads. You don't see other major long-time vendors doing this. It's one thing to try and take up shelf-space in a store, it's another to do it on a forum that's used for both information and buying/selling.
Extremely well put and I agree 100%
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SIGNED....wait is this not a petition?

I feel the same way though, I have never seen a vendor on zilvia go this far to try to put their name out there by cluttering the shit out of the forum. Not to mention 90% of the time it's just them bumping their for sale threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
The way I see it, they pay for their vendor acct, if the mods are allowing it then whatever. Bumping this thread and bumping a fs thread is not the same.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I will take care of this, I have Warned Ken about this before .... Bring on the Thunda!

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
Fatboy Garage
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
Fatboy Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Fatboy Garage
Drift N Dragg, anyway I can contact you through email?

- Chris
Fatboy Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #11
DJ PoW
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
DJ PoW is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ PoW
I don't understand, doesn't Fatboy Garage pay to be a vendor? Is there a bump limit when you are a vender as well? I would think actual paying customers wouldn't have so many restrictions. I'm sure it's vendors that actually keep the site up.
DJ PoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #12
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Everyone has rules to follow. EVERYONE

The income from our vendors does indeed help to keep this site up and running, but not so much that we will overlook selfish or juvenille behavior for the sake of money.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #13
DJ PoW
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
DJ PoW is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ PoW
I understand that everyone has rules to follow, even vendors. If you don't mind me asking, can the "normal" people such as myself see the rules that the vendors are suppose to follow?

I just don't get why no action was taken before hand, it was only until someone decided to make a thread and complain. THEN "Fatboy Garage" was instantly punished. Just wanted to point that out. I myself don't know how many times you guys have warned them but just seems like this was out of the ordinary.
DJ PoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #14
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Everyone has rules to follow. EVERYONE

The income from our vendors does indeed help to keep this site up and running, but not so much that we will overlook selfish or juvenille behavior for the sake of money.

Thank you for the well worded response. Because 25 bumps to a thread that no one is responding to is a freaking joke.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #15
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ PoW View Post
I understand that everyone has rules to follow, even vendors. If you don't mind me asking, can the "normal" people such as myself see the rules that the vendors are suppose to follow?

I just don't get why no action was taken before hand, it was only until someone decided to make a thread and complain. THEN "Fatboy Garage" was instantly punished. Just wanted to point that out. I myself don't know how many times you guys have warned them but just seems like this was out of the ordinary.
So you're saying the blame is partly the mod's? Just want to add that vendors aren't the only one's with multiple bumps, unless the rules have changed for regular members. One FS thread per suspension part isn't pretty though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Thank you for the well worded response. Because 25 bumps to a thread that no one is responding to is a freaking joke.
Actually, just because there is no posts in there besides fatboy's bumps doesn't mean it's not getting any response. There is a pm system.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
So you're saying the blame is partly the mod's? Just want to add that vendors aren't the only one's with multiple bumps, unless the rules have changed for regular members. One FS thread per suspension part isn't pretty though.

Actually, just because there is no posts in there besides fatboy's bumps doesn't mean it's not getting any response. There is a pm system.
Right, but it doesn't mean that you have to bump a thread or put "All PM's replied to"

Actually, rather than waste time doing that in a blank thread, I think you'd be better putting it all in only a small handful of threads (or one) so that there's alot more people keep bringing up the thread for you. By that I mean, someone can bump a thread for one suspension part even if it has multiple ones in there.

I'm not out to get Fatboy Garage in anyway whatsoever or have them be made an "example of"...but if they've been talked to by the mods on the same exact topic and ignored them then that's out of my hands. I can safely say that I'd never purchase from two specific businesses on this forum and they probably know who they are, (F.G. is NOT one of those two)

I can try and change thread title if it makes people happier, because my main point is more along the lines of "how many threads/bumps can a vendor have in a given period" Percentage-wise, it just seemed like the majority of new threads on each page in the past week were from this one example I picked out.

In fact, if I was in the market for Godspeed parts or the parts Fatboy Garage was selling, I'd strongly consider them as a vendor.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #17
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I agree with OP, yes they do bump excessively but also when a question is asked about their products, a response would be considered rare. I have asked several time about some of their products and no response.
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #18
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

There is a separate sub-forum, only available to Advertisers/Vendors and Staff where any issues can be discussed.

You're right, you DON'T know what goes on behind the scenes. I'll leave it at that.

This is not the first time a vendor has been restricted or received punitive action due to their inability to follow simple instructions. That restriction is never used as a first response though.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #19
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
how about about pinkGodzilla that guy bumps his for sale threads way too much
rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #20
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:

ThatGuy's response was correct.
You don't know what has been told to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post

There is a PM System in place, But to go up and Bump your thread for the fun of it, even though you are answering through PM does not mean its ok.

If there are no comments or questions on the thread, then there is no reason to bump it. Unless you are adding a new part.

Also a billion threads for each part is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
I agree with OP, yes they do bump excessively but also when a question is asked about their products, a response would be considered rare. I have asked several time about some of their products and no response.
Exactly, but they are on que with there bumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat240 View Post
how about about pinkGodzilla that guy bumps his for sale threads way too much
he has been dealt with on a number of occasions and again, behind the woodworks, things have been done. Just because we do not put out that information, does not mean nothing has been done.

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Drift N Dragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #21
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Prime example the link below has been 73 times! WTF! They list stuff and one or two poeple comment, then it turns into a bump fest, this crap takes up space and needs to be addressed.

http://zilvia.net/f/suspension/40954...uspension.html
Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Prime example the link below has been 73 times! WTF! They list stuff and one or two poeple comment, then it turns into a bump fest, this crap takes up space and needs to be addressed.

http://zilvia.net/f/suspension/40954...uspension.html
Just saw that thread and was going to post it up but you beat me to the punch. Obviously people aren't that interested in their products otherwise they wouldn't have to resort to bumping the shit out of all of their threads. Once a week would be somewhat reasonable, but everyday I see another godspeed part being bumped. None of the other manufacturers/vendors seem to be doing it quite as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote