Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 12-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #1
jzxfanboy
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
jzxfanboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aristo V300 and JZX Tourer V's in automatic?

Hello, has anyone here had a chance to drive an automatic transmission Aristo V300 or any of the JZX Tourer V cars in automatic? I've only owned a few JZX100's in manual transmission and they were quite fast. I was just curious to know if anyone has driven an automatic 2jz or 1jz car that is turbo. Are they just as fast in automatic or are they slow compared to manual transmission versions? Reason I'm asking is because the automatic ones are much cheaper than the manual ones and I was thinking about possibly purchasing one in auto for the time being. Thanks in advance.
jzxfanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #2
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
From what I remember it's slow, and "shift" points were quite jerky. If you're planning to swap in a reasonable amount of time, then have at it.

I just paid for the factory 5 speed and called it a day.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #3
jzxfanboy

Hey man, thanks for the info. Sorry my reply was very late. I haven't been on here for a while. I'm trying to get a 5 speed one, but they are quite expensive compared to the autos. Went to USS Tokyo last week and almost scored me a JZX110, but it went over my budget unfortunately. But, I guess having a 5 speed right off the bat is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
From what I remember it's slow, and "shift" points were quite jerky. If you're planning to swap in a reasonable amount of time, then have at it.

I just paid for the factory 5 speed and called it a day.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Check out Club Lexus, a lot of GS300 guys are rocking the factory autobox still on a GTE swap.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
p33g

p33g is an unknown quantity at this point
I would definitely hold out for a 5spd one, the auto shifts pretty well iirc but the 5spd swap adds up quickly especially with the rising price of r154s. On the other hand if you have access to a reasonably price tranny and the parts needed to do the swap it isn't terrible hard but does take time ( a friend of mine just did his last season). if the opportunity comes up to get a 5spd one I would jump on it, best cars ever.
p33g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #6
jzxfanboy

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Check out Club Lexus, a lot of GS300 guys are rocking the factory autobox still on a GTE swap.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:11 PM   #7
jzxfanboy

Yeah for sure. I had a JZX100 Tourer V Mark 2 with the original 5 speed and it was the best ever. I sure do miss it. I ran into some financial issues which it took upon me to having to sell my jzx. Now I'm in the market for another one, but It's hard finding one like what I had. Lots of them have high KM's and they aren't in the best of shape. However, jz motors withstand abuse I must say. I was looking at the option of getting an auto in mint shape and doing the swap to R154 at my buddies shop, but we'll see. Straight out manual is always the best. Love these cars for sure. Miss the S-Chassis at times, but can't be happy to be in a saloon that's got the balls to back it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p33g View Post
I would definitely hold out for a 5spd one, the auto shifts pretty well iirc but the 5spd swap adds up quickly especially with the rising price of r154s. On the other hand if you have access to a reasonably price tranny and the parts needed to do the swap it isn't terrible hard but does take time ( a friend of mine just did his last season). if the opportunity comes up to get a 5spd one I would jump on it, best cars ever.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:09 PM   #8
jzxfanboy

Ended up picking up another JZX100. Just went with a Chaser this time. Decided to go with a factory manual. As I didn't want to deal with problems from converting to manual from an auto. Apparently you'd need to change the ECU and stuff. Just happy to be back in a manual JZX. If anyone comes up here, give me a holler! I'm in the Chiba area.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #9
Bspilner
Zilvia Member

Bspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxfanboy View Post
Ended up picking up another JZX100. Just went with a Chaser this time. Decided to go with a factory manual. As I didn't want to deal with problems from converting to manual from an auto. Apparently you'd need to change the ECU and stuff. Just happy to be back in a manual JZX. If anyone comes up here, give me a holler! I'm in the Chiba area.
Nice! I always wanted a Chaser, still do to this day. But Skyline's always had my heart.
Bspilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:04 PM   #10
jzxfanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bspilner View Post
Nice! I always wanted a Chaser, still do to this day. But Skyline's always had my heart.
Yeah, inline 6 engines are fun!!
Old 03-30-2017, 08:21 AM   #11
Feast Japan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Feast Japan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I had JZS147 while back and had the Sard upgraded HD trans. Shift points all improved, would take a lot of power.
Feast Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:33 PM   #12
jzxfanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feast Japan View Post
I had JZS147 while back and had the Sard upgraded HD trans. Shift points all improved, would take a lot of power.
sorry late reply, haven`t been on here in ages. Yeah Aristo`s are nice too. I ended up with a kouki Chaser Tourer V though.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:59 PM   #13
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
We're Chaser bros! Welcome to the club...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote