Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Rate Individual Posts (like Digg)

I'm sure you've seen Digg's and YouTube's comment systems. This would basically work like that for the individual posts in a thread.

I think this would be a good addition to the forum. Lately there have been a lot of moronic posts in the Chat and Tech sections. Its sort of expected in Off Topic,, but the rest of the site shouldn't have pointless posts. What peeves me the most is when the thread title clearly states NO PIC NO POST and people ignore it. Or there is pointless talking, bickering, etc which can be done through PM

The Mods and Admins are busy, and I know its a pain to have to clean up the really big threads that we have. Having this system in place would allow the posts that has been rated down to be hidden once it hits a certain negative rating. This would sort of self moderate the forum. It would also encourage posting worthy posts so as to get voted up.

Here are some of the features
  • The ability to use image or text ratings.
  • The ability to offer yes/no or scaled 1-10 point ranking.
  • The ability to turn off negative ratings for a positive only system.
  • The ability to decide which forums are open for helpful answer ratings.
  • The ability to audit the system and identify top users and potential abusers.
  • The ability to ban specific members from using the system.
  • The ability to customize the AJAX message shown after a post is rated.
  • The ability to edit all text and messages through phrases.
  • The ability to show a page with the top helpful posts.
  • The ability to show rating stats on a user's profile.
  • Template driven display that can easily be customized to your forum.

Not sure which version this board needs, here are links to both versions.

[AJAX] Helpful Answers - Post Rating System (plus many sub-features) - vBulletin.org Forum
[AJAX] Helpful Answers - Allow users to rate individual posts - vBulletin.org Forum

Thoughts?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
actually not a bad idea, however with the amount of immature ppl that we have here, I'm sure ppl would gang up on a certain member that they dislike and rate their post poorly regardless of the content. Honestly, the report icon seems to work pretty well. If you do it often enough, within the guidelines, then more often than not, you'll get the same result. I know I've reported countless post and a majority of them get taken care of.

Edit...I just saw that you can ban specific members from using the system. That might aleviate some of the potential problems, but still seems like alot of work.(fwiw I didn't bother to read the links)

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes, you can audit the system and stop abusers from using the system. Once the system is setup properly from the get go, it shouldn't be an additional worry.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
do it...and then make it when you search for information, the highest rated post shows up first...ahh...that would save soo much time.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #5
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
yeah, that would be very helpful in search's as well. Could this be the return of a somewhat rep system? haha.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote