Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-25-2021, 04:28 PM   #301
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Nice dude, came together really well. Love it
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2021, 08:47 PM   #302
jmahss

Trader Rating: (1)
jmahss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats dude! That first trip to the gas station must have felt absolutely incredible!
jmahss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #303
S14_Sak

Trader Rating: (0)
S14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the roughS14_Sak is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Some Glam Shots

Amazing build man. Do you remember by any chance the tire size of your sa3r setup?
S14_Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:10 PM   #304
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Nice dude, came together really well. Love it
Thank you man, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmahss View Post
Congrats dude! That first trip to the gas station must have felt absolutely incredible!
Felt pretty good aside from the popping and banging lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Sak View Post
Amazing build man. Do you remember by any chance the tire size of your sa3r setup?
245/40 on 9.5" wide rims.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:17 PM   #305
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Update 2/23/21

Got the roll cage powder coated finally, install was just as fun as last time except I did my best to remove the paint on the surfaces that slide so ease of install. Loving the contrast of the colors together really pops in the sunlight.

Drove the car to my buddies alignment shop to go over the car on a lift and redo the alignment since the mobile guy was absolute shit.

Finally got the missing bracket for the UKDM oh shit handle so I quickly stripped the rust and painted it to get it installed.

After a long issue with a caliper being destroyed I found another to replace my rear brembo STI setup I am doing.

The car finally made it to the dyno, on 6lbs of boost we made 500HP/506TQ, however we had to stop cause of my wideband not working properly and also I keep melting my plug wires on #3 and #6 due to the long tubes so I am in the process of working on correcting that. The car drives like a bat out of hell at the current setting, I will have a video posted soon I hope.

On the way home from the dyno I blew my rack seals so I have removed the rack and will be rebuilding it this week at work. If all goes well car will be back at body shop for final buff and color issues.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:05 PM   #306
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What did the mobile guy do to the car???
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:21 PM   #307
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Wow . Best build on Zilvia. Was not a fan of S14.5's till now.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:27 AM   #308
Darkcr3w
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Darkcr3w is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Long time since I have seen a build on here with this much detail and patience
Darkcr3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #309
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1421 View Post
What did the mobile guy do to the car???
Lol you just want to stir the pot...okay here we go

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Wow . Best build on Zilvia. Was not a fan of S14.5's till now.
Thanks man, I forget to update this cause of course no one wants to hear about an LS anymore. I try to stick to updates on the chassis side since its so played out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcr3w View Post
Long time since I have seen a build on here with this much detail and patience
Thanks you sir! I appreciate the kind words.

Alright let's update!
Old 03-09-2021, 01:08 PM   #310
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 3/9/20

Welp after the dyno as I mentioned the rack had blown out from I think just old seals. Still in process of measuring my spare racks and trying to see if any wear internally before I slap another one together. However, that being said I also found a few areas that were literally cooking so I have spent time on fire proofing things.

Sikky motor mounts starting to bubble, even with my headers coated! I am not going to say anything bad about Sikky, but they should have mentioned this or made a note about it.

Added DEI floor and tunnel which is 10mm thick and some metal zip ties.

Also added to areas under neath that didn't have any already..primarily on header collectors.

Calipers are back from powder coat, absolutely love the color.
Got the left side on and installed with powerstop track day pads and new lines. Will finish the other side soon.

Also if you see above photo is where OC mobile alignment came out and hit my fender with my wheel, I was pissed but ending up in jail isn't worth it. Long story short the guy was not even gonna tell me he did it, not a professional and I most certainly do not recommend him to anyone hes absolute garbage. Good thing I have a badass friend who paints <3

My old cusco c pillar bar stripped the threads on the heim joints so I went with a solid one piece design from TechnoToyTuning. Long wait but worth it.

Once the car goes back to body shop I will be having the rear pulled slightly to fit these Mickey Thompson street ss 275/45. Yes I know its big...No I don't care if you think its gonna look bad, like a drag car or not be stanced out. After driving it home on the 245/40 I quickly realized I need meat....

Also wanted to squeeze as much out of the V3 blower as possible without over spinning the impeller. Went with a ZPE Griptec 3.12" pulley and a new belt which brought the window of tension dead center so I am happy with that. Laced it up with those new Dressupbolts M6 allen heads, added a K&N sock for any accidental moisture.

I am just gonna finish the rack this week and try to get the rest of the small things sorted like dying the other seat and finishing the interior. I know on the rear panels with cages people slide it through the panel but I have added things in those open spaces and wanted to be able to remove them if any issues or need be. So as much as it pains me to say I am going with LRB rear panels since they'll be easier to remove. I plan to modify them so they cover more of the rear wheel well by adding another piece that bolts to it and then powder coating them a flat black so they blend in.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:34 PM   #311
struka
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
struka is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to struka
Can you snag a pic of the T3 C-pillar bar installed?
Old 03-10-2021, 04:03 PM   #312
dmragecm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
dmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wait a sec, you mean to tell me this car was champagne gold...........and you painted it purple. i sad now
dmragecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:45 PM   #313
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by struka View Post
Can you snag a pic of the T3 C-pillar bar installed?
Of course, they sent too short of bolts so I went and got some locally. Should be in this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmragecm View Post
wait a sec, you mean to tell me this car was champagne gold...........and you painted it purple. i sad now
Yep
Old 04-01-2021, 05:07 PM   #314
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 4/1/21

Got the T3 bar in, it fits well and looks way more discrete than any other C pillar bar I've seen.

Got the car out finally of the garage and on its way back to the body shop for final changes. Of course...gas station pictures must happen.

JP already started on the PDR in all the smaller areas.

In for the big pull, after realizing that my 245/40 wouldn't cut the new power band haha. Big changes coming on next post whether you love it or hate it

Dried under UV last night, will be at body shop tomorrow for final touches. Stay tuned.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:27 PM   #315
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love seeing updates on this build!
Old 04-19-2021, 02:17 PM   #316
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 4/19/21

I apologize for not updating this, Zilvia going down has been a real pain and worry but I will get this one in. So many things so let's go!

Decided I needed some rake for my setup.... Mickey Thompson Street S/S drag radials 275/45/18

Made it out to my first show, the Ark Movement that was for raising money for Autism awareness. Raised over $10,000 for the cause and they gave me a top 15, very humbled.

As much as I love my Nardi wheel, I decided to go with a new wheel for the new setup. Fiber Spoke are made here in states, quality is top notch. I went with a dark wood grain with purple carbon fiber, topped with a Tomei green horn button to keep my theme.

Ended up this weekend out at a local auto body shop here in Pasadena, met some really great people including Larry Chen so I will have more stuff coming on that.

New plate, same outlook

Loading up the car Thursday and headed to Vegas for LS Fest west, if anyone is in the area or going be sure to say whats up! Will have more updates soon.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:21 PM   #317
jmahss

This car needs to be on the front page of Super Street or D sport magazine.
Do they even do magazines anymore?
Either way it's an absolute masterpiece!
Old 04-20-2021, 09:46 AM   #318
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That license plate hitting below the belt, man haha.

Looking good! Nice to see you enjoying all your hard work you put into the car
Old 04-24-2021, 01:02 AM   #319
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Loving the color combo and attention to little things. Also very much would love to take that Tomei 3 point brace off your hands if you ever decide to sell.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:00 PM   #320
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
This car needs to be on the front page of Super Street or D sport magazine.
Do they even do magazines anymore?
Either way it's an absolute masterpiece!
Thank you man! I appreciate it! Thats very nice of you to say, maybe one day but I think all things are online media at this point right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
That license plate hitting below the belt, man haha.

Looking good! Nice to see you enjoying all your hard work you put into the car
Haha its all in good fun man. I respect all motor swaps and those VET boys are wicked. Thank you man I got some more stuff on the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13project View Post
Loving the color combo and attention to little things. Also very much would love to take that Tomei 3 point brace off your hands if you ever decide to sell.
Haha thanks dude, I will keep your name on the list.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:21 PM   #321
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 4/28/20

Update on the next revision. I have acquired an S15 wing a while back from my buddy and have toyed with changing the Kouki, I will need a new trunk and need to modify the wing further but I want to be able to swap between the two. More on this to come soon...

Decided to orient my bypass valve in a different direction to avoid rocks or debris from going into it and causing issues.

Trailered the car to Las Vegas for Holly LS Fest West. Once I got to town I installed my PBM Limit break RLCA, replacement Heims for the traction arms and PBM solid diff bushings and get the camber dialed in.

Once at LS Fest got the car ready for the show n shine. My bumper had to come off to get on the Uhaul trailer My buddies 61 Volvo Amazon LS1 powered sitting mighty fine next to me.

Parked out by the Show n shine with my buddy and some other sweet LS projects.

And I took home the Best Non Domestic for 2021

Holley caught this photo during the show and it cracked me up, wish I could have talked to these dudes.

Cruised the strip a little and then ended the trip there.

Plans now are just taking care of the small things and making adjustments here and there. Finally time to drive the car and enjoy it with all the time it's been down. I will be starting my Altezza build on a separate thread soon.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:50 AM   #322
vasponger

Trader Rating: (0)
vasponger is on the path to ruinvasponger is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
congrats on the hoonigan shoot
Old 05-30-2021, 10:07 PM   #323
jmahss

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasponger View Post
I told you! It does deserve to be on a front page feature, well is on Hoonigan's front page so even better! Congrats!!!
Old 06-01-2021, 10:24 AM   #324
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Shout out to you, big dog! The Hoonigans feature was a treat.
Your slab definitely deserves the spotlight. Looking swole and I appreciate the color coordinated gauges haha
Old 06-02-2021, 02:13 AM   #325
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasponger View Post
Thank you man! Appreciate it!!

Quote:
I told you! It does deserve to be on a front page feature, well is on Hoonigan's front page so even better! Congrats!!!
Hahah you?re too kind man. It was a blast, Larry is such a nice guy and even cooler in person so really cool to be able to say I spent some time with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Shout out to you, big dog! The Hoonigans feature was a treat.
Your slab definitely deserves the spotlight. Looking swole and I appreciate the color coordinated gauges haha
LMAO!!! Literally spit out my drink hahaha. Thank you dude, was waiting for someone to catch the gauges. What can I say purple is my thing. It?s cool people enjoy it man, I of course enjoy the shit out of this car but and I built it with that in mind but it?s really humbling to see people tell me they?ve been watching from the start and cool to see in person. I?m gonna post some of the Larry Chen photos from the shoot, the dude has a vision and he?s one of the best for auto for a reason.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:49 AM   #326
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Any plans to do rear fenders so you don't need so much forward rake to clear the tire?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:09 AM   #327
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Any plans to do rear fenders so you don't need so much forward rake to clear the tire?
I?m really against over fenders, but I do agree that the profile is too large. That?s the smallest Mickey they make in 18?. I want to move to Hoosier 275/35, as these are 275/45. That would give me more room to bring things back and have less rub over large bumps.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:12 PM   #328
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 6/3/21

Here are some of my favorites from the Larry Chen Hoonigan video shoot, it was such an awesome experience meeting him. Hes even cooler in person than he is online and I think that speaks to his character.

I have purchased a few items I will address on the next post with the super charger bracket and working through some bugs. Also on the lookout for a hole free s14 trunk if anyone has one.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:03 PM   #329
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 7/7/21

Sorry I havent updated this in a while, it's been so great to get the car out and about. I was having trouble with belt alignement so I remade some of the spacers for the bracket and changed an idler and tensioner pulleys to aftermarket ones that had better bearings and more defined shoulders to keep belt on.

Got tired of how the R32 seats felt and needed something that held me better and looked better honestly. I went with Status since its here locally and the quality and customization is what drew me in. So far zero complaints other than I need to make custom mounts since the planted are still a little higher than wanted.

Also changed around some some of the cars stuff since I caught the titanium bug so exhaust tip was first...

Then I decided to change my intake over to a Fast 92mm and NW 92mm throttle body. Vibrant HD clamps and titanium piping for the charge pipes and down the worm hole we go...

Back apart...

And BAM!!!!

I do have some big updates for this thing coming very soon. I changed my tire setup and am going to add somethings to the physical appearance of the car. So far the tune is set up for FD long beach.
Old 07-07-2021, 03:09 PM   #330
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Relax, it's not a show car...

Great update

Great build

What are you going to do with the R32 seat??

I?m looking for the US passenger seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk