Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #61
Petitt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Petitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
What year Q45 did you use? I have put them on both of my S13s and never had to enlarge bolt holes, direct bolt on. The year info could be helpful for your post.
96 I believe
Petitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 02:50 AM   #62
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thats strange 90-96 should be a direct bolt on, only reason I ask is because that is a great write up and if someone came across it they should know its for say 97+ Q45s on a S13 etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #63
Petitt
Leaky Injector

Petitt is an unknown quantity at this point
It could very well be for a newer set. I actually got the brakes with the car, that's why I'm unsure of the exact year. If you're saying you had to do zero modification to 90-96 brakes, I would go on and recant my statement that these are off of a 96 lol

I'll edit the post.
Petitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #64
90240sx07
Zilvia Junkie

90240sx07 is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone have a good writeup on q45 or gtst brakes? been trying to find a good one but seems like i always find half finished ones or not complete
90240sx07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #65
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Its just like a normal caliper change with two extra steps, you have to drill your rotors if you are only 4lug, and you have to cut off or otherwise remove the dust shield.

KA24DEvelopment.com :: 240SX Brake Upgrades

This one is for a S14 so change accordingly if you have 4lugs and if you don't run into the bolt length issue don't add spacers.
Q45 Brake Swap (S14) : 240SX Technical Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #66
Turbo Nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Turbo Nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs420240sx View Post
i dont know if evo rear brembos are different from sti rear brembos but here's this from nico: "Sti rear Brembo with EVO rear rotor and it BOLTS RIGHT UP!! it needs a 3mm spacer here for the correct offset, you need to trim/remove the dust cover thats all, the brembo brake line even screws right in!"
Thanks for the info. Apparently sti Brembos are different from the evo ones. I still haven't try fitting them on. I hope to work with them on summer.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #67
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
any of you guys know of the 2006 M45 rotor with 26mm Z32 front calipers?
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #68
BraveFart

Trader Rating: (0)
BraveFart is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think I have decided to go with the Wilwood forged superlite 4 piston bbk on the front of my ls1 powered s14. Purpose of the car is street use, with a lot of autocross/ track use. Does anyone know what rear brakes would work well with this kit and result in a well balanced setup?
BraveFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:46 AM   #69
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
R33 GTS-T Calipers
97-01 Q45 rotors
Circuit sports z32 to s14/s13 conversion lines
Z32 stoptech street pads
All a direct swap, no drama on a s14.

Awesome setup even with the shitty stock bmc.

Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #70
cbcm2435
Zilvia Junkie

cbcm2435 is an unknown quantity at this point
im surprised no one has mentioned the akebono z32 brakes

Z1 Motorsports 14" Akebono Big Brake Master Set (300zx)

it is considered a big brake kit on the 300zx so it should be awesome on our cars.
cbcm2435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #71
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcm2435 View Post
im surprised no one has mentioned the akebono z32 brakes

Z1 Motorsports 14" Akebono Big Brake Master Set (300zx)

it is considered a big brake kit on the 300zx so it should be awesome on our cars.

I forgot about that kit. There was a whole thread on it.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/471466-s14-...brake-kit.html
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #72
Oggy

Oggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Couple questions for you guys. If I wanted to fit better/larger/whatever rotors from a different car, what 'measurments' or specific characteristics do those rotors need to have to properly bolt up to 5 lug 240sx hubs? (Leave the caliper out of the picture for the time being.)

Second, there are plenty of decently priced used brembo BBK's on eBay all the time. Would custom brackets allow these to be mounted to a 240sx, or do they have certain characteristics that would make them never fit?

Some nice ones I have found:
370z Brakes
Cayenne Brakes
Jaguar R Brakes
Or these beauties if you've got the coin:
AMG Brakes

Obviously this is not something I know very much about, so hopefully someone can give me some insight. Before someone asks why I don't just do a Z32 or STI swap, I'd really like to try something a little more unique.

PS I want the 370z ones bad

EDIT: Another competent I was forgetting, wheels. I'm assuming they are the reason these kind of swaps aren't seen as much. Eventually I would want 17" TE's in the front, so I assume 17" wheels will severely limit brake options.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #73
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Oh, hi

onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #74
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Couple questions for you guys. If I wanted to fit better/larger/whatever rotors from a different car, what 'measurments' or specific characteristics do those rotors need to have to properly bolt up to 5 lug 240sx hubs? (Leave the caliper out of the picture for the time being.)

Second, there are plenty of decently priced used brembo BBK's on eBay all the time. Would custom brackets allow these to be mounted to a 240sx, or do they have certain characteristics that would make them never fit?

Some nice ones I have found:
370z Brakes
Cayenne Brakes
Jaguar R Brakes
Or these beauties if you've got the coin:
AMG Brakes

Obviously this is not something I know very much about, so hopefully someone can give me some insight. Before someone asks why I don't just do a Z32 or STI swap, I'd really like to try something a little more unique.

PS I want the 370z ones bad

EDIT: Another competent I was forgetting, wheels. I'm assuming they are the reason these kind of swaps aren't seen as much. Eventually I would want 17" TE's in the front, so I assume 17" wheels will severely limit brake options.

needs to just be 5x114.3
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #75
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I forgot about that kit. There was a whole thread on it.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/471466-s14-...brake-kit.html
I've been searching for more info on this for S14's. anyone find anything? Thinking these with light weight slotted rotors would be killer.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #76
BoosTTed

BoosTTed is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's the brake upgrade for the front of my 93 300ZX. SRT8 Brembos with 370Z 14" drilled & slotted front rotors. I'm working on getting the money together to do my rear brake upgrade which consists of running 90 300ZX NA 26mm calipers and 370Z 14" drilled and slotted rear rotors. They will also retain the factory e-brake. Here's some pictures of the fronts.

Factory front brakes

Comparison between the factory fronts and the SRT8 Brembos

Now the Brembos installed

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130306_131035.jpg (182.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20130306_113146.jpg (228.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20130306_150309.jpg (186.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 20130308_151830.jpg (246.0 KB, 17 views)
BoosTTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #77
GarageMaks14
BANNED

GarageMaks14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Posted the Grand National caliper last time, finally mounted the Forged Superlite Internal that I'll actually be running 1.38" pistons

Wow when i first saw you pics of your wilwood brakes i thought to myself "willwood brakes are a set up someone who lives in middle of no where america would use like VA or somewhere in the south and not california"

I shit myself laughing when i saw north carolina lol
GarageMaks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #78
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Yes. Because Wilwood is only for country bumpkins and California is the capital of the world and every thing is soooo much better there. . ? How's that local government working for ya out there? Sure as hell hope you're not a gun enthusiast living in the most communist state in the U.S., but lets get back on topic

I wonder what you do consider "legit" brakes? Q45? 300zx? Oh yeah, dem oem brake swaps are sooooooo baller (rolls eyes).

Some other country bumpkins that use Wilwoods:

Dai Yoshihara

Conrad Grunewald:

Fredric Aasbo:

This 1,000 HP Lexus uses Wilwood brakes on all 4 corners. . .

C's Garage of Japan:

Ryan Tuerk's Camaro:

(Every drift boi's hero) Matt Powers S14:

So what exaclty were you trying to say again? Only people from the middle of no where use Wilwoods? Eat a dick.

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 09-17-2013 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: pics added for dipshit Garagemaks14
Old 09-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #79
GarageMaks14
BANNED

Quote:
California is the capital of the world and every thing is soooo much better there. . ?
Well we all know that already. We don't have he most non native population in the world cause it's sucks here.

Hey look a bunch of sponsored track cars that got wilwood brakes for free! You are mistaken if you aren't aware the same car built in different parts of the country are gonna come out different and end up with diff parts and looks.

It's usually easy to see how a car i built if it was done in the west coast, Florida or the middle of no where like Connecticut. This is often dictated by ease of availability, price and also other parts awareness which usually isn't as much in say a place like Connecticut.

For example a mainstream wheel like overly small but available rpf01 would be found in bfe while say someone on the west coast would be using a aggressive LMGT4 since it's easier to get for us and something even better.

Obvious the legit brake kits are ones the likes of Brembo, Alcon, AP Racing Endless, Project Mu, and even stop tech.

Nobody runs willwood cause they think it's number one. They do cause the price.

West Coast(real deal wheels and legit aftermarket bbk)

East Coast(faking the funk)

Last edited by GarageMaks14; 09-17-2013 at 02:03 PM..
Old 09-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #80
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What our smart friend is trying to say is that when he hard parks, AP racing calipers will look cooler in front of his friends than wilwoods.

(Im about to switch from z32 to wilwood in the front)
CaptainVlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #81
GarageMaks14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVlad View Post
What our smart friend is trying to say is that when he hard parks, AP racing calipers will look cooler in front of his friends than wilwoods.

or a set of r34's brembo's from a proven brand instead of some honkey tonk bfe set of poverty bbks
Old 09-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #82
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVlad View Post

If you need info on my set up, feel free to pm me, I have all the info you need, part numbers, pricing, etc. As far as bang for the buck, you can't beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMaks14 View Post
or a set of r34's brembo's from a proven brand instead of some honkey tonk bfe set of poverty bbks
SMH. "Here are some OEM brakes, they are better than your OEM brakes and painted gold so you know they're better, now take them and replace your OEM brakes with these OEM brakes."

And you're saying sponsored drift teams are all broke and cheap out by getting Wilwood brakes? If they were broke they would just swap OEM brakes like you're claiming is so cool.

I love it man, I love your logic! Keep it up.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #83
GarageMaks14
BANNED

I'm not sure where you get this logic where I prefer OEM brakes over failwood. I prefer real brakes like brembo, project mu, endless over that any day of the week.

What I'm saying is sponsored teams will take any type of free stuff even if they aren't broke. How to you explain teams running wilwood brakes, rota wheels, Varrstoen wheels, Maxis Tires, Megan Racing, Ksport, Mishimoto and so forth.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #84
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

CaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really nice
Quote:
If you need info on my set up, feel free to pm me, I have all the info you need, part numbers, pricing, etc. As far as bang for the buck, you can't beat it.
\
Thanks!

I think I am all squared away, though. I'm going to run the bracket to utilize Z33 track rotors, and I think I know what size pistons I need for the calipers, and the part number for the lines.

I will definitely keep you in mind if anything comes up, thanks for that.

As far as this whole calling Wilwoods "crap" thing, I see plenty of people running them that drive their cars hard, and they do just fine. Also, the Wilwoods are pretty cheap as far as calipers go, light, and pads are both cheaper and thicker. That right there did the trick for me...
Old 09-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #85
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Quote:
How to you explain teams running wilwood brakes, rota wheels, Varrstoen wheels, Maxis Tires, Megan Racing, Ksport, Mishimoto and so forth.
Because stopping is more important than anything else. Duh.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #86
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Brembo, Alcon, AP Racing Endless, Project Mu, and even stop tech.
This just proves how much of a brand whore you are... and that $$ just means the performance of the product
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #87
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Old 09-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #88
GarageMaks14
BANNED

Quote:
Because stopping is more important than anything else. Duh.
as u can see by the bs brands listed people will take anything free
Old 09-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #89
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Not to rag on you, but my point exactly. ^^^(TE37s post)

Look at all the cars that run stuff like Wilwoods, and cars such as the one posted above. Chances are those cars that see the road course every weekend with their "redneck" brakes see more brake use in that one day than the ones with the "cool" brakes will see in their whole life.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #90
billyblaze
Zilvia Addict

billyblaze is a well-known jackass
Now back to our regularly scheduled program

I'm looking to get the sti. Brembo for all four corners
I already have the bracket purchase lined up for when
I do
I read the back sti bolts right up
But what rotors and or make would you use?
The same for the front?
I found a few calipers and rotors for all four corners
But the rotors are stock and look like junk so I would
Rather just get the calipers

Sorry if im asking something that has already been answered

Right now for a set of four sti ver7 Brembo calipers $1049 eBay
Thanks in advance
Pms are welcomed
billyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote